Apple AirPort Express Base Station Wireless Router - MB321LLA
Introducing the new AirPort Express Base Station, now with 802.11n wireless.
Easily create a wireless network at home. Enjoy your iTunes music library in
virtually any room of your house. Share a USB printer without obtrusive cables.
And do it all with the latest wireless technology.
- Up to 5x the performance, 2x the range
AirPort Express now uses next-generation 802.11n wireless technology1 to deliver
up to five times the performance and up to twice the range of 802.11g wireless
- Easy wireless networking
The easy-to-use AirPort Utility — available for both Mac OS X and Windows
— guides you through the setup process step by step. Use AirPort Express
to create a new wireless network3 or to extend the range of your existing
- Print without wires
Print documents, photos, and more from any room in the house to one central
USB printer. (See system requirements.)
- Really rock the house
Play the music from your computer's iTunes library through a set of speakers
or stereo in just about any room in your home — wirelessly. (See system
- Take it with you
Lightweight and compact, AirPort Express is built for mobility, so you can
create an instant wireless network at your hotel, job site, or wherever you
||Josh from Abt Electronics explains some of the great features of the Apple AirPort Express.
||Josh from Abt Electronics, describes what Airplay is and how you might use it with your electronics.
For setup and administration:
- Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.4 or later, Ethernet or wireless networking
- PC with Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista, CD drive, Ethernet or wireless
For wireless client access:
- Mac with AirPort or AirPort Extreme wireless capability
- PC with 802.11a/b/g/n
For shared printing:
- USB printer
- Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.2.7 or later
- PC with Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista; Bonjour for Windows included
on AirPort Express CD
For iTunes music streaming:
- Stereo or powered speakers
- Audio cable
- iTunes 4.6 or later
Works with Apple TV, iPhone, and more
- AirPort Express works flawlessly with Apple TV, iPhone, iPod touch, and
all your other Wi-Fi devices that use the 802.11a/b/g/n wireless standards.
What's In The Box:
- AirPort Express
- CD with AirPort Utility (Mac and Windows), Bonjour for Windows
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Depth: 2.95"
- Width: 1.12"
- Height: 3.7"
(1) The AirPort Express Base Station is based on an IEEE 802.11n draft specification
and is compatible with IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, and IEEE 802.11g.(2) Based
on a comparison with Apple's 802.11g products. Comparison assumes AirPort Express
network with 802.11n-enabled computer. Speed and range will be less if an 802.11a/b/g
product joins the network. Accessing the wireless network requires an AirPort-
or AirPort Extreme-enabled computer or other Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g-enabled
computer. Actual performance will vary based on range, connection rate, site
conditions, size of network, and other factors. Range will vary with site conditions.(3)
Wireless Internet access requires a wireless-enabled computer, a base station
or other access point, and Internet access (fees may apply). Some ISPs are not
currently compatible with AirPort Express.