Sony VAIO NR Series Silver Notebook Computer, Model VGNNR330ES
The slim 15.4" VAIO® NR notebook with XBRITE-ECO LCD technology exemplifies contemporary style in a mobile PC ideal for everyday productivity and entertainment. Boasting an aesthetic yet functional design, it will turn heads with its unpretentious charm. Enjoy superior performance with an Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor. Connect to wireless networks, such as your home network or public hotspots at cafés and airports, with wireless LAN technology. And build your own media library with the built-in CD/DVD burner. With its good looks and tools like these, the VAIO® NR is a great PC for all your day-to-day computing endeavors.
- Powerful performance
Enjoy the powerful performance of the Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core T2370 Processor (1.73GHz) with 1MB of L2 Cache and 2GB of pre-installed system memory
- The VAIO® NR notebook comes pre-installed with Genuine Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium
- Extend the reach of your VAIO® NR notebook and work or play online more comfortably from almost anywhere within your office or home using 802.11 b/g integrated Wireless LAN technology
- Store your important documents, family videos and pictures on the roomy 160GB2 (5400RPM) hard drive
- Stylish contemporary design
A soft matte silver hue, clean lines and an aesthetic yet functional design give the VAIO® NR notebook a contemporary look, wrapped in a very feathery 6.3 lbs (with standard battery) package
- A unique fabric-like textured chassis adds to the soft hues and settle design elements making the VAIO® NR more than just a computer but an expression of personality
- Four USB ports, ExpressCard®, SD card and Memory Stick PRO Media slots are conveniently located on the front and sides of the NR notebook for easy, straightforward accessibility
- Easy communication and stunning multimedia
Watch you favorite movies with stunning clarity on the 15.4" widescreen Display using XBRITE-ECO LCD technology so you can see deeper blacks, brighter whites, true-to-life color and razor-sharp detail from almost any angle
- With Click to Disc Editor software and the advanced DVD+R Double Layer Drive, presenting your Digital video content in a professional-looking package is quick and easy
- Go straight to you movies, music and photos with the touch of a button - straight from the start. A/V instant mode gives you instant access to your favorite multimedia without ever booting-up the operating system and conserving your battery
- Sound System: Windows® sound system compatible
- Screen or Display Technology: WXGA LCD
- Screen Size: 15.4"
- Resolution: 1280 x 800
- XBRITE-ECO Technology
- Multimedia Card Reader: Memory Stick PRO Slot (with MagicGate® functionality)
- One Secure Digital (SD memory card) Slot
- One ExpressCard® /34 Slot
- Computer Type: Notebook
- Type of Use: Portable
- Action Buttons: S1, AV Mode, Power on/off, WLAN on/off
- Pointing Device: Electro-Static touch pad
- Processor: Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 with Total Available Graphics Memory of 358MB (max.)
- Chipset: Mobile Intel® GL960 Express Chipset
- Interface: VGA Out with Smart Display Sensor
- Capacity: 160GB
- Speed: 5400rpm
- Interface: Serial ATA
Inputs and Outputs
- i.LINK® Interface: 1(4-pin) interface
- USB Port(s): 4 (2.0 compliant)
- Headphone Jack: 1
- Microphone Input: 1
- VGA output(s): 1
- Ethernet Port: 1
- Modem Jack: 1
- DC-In: 1
- Memory Stick® Media Slot: 1
- Secure Digital Slot: 1
- Type: DDR2
- Installed: 2GB (1GBx2) PC2-4200
- Maximum: 2GB
- Speed: 533MHz
- Ethernet Protocol: Fast Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Ethernet Speed: 10Base-T/100Base-TX
- Modem Type: Integrated V.92/V.90 Modem (RJ-11)
- Wireless LAN: Atheros 802.11 b/g Wireless Network Connection
Optical Drive #1
- DVD±RW: Yes (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/DVD-RAM)
- CD Read: 24x max.
- DVD Read: 8x max.
- DVD-RAM Read: 5x max.
- CD-R Write: 24x max.
- CD-RW Write: 24x max.
- DVD+R DL Write: 4x max.
- DVD-R DL Write: 4x max.
- DVD+R Write: 8x max.
- DVD+RW Write: 8x max.
- DVD-R Write: 8x max.
- DVD-RW Write: 6x max.
- DVD-RAM Write: 5x max.
- Battery Type: Standard Capacity Lithium-ion Battery (VGP-BPS9/B)
- Estimated Battery Life: 2.0-5.0 hours Standard Battery, 3.5-8.0 hours Large Battery
- Power Requirements: 95W +10%
- Type: Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core T2370 Processor
- Speed: 1.73GHz
- Front Side Bus Speed: 533MHz
- L2 Cache: 1MB
- Keyboard: QWERTY, 86 keys with 2.5mm stroke and 19.05mm pitch
- Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium
- Internet Services: AOL Online 90-Day Trial - New Users Only
- Security and Anti-Virus Software: Norton 360 All-In-One Security 60-day Trial
- Supplied Software: Microsoft® Works SE 9.0 w/ 60-Day Trial Version of Microsoft® Office Home and Student 200710
- Sony® Original Software: Click to Disc Editor *Please access VAIO® Support Central from your PC for a complete list of software applications and trials.
- Width: 14.2"
- Height: 1.2"-1.5"
- Depth: 10.6"
- Unit: 6.3 lbs
- Shipping: 8 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year parts and labor
- GHz denotes microprocessor internal clock speed; other factors may affect Application performance. CPU speed will be reduced under certain operating conditions
- GB means one billion bytes when referring to storage capacity. Accessible capacity may vary. A portion of storage space is reserved as a recovery partition
- Requires compatible 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN access point(s). Some features may rely on Internet service which may require a fee
- DVD Media/Formats are not universally compatible
- Non-metric measure is approximate and may vary
- i.LINK is a trademark of Sony used only to designate that a product contains an IEEE 1394 connector. All products with an i.LINK connector may not communicate with each other
- Actual battery life may vary based on product settings, usage patterns, battery and environmental conditions
- See actual limited warranty for details. For a copy of Sonys warranty, please visit www.sony.com/pcsupport, call toll-free 888-476-6972 (888-4SONYPC), or write to Sony Electronics, 12451 Gateway Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL 33913
- For certain third party software applications, Sony provides first level Phone Support. Additional telephone support may be available from the applicable 3rd party vendor. Availability and schedule for any such support is determined by the applicable software vendor
- 60-Day Trial Version of Microsoft® Office 2007 - This trial software will work only for 60 days after you first use it. You will not be able to use the software if you do not activate it as described the first time you use the software. You can activate the software by Internet: Internet service charges may apply. If you want to keep using the software after the 60-day trial period, you must convert to the perpetual version. You can convert online by following the Conversion instructions presented during setup and paying the required fees
- Viewable area measured diagonally
- Total Available Graphics Memory refers to the new Windows Vista® classification of graphics memory, which is the total of Dedicated Video Memory, System Video Memory and Shared System Memory