Onkyo TXSR506 7.1-Channel Black Home Theater Receiver, Model TXSR506B
Driving Entry-Level Home Theater with Power, Finesse and HD Media
In the case of Onkyo A/V receivers,entry level means a whole lot more than just affordability and standard functionality.You wont find a better example than the TX-SR506, which also offers high-definition media capability and advanced sound correction technologies.With an HDMI platform handling 1080p video from three sources, the TX-SR506 brings polish and peak performance to high-definition displays and sources. Legendary Onkyo amplification drive and power set the foundation for delivering bass crunch and vocal clarity.And, thanks to the latest Audyssey technologies, you get to enjoy a sweeping soundstage even at low volumes. Easily holding its own among higher-priced A/V receivers, the TX-SR506 adds serious impetus to entry-level home theater.
Connecting up to Three HDMI-Enabled Sources for HDMI Pass-Thru*
With three HDMI inputs and one output, the TX-SR506 is perfect for linking multiple HDMI enabled sources to a high-definition display. With HDMI as the video conduit, the TX-SR506 will effortlessly transport and enable the full potential of Blu-ray Disc, HD DVD, standard DVD video, HD broadcasts and gaming. HDMI will deliver 720p, 1080i and 1080p video signals from up to three sources for one connection direct to your HDTV. Its 1080p pass-thru capability is perfect for getting the highest possible video resolution from PlayStation 3 and dedicated Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD players. * A separate audio connection is necessary to process multichannel audio.
Switching Multiple Video Sources for Connection to High-Definition Displays
The TX-SR506 will partner any of todays most popular source components for connection to a high-definition display.Were talking an impressive selection here: Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD players; Xbox, PlayStation 3 and Wii gaming consoles; hard disk recorders and DVD players; and cable/set-top boxes. HDMI takes up to three sources for up to 1080p switching, while component video takes another two sources for up to 720p or 1080i switching.
Correcting Room Distortion and Loudness with Audyssey 2EQ and Audyssey Dynamic EQ
The TX-SR506 uses Audyssey 2EQ to counter distortion created by walls, furniture, and other objects.This technology detects speaker distance, and then sets levels, delays, and crossovers, while also measuring room acoustics. Compared to one-position room correction systems, Audyssey 2EQ covers a much wider listening area. Moreover, it corrects problems in both frequency response and time domain (where most of the problems lie) across the entire listening area.The results are immediately obviousa clear, well-balanced and natural sound. After 2EQ calibration, Audyssey Dynamic EQ solves the problem of deteriorating sound quality at lower volumes.The professionals who create music and movies do so at reference levels much louder than typical home listening levels.When volume is reduced on a standard home theater receiver, the bass disappears, voices change, and the surround soundstage becomes less enveloping. As volume is adjusted on the TX-SR506, however, Dynamic EQ selects the best possible frequency response and surround levels moment-by-moment, resulting in an ideal listening experience at any volume level.
- Music Optimizer to Support Compressed Digital Music Files
While MP3 or AAC files may sound fine on a portable digital player, the limitations of these compressed files can be exposed when played back through a home entertainment system. Onkyo has designed onboard Music Optimizer technology to improve the quality of the compressed audio signals. Compressed music loses a substantial amount of bit information at higher frequencies, so the Music Optimizer technology works to overcome this limitation and enhance audio quality.
- Playback of Different A/V Sources in Two Different Zones
With Powered Zone 2 and a Zone 2 line-out, you can enjoy surround-sound entertainment in the main room while you play back a completely different stereo source in a second zone equipped with an amplifier or a pair of speakers.
- Access to a Full Suite of Surround Sound and Hi-Def Audio Formats
The TX-SR506 has the onboard codecs to effectively reproduce stereo and multichannel sources in enveloping 6.1- or 7.1 channel surround sound. Also, by connecting a compatible Blu-ray Disc or HD DVD player with 5.1- or 7.1-line level outputs to the TX-SR506s 7.1-multichannel inputs, youll be able to experience surround sound from Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD.
- Bi-Amping Capability for High-Impact Movies and Music
The TX-SR506s surround back speaker channels provide the ambience and effects for movies.They can also be used with the front left and right channels to provide two separate amplification channels for compatible bi-amping speakers (i.e., those with two sets of input terminals). In effect, biamping gives a more powerful, dynamic soundfield for two-channel music and movie sound effects.
