Polk Audio Black Bookshelf Speakers, Model RTIA3BK (Sold As Pair)
Why settle for vinyl speakers when you can have the warmth and beauty of real wood at the same price, with speakers from the new RTi A Series. They incorporate our latest Dynamic Balance Cone drivers and 1-inch tweeters, with an asymmetric cabinet design that's as beautiful for the way it controls resonance and increases cabinet rigidty as for the way it lends an elegant touch to any decor. The result is classic Polk performance in a design that speaks to today's high-end home décor. True performance art.
- Latest generation of Dynamic Balance® polymer composite drivers for smooth wide-range response with low distortion
- PowerPort® bass venting for superior clean, low distortion bass that you can really feel.PowerPort vastly reduces "chuffing" or "port noise" and provides deeper, more powerful, lower distortion bass than could be realized with conventional ported or sealed designs of comparable size
- 1-inch Silk/Polymer Dome Tweeter delivers smooth response and better detail
- Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC Port) technology for more natural midrange reproduction
- Magnetic shielding for safe placement near video sources
- Mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency
- Neodymium magnet, low-viscosity ferro-fluid cooling, and a heat sink on the back of the magnet, create better power handling and reliability
- Gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications
- Butyl rubber surrounds for high performance durability
- Acoustically inert stamped driver baskets
- Floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
- Cabinet resonance can ruin the sound of an otherwise well-designed speaker. You don't want to hear your speaker cabinets humming along with the music, you want to hear the uncolored sound launched by the drivers and tweeters. We take special pains to make sure that Polk speaker cabinets are resonance-free
- Damped Asymmetric Hex Laminate Isolation (DAHLI) cabinet design for clean, accurate sound. The asymmetric design is made from a 6-layer laminate with 5 viscous layers to create the optimal shear damping (OSD) system. The process was specifically developed for Polk. Their elegant styling aside, creating curved cabinets not only results in a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but the curved walls also produce less audible coloration from panel resonances
- All-MDF construction with massive asymmetric cabinet bracing ensures resonance-free enclosures for accurate sound
- Real Wood finishes at vinyl prices
- 1 - 6-1/2" Diameter (16.51cm)
- Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance with rubber surround
- 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm)
- Silk Polymer Composite Dome
- Overall Frequency Response: 40Hz-27kHz
- Lower -3dB Limit: 50Hz
- Upper -3dB Limit: 26kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-125 w/channel
- Efficiency: 89 dB
- Crossover: 2.8kHz, 12dB/octave high and low pass
- Inputs: 5-way binding posts
- Enclosure Type: Vented with PowerPort and Arc Port
- Height: 14-3/4"
- Width: 8-7/16"
- Depth: 14"
- Unit: 32 lbs
- Shipping: 35 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 years parts and labor