Polk Audio DSW MicroPRO Black 8" Subwoofer, Model DSW2000BK
The greatest in a high performance hideaway subwoofer! Taking up space less then a cubic foot, don’t let the size fool you. It has all the glory of the bigger brothers, including the 1200 watt amplifier and quadrilateral bass radiator for bass so loud and low you won’t believe its coming from a box so small.
Who should listen to the Polk DSW MicroPro series? Anyone looking for a large quantity AND quality of bass, from a compact enclosure. DSW MicroPro is suitable for any genre of music, and any style of movie. It works great for video games too.
A unique inverted dustcap design gives the woofer an elegant look while eliminating the need for a grille. All these features add up for stellar subwoofer performance from a compact enclosure that can be hidden just about anywhere.
- Remote Control allows adjustment of subwoofer functions at your finger tips. No more getting up and sitting down to adjust the volume.
- AutoPRO or Automatic Polk Room Optimizer which uses a microphone to take actual samples of the performance in your room, and adjust accordingly to smoothen out the response. Polk Room Optimizer (PRO) is also included and corrects for different room placements.
- Multiple Power Management Options The subwoofer can be turned on and off via 12 volt trigger, automatic signal sensing on/off or manual remote control operation.
- Cabinet Beautifully styled, extensively braced with an extremely thick 1" MDF front baffle. The MicroPro cabinet not only looks great but is structurally sound. The subwoofers stand on firm rubber feet so they won't go sliding across the floor at high volume.
- Quadrilateral Bass Radiator the quadrilateral design offers more radiating area then a round design. This is the magic behind the subwoofer's ability to play so low, while maintaining a compact size. For a more detailed explanation on the science behind fluid coupled radiators, click here!
- Advanced Digital Amplifier allows for high efficiency, bullet proof reliability and minimal heat generation. Each model has 1200 watts of continuous power on tap. That's over 1.5 horsepower! It can deliver 2400 watts peak!
- Feedforward Distortion Supression Technology minimizes distortion while maximizing acoustic output- the best of both worlds. For a more detailed explaination on how it works, click here!
- Subwoofer Driver Design & Technology The robust woofer is the powerhouse behind the subwoofer and borrows a host of innovative technology from our top of the line Signature Reference Mobile Series.
- Basket is cast alumnium instead of inferior stamped steel as seen on cheaper designs. What this means for you is an extremely rigid frame that will not flex when handling the 1200 watt amplifier. Special vents in the basket allow air circulation to keep the voice coil cool.
- Cone features an inverted dustcap and surround provide extreme stiffness. For further cone rigidity, it's attached to the woofer's drive mechanism via 4.5" diameter ABS Cone coupler. The inverted woofer cone matches the finish of the cabinet and eliminates the need for any grille. The DSW MicroPro 2000's woofer and enclosure is elegantly finished in gloss black.
- Magnets Double stacked magnets give the woofer incredible power, maximizing the magnetic strength of the woofer's drive mechanism.
- Surround & Spiders Inverted rubber surround controls the woofer and allows incredible travel and will not break down, even after relentless pounding. Dual spiders on both the woofer and passive radiator allow linear woofer control even at maximum volumes.
- Subwoofer: 1 - 8" Diameter (20.32cm) 8 inch x 8 inch quadrilateral bass radiator
- Overall Frequency Response: 29-200 Hz
- Lower -3dB Limit: 32 Hz
- Upper -3dB Limit: 140 Hz
- Inputs: LFE, Line, Speaker Level, IR, AutoPRO Mic, 12 Volt Trigger
- Outputs: Line, Speaker Level
Subwoofer Amplifier Specs
- Power Output: 1200 watts Continuous Average Output
- Dynamic Power Output: 2400 watts
- Power Requirements: 120V or 240V (selectable)
- Available in 220V
- Remote Control
- AutoPRO microphone
- Height: 12.63"
- Width: 11"
- Depth: 12.75"
- Unit: 33.50 lbs
- Shipping: 34 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- Speaker Warranty: 5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)
- Subwoofer Amplifier Warranty: 3 years parts and labor (original purchaser)