- Fully Compatible with the iPod® Family, Courtesy of the Onkyo RI Dock
The ubiquitous iPod has revolutionized how we listen to and store our music.With Onkyos RI Dock (sold separately), you can integrate virtually any iPod model with your home theater system. Using the dock also gives you additional functionality when connected through Onkyos Remote Interactive (RI) system.
- HDMI Pass-Thru (1080p Compatible; 3 Inputs and 1 Output)*
- HDTV-Capable HDMI Video Switching
- Audyssey 2EQ to Correct Room Acoustic Problems and to Calibrate Speakers
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for Loudness Correction
- Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Out for Playback in Another Room (Separate Source)
- Bi-Amping Capability for Music and Movie Sound Effects
- * A separate audio connection is necessary to process multichannel audio.
Audio And Video Features:
- 75 Watts per Channel Minimum into 8 Ohms, 20 Hz20 kHz, 0.08%, FTC (2 Channels Driven); 100 Watts per Channel Minimum into 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.1%, FTC (2 Channels Driven)
- DTS®-ES Discrete/Matrix, DTS® Neo:6, DTS® 96/24, Dolby® Digital EX, Dolby® Pro Logic IIx
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
- 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels
- HDTV-Capable (720p/1080i) Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
- 4 Digital Inputs (2 Optical, 2 Coaxial)
- 3 S-Video Inputs and 2 Outputs
- Subwoofer Pre Out
- A-Form Listening Mode Memory
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- Music Optimizer for Compressed Music Files
- Theater Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Double Bass Function
- Color-Coded 7.1-Multichannel Inputs (Receive 7.1 Surround Sound from Compatible Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD Players)
- Dual Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts (Except Zone 2)
- Crossover Adjustment at 40/50/60/80/100/120/150/ 200 Hz for Bass Management
- A/V Synchronization Function (Up to 100 ms in 20 ms Steps)
- 40 FM/AM Radio Presets
- Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) Dock for the iPod
- Front Panel Auxiliary Input (for Camcorders, Game Consoles, etc.)
- Newly Designed Preprogrammed RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control with Mode-Key LEDs
- Non-Scaling Configuration
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 4 Composite Video Inputs and 2 Outputs
- 4 A/V Inputs and 1 Output
- 2 Audio Inputs and 1 Output
- Digital Upsampling
- Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- Headphone Jack (1/4½)
- Sleep Timer (via Remote)
- Battery-Free Memory Backup
|Amplifier Section |
|Power Output |
|Front L/R ||75 W + 75 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC) 100 W + 100 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.1%, 2 channels driven, FTC)|
|Center ||75 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC) 100 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.1%, 2 channels driven, FTC)|
|Surround L/R ||75 W + 75 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC) 100 W + 100 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.1%, 2 channels driven, FTC)|
|Surround Back L/R ||75 W + 75 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 channels driven, FTC) 100 W + 100 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.1%, 2 channels driven, FTC)|
|Dynamic Power ||180 W (3 ohms, 1 ch)|
160 W (4 ohms, 1 ch)
100 W (8 ohms, 1 ch)
|THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) ||0.08% (Rated power)|
|Damping Factor ||60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 ohms)|
|Input Sensitivity and Impedance ||200 mV/47 k-ohms (Line)|
|Output Level and Impedance ||200 mV/2.2 k-ohms (Rec out)|
|Frequency Response ||5 Hz100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB|
|Tone Control ||±10 dB, 50 Hz (Bass)|
±10 dB, 20 kHz (Treble)
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio ||100 dB (Line, IHF-A)|
|Speaker Impedance ||6 ohms16 ohms|
|Input Sensitivity/Output Level and Impedance |
|Video ||1 Vp-p/75 ohms (Component and S-Video Y)|
0.7 Vp-p/75 ohms (Component PB/CB, PR/CR)
0.28 Vp-p/75 ohms (S-Video C)
1 Vp-p/75 ohms (Composite)
|Component Video Frequency Response ||5 Hz50 MHz, -3 dB|
|Tuning Frequency Range |
|FM ||87.5 MHz107.9 MHz|
|AM ||530 kHz1,710 kHz|
|FM/AM Preset Memory ||40 stations|
|Power Supply ||AC 120 V, 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||4.9 A|
- Width: 17.13"
- Height: 5.88"
- Depth: 14.94"
- Unit: 21.56 lbs
- Shipping: 26.9 lbs
Downloadable (.pdf) Files: