Apple MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Notebook Computer - MB166LLA
(Click hyperlink text to view)
Power takes shape.
MacBook Pro is meticulously designed for maximum performance in a minimum size. Bare minimum, in fact. It's 5.4 pounds of unparalleled portable power in only one inch. Encased in sleek and sturdy aluminum, MacBook Pro is just as ingenious on the outside.
MacBook Pro makes your ideas even more brilliant with a sharp, high-resolution screen. Choose the 15.4-inch, 1440-by-900-pixel or the 17-inch, 1680-by-1050-pixel digital display, with glossy and antiglare options. Or choose the new, optional high-resolution 17-inch LED backlit model for the optimal viewing experience. The 15-inch and 17-inch LED backlit displays are lighter, more power efficient, and they deliver full screen brightness the instant you turn them on. Both LED backlit displays are mercury-free — and the 17-inch high resolution display is also arsenic-free — so they're better for the environment.
MacBook Pro features an advanced trackpad with amazing Multi-Touch technology. You can flip through photos, enlarge text, and adjust an image using just your fingers. And your hands have room to spread out on the full-size keyboard with crisp, responsive keys. MacBook Pro has a built-in ambient light sensor that adjusts the keyboard and display brightness so it’s easy to work in low-light settings such as airplanes and conference rooms.
Multi-Touch meets MacBook Pro.
Multi-Touch technology from iPhone, iPod touch, and MacBook Air comes to MacBook Pro in an amazing new Multi-Touch trackpad. Now you can pinch, swipe, or rotate to enlarge text, advance through photos, or adjust an image.
Room for more.
MacBook Pro has a standard hard drive up to 250GB and up to 4GB of RAM. So there’s more room for even bigger ideas.
The new Intel Core 2 Duo processors run at speeds up to 2.6GHz on a groundbreaking 45-nm process technology with up to 6MB L2 cache. Which means you can encode video, render effects, and open and manipulate large images that much faster.
Ins and outs.
Connect storage, multimedia devices, and high-speed peripherals to your MacBook Pro. Along the sides, you’ll find a FireWire 400 port, a FireWire 800 port, a DVI port, optical audio in and out ports, and an ExpressCard slot. There are three USB 2.0 ports on the 17-inch MacBook Pro and two on the 15-inch models.
Connect an Apple Cinema Display to expand your desktop and lose nothing in translation. That’s because the DVI connection gives you a pure digital signal from system to display. View more than 4 million pixels on a 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display, powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor.
Even the power cord is a feature.
The MacBook Pro power adapter with MagSafe connector is a magnetic connection instead of a physical one. So, if you happen to trip over the power cord, you won’t send MacBook Pro flying. The cord simply disconnects, without damage to either the cord or the notebook.
Sounds all around.
MacBook Pro sounds as good as it looks, with unprecedented attention to audio detail. For musicians on the go, MacBook Pro offers pristine sound through crisp, clear stereo speakers, a built-in microphone, and optical digital audio on both input and output.
Strategically placed in the center of the MacBook Pro display bezel is a small but powerful iSight camera. Wherever you go, you can video conference with iChat, make a movie with iMovie, and experiment in Photo Booth.
The wireless standard.
Freedom. It’s the incredible invisible feature of the MacBook Pro. With the latest wireless technology built in, you can do everything you need to do, wherever you need to do it. Wi-Fi networks show up right on your desktop. Just click and connect, and surf the web from a cafe, video chat from a hotel, share files at the airport, and take on the wireless world.
MacBook Pro ships with Mac OS X Leopard, which brings you Time Machine — the built-in application that automatically backs up files to an external drive. With Time Capsule, Apple’s revolutionary new back up device and server-grade hard drive, you can back up everything wirelessly through Time Machine. So you’ll never have to worry about losing your digital files and hours of work.
Print a layout from the studio or a script from the couch. With wireless printing through AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express, or Time Capsule, access to a printer goes where you go.
The virtual conference room.
Talk to anyone, anywhere with iChat. iChat video conferencing is integrated into your iChat buddy list, so initiating a video conference is easy. Just click the meeting attendees on your buddy list and each colleague steps into your virtual office. View their faces as if they’re all sitting around a table with you. Make your multiway video conference full screen and instantly turn your hotel room into a conference room — without paying for a single phone call.
With Bonjour networking technology built into every MacBook Pro, the possibilities for wirelessly sharing files, printers, and data are nearly limitless. Your computer discovers other computers and peripherals on the same network. From there, you can print and share with secure simplicity.
3G wireless cards.
No Wi-Fi? No problem. With the ExpressCard slot in MacBook Pro and a 3G wireless card, connect to the Internet anywhere there's a cellular network.
Back to My Mac.
Let’s say you’re at work and you left an important file on your computer at home. With Back to My Mac, a feature of .Mac, you can get to any Leopard-based Mac remotely with just a click. .Mac finds your Mac computers over the Internet and displays them in the Leopard Finder on the Mac you’re using. So wherever you go, your Mac comes along.
- MacBook Pro
- Display cleaning cloth
- 85W MagSafe Ppower Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Lithium-polymer battery
- DVI to VGA adapter
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Connections and expansion
- One FireWire 400 port at up to 400 Mbps
- One FireWire 800 port at up to 800 Mbps
- 17-inch MacBook Pro: Three 480-Mbps USB 2.0 ports
- ExpressCard/34 slot
- Kensington cable lock slot
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone (located under left speaker grille)
- Combined optical digital audio input/audio line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital audio output/audio line out (minijack)
- Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment of keyboard illumination and screen brightness
- Solid-state trackpad with Multi-Touch gesture support for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Environmental status
- Majority of circuit board laminates are free of brominated flame retardants
- Majority of internal cables are PVC-free
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- MacBook Pro received a Silver rating from EPEAT
- 17-inch (diagonal) antiglare widescreen TFT display with support for millions of colors; optional glossy widescreen display
- Supported resolutions: 1680 by 1050 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 pixels at 5:4 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 pixels at 5:4 aspect ratio stretched; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
- Optional 17-inch (diagonal) antiglare TFT widescreen LED backlit display with support for millions of colors; optional glossy widescreen display
- Supported resolutions: 1920 by 1200 (native), 1680 by 1050, 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 pixels at 5:4 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 pixels at 5:4 aspect ratio stretched; 1600 by 1200, 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1600 by 1200, 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
- Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor with dual-link DVI support and 512MB of GDDR3 memory
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- DVI output port
- VGA output using included DVI to VGA adapter
- Built-in iSight camera
- Processor and memory
- 2.5GHz or 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
- 800MHz frontside bus
- 250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive; optional 200GB 7200-rpm drive3; optional 300GB 4200-rpm
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW; 6x DVD-RW; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer); 24x CD-R; 16x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD
- Battery and power4
- 68-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power adapter port
- * Up to 5 hours when configured with optional 1920 x 1200 LED backlit display
- Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- DC input: 18.5 Vdc, 4.6A maximum
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Installed software
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife ’08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
- Height: 1.0"
- Width: 15.4"
- Depth: 10.4"
- Unit: 6.8 lbs
- Shipping: 10 lbs