Onkyo Black CD Receiver System - CS325
Built Around Proven Amplification Design, Solid Build Quality and Impressive Musicality
Mini audio systems are all about improving your lifestyle. Beyond merely saving space, though, the right mini system adds functionality and style in an integrated package.The CS-325 CD receiver system takes things a step further, thanks to its exceptional ability to reproduce audio. Here, Onkyo has applied the same approach used in its acclaimed two-channel audio line-up.The end result is a system best described with one wordmusical.The systems multi-format-capable receiver sports a robust chassis designed to suppress vibrations. Meanwhile, the accompanying speakers feature a gloss finish on the front, as well as proprietary Onkyo speaker developments designed to deliver audio signals with punch, clarity and emotion.
Amplification Design Built Around the Onkyo Sound
Due to their obvious size limitations, mini audio systems present various challenges to amplification design.The concept behind the CS-325 was to design a compact system with audio quality as the key consideration.Therefore, Onkyos engineers incorporated the same technology used in our renowned full-sized amplifiers and receivers:Wide Range Amplifier Technology.WRAT gives the CS-325 three distinct advantages: 1) A wider frequency response compared to similar mini audio systems; 2) Reduced amplifier distortion at high volume; and 3) Better control of current and electrical/mechanical kick-back from speakers.This enables the CS-325 to deliver audio of surprisingly high quality from such a compact component.
Exclusive Onkyo Circuitry to Maintain Clean Audio Signals
Lower-quality mini audio systems usually employ just one circuit at the output stage.With multiple transistors crammed onto a single circuit, excess heat is generated and the audio signal is compromised.The CR-325 CD receiver is different. It uses discrete amplifier technology similar to that found on Onkyos full-sized amplifiers and receivers. Keeping the transistors separate at the output stage enhances cooling, so the CR-325s longevity is extended and interference to the audio signal is reduced.
Conventional volume attenuation methods involve initially dropping a signal close to the noise floor at low volumes.This taints the signal with noise, which increases when the signal is amplified. By contrast, Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry adjusts the gain so that less than half the usual amount of attenuation is necessary.The signal never comes close to the noise floor, and the risk of noise is therefore reduced.
The Option of iPod Playback Through RI Dock for the iPod®*
Onkyos Remote Interactive (RI) function enables Onkyo component owners to integrate compatible components for operation via a single remote control. It also enables you to integrate the iPod with the CS-325 through Onkyos optional RI Dock. Simply connect the dock to the CS-325s receiver, then place your iPod in the dock for control via the CS-325s remote.The RI Dock offers a heftier and more detailed sound than can be experienced with an RCA stereo cable. *Sold separately
Gloss-Finished Speakers with Proprietary Onkyo Features
The accompanying D-325 two-way, bass-reflex speakers have a gloss finish on the front that will impress in any environment. Musically, they incorporate a range of Onkyo speaker developments designed to match the CR-325 CD receiver. For example, the woofer cones are made from Onkyos A-OMF Monocoquea diaphragm fiber designed to support the range of piston motion. Also, to deliver high-frequency sounds with finesse, the speakers include a ring-drive tweeter that contributes to the restraint of low-frequency interference from inside the speaker. Finally, a ductthe Aero Acoustic Drive is included to further mitigate interference between high and low frequencies.
Simple Yet Comprehensive Control over All Your MP3s
With more and more music being bought online, the CS-325 is an ideal solution for bringing greater audio fidelity to MP3s. As MP3 files can be organized hierarchically in folders, you can use either of two modes Navigation or All Folderfor selection and playback. In All Folder mode, all folders appear at the same level, making it easy to select one. If no specific file or MP3 is selected, all tracks will be played back in numerical order. On the other hand, Navigation mode lets you move through the folder hierarchy.The display button on the remote also enables you to see information about the MP3 being played, including the artists name and the song and album titles.
- Amplifier Features
- 14 Watts per Channel, 8 Ohms, 1 kHz, FTC; 19 Watts per Channel, 4 Ohms, 1 kHz, FTC
- Wide Range Amplifier Technology (WRAT)
- High-Current, Low-Impedance Drive
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- Direct Mode
- 2 Audio Inputs and 1 Output
- Subwoofer Pre Out
- CD Player Features
- Plays Audio CDs and MP3s Burned to CD-R and CD-RW*
- Single-Bit DAC
- 4 Play Modes (Normal/Memory/Random/1 Folder)
- Navigation/All Folder Modes for Selecting and Playing MP3 Files
- MP3 Settings for Personal Preferences
- Memory Playback (25-Track Programming)
- 2 Repeat Modes (Track/Full)
- * Discs that have not been properly finalized may only be partially playable or not playable at all.
- Tuner & Other Features
- 4-Mode Timer (Play or Rec/Once or Every)
- Sleep Timer
- Preset Function with 40 FM/AM Selections
- Preset Naming (Up to 8 Characters)
- Manual and Automatic FM/AM Tuning
- FM Auto Preset
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) via Remote Control
- Super Bass Function
- Battery-Free Memory Backup
- Aluminum Front Panel
- FM Indoor Antenna Supplied
- AM Loop Antenna Supplied
- Headphone Jack
- Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
- Compatible with RI Dock for the iPod
- RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control
- RECEIVER SECTION
- Amplifier Section
- Power Output
- 14 W + 14 W (8 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
- 19 W + 19 W (4 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
- Dynamