Polk Audio In-Ceiling Surround Channel Loudspeaker, Model LC80FX
The LC80fx was specifically designed for use as a surround-channel loudspeaker in a built-in home theater system. It uses the same ring radiator tweeter and Aerated Polypropylene driver technologies as LSi and LCi Series speakers for seamless integration and surround imaging. Dual tweeters disperse the sound over a wide area-ideal for surround applications.
Polk continues its tradition of creating audiophile sound for home theater systems from speakers you can barely see. As with all the loudspeakers in the LCi Series, the LC80fx is built to the same performance standards as the finest free-standing home theater speakers while remaining unobtrusive and easy to install.
- In-wall Performance Enclosures are available for exact volume enclosure performance in pre-build installations. Use AW00182-B with LC80fx.
- Pre-Construction Brackets available for new construction or major renovation. Use PB LC/TC 80 (Polk Part # AW0181-A).
- Timbre-matched to Polk Audios LSi and LCi Series High Performance Loudspeakers.
- Rust-resistant hardware and durable, moisture resistant materials.
- Solid/Diffuse SwitchIn Solid mode, all drivers and tweeters are in-phase, producing solid, discrete sound-staging. In the Diffuse setting, the rear facing tweeter array is out of phase with the front facing array for more diffuse and un-localizable surround imaging.
- Room Environment ControlRefined Wall Distance Switch flattens frequency response when installation requires placement near a corner or adjacent wall.
- Paintable, powder-coated aluminum grille and flange allow the LC80fx to virtually disappear in your room.
- Two 3/4 Ring Radiator Tweetersfor smooth, extended, widely dispersed highs with excellent accuracy and detail.
- Molded Composite Basket constructionstrong composite driver baskets keep moving parts in rigid alignment.
- 1-8" Aerated Polypropylene Dynamic Balance® Cone for spectacular midrange clarity, punchy bass and high efficiency.
- Fixed 15º Angled Driver to direct midrange towards listening area.
- 1 - 8" Diameter (20.32cm)
- Polypropylene Dynamic Balance Cone
- 2 - 3/4" Diameter (1.91cm)
- Ring Radiator
- Overall Frequency Response: 30Hz-27kHz
- Lower -3dB Limit: 45Hz
- Upper -3dB Limit: 26kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10-125 w/channel
- Efficiency: 88 dB
- Inputs: Heavy duty spring-loaded push terminals
- Diameter: 10.69"
- Depth: 5.31"
- Unit (Pair): 4 lbs
- Shipping: 10 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 year parts and labor (original purchaser)