Polk Audio RTi A7 Cherry High-Performance Freestanding Loudspeaker, Model RTIA7CH (Sold As Each)
Why settle for vinyl speakers when you can have the warmth and beauty of real wood at the same price, with speakers from the new RTi A Series. They incorporate our latest Dynamic Balance Cone drivers and 1-inch tweeters, with an asymmetric cabinet design that's as beautiful for the way it controls resonance and increases cabinet rigidty as for the way it lends an elegant touch to any decor. The result is classic Polk performance in a design that speaks to today's high-end home décor. True performance art.
The RTi A7 features the latest generation of Dynamic Balance® polymer composite drivers for smooth wide-range response with low distortion. The RTi A7 uses multiple long-throw 7-inch woofers to combine the wide dynamic range benefits of a single larger woofer with the tight, punchy, accurate bass response of small woofers. Combined with PowerPort Plus, these multiple woofers deliver deep, high-impact bass with speed and accuracy.
- 1-inch Silk/Polymer Dome Tweeter delivers smooth response and better detail.
- PowerPort® bass venting for superior clean, low distortion bass that you can really feel.PowerPort vastly reduces "chuffing" or "port noise" and provides deeper, more powerful, lower distortion bass than could be realized with conventional ported or sealed designs of comparable size.
- Magnetic shielding for safe placement near video sources.
- Mylar bypass capacitors in the crossovers extend high frequency response and improve detail and transparency.
- Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC Port) technology for more natural midrange reproduction.
- Neodymium magnet,low-viscosity ferro-fluid cooling, and a heat sink on the back of the magnet, create better power handling and reliability.
- Dual, bi-ampable gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs (with wide holes for large-gauge bare wire connections) for the most secure connections and the most versatile wiring applications.
- Butyl rubber surrounds for high performance durability
- Acoustically insert stamped driver baskets.
- Floating anti-diffraction grilles minimize grille diffraction for spacious, 3-dimensional imaging.
All-MDF construction and asymmetric cabinet design. Cabinet resonance can ruin the sound of an otherwise well-designed speaker. You don't want to hear your speaker cabinets humming along with the music, you want to hear the uncolored sound launched by the drivers and tweeters. We take special pains to make sure that Polk speaker cabinets are resonance-free.
- Damped Asymmetric Hex Laminate Isolation (DAHLI) cabinet design for clean, accurate sound. The asymmetric design is made from a 6-layer laminate with 5 viscous layers to create the optimal shear damping (OSD) system. The process was specifically developed for Polk. Their elegant styling aside, creating curved cabinets not only results in a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but the curved walls also produce less audible coloration from panel resonances.
- All-MDF construction with massive asymmetric cabinet bracing ensures resonance-free enclosures for accurate sound. (Cutaway view of RTiA9 shown right, bracing is similar on other RTi models)
- Timbre-matched to fit into any Polk Audio home theater or multi-channel music system for a more realistic, more seamless surround sound environment.
- Integrated feet with installation optional floorspikes in an outrigger base to provide stability on any type of flooring.
- Real Wood finishes at vinyl prices.
PowerPort Plus is an enhancement in Power Port technology. Power Port Plus uses two ports (one front, one rear) and internal "plates" to further reduce air turbulence and increase bass efficiency. PPP allows even lower frequency tuning and lower turbulence for less noise and distortion, and more big musical bass, even at lifelike volume levels. This technology delivers performance that vastly exceeds conventionally ported speakers with bass that you truly feel, as well as hear. Learn more about PowerPort® Plus.
- Subwoofer: 2 - 7" Diameter (17.78cm) Polymer Composite with Rubber Surround
- Midrange: 1 - 6-1/2" Diameter (16.51cm) Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance with rubber surround
- Tweeter: 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm) Silk Polymer Composite Dome
- Enclosure Type (mid-high array): Ported via ARC Port
- Enclosure Type (subwoofer): Ported via PowerPort Plus
- Overall Frequency Response: 20Hz-27kHz
- Lower -3dB Limit: 35Hz
- Upper -3dB Limit: 26kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-300 w/channel
- Efficiency: 89 dB
- Inputs: Dual (bi-amp)5-way binding posts
- Height: 42.20"
- Width: 8.88"
- Depth: 17.88"
- Unit: 55 lbs
- Shipping: 60 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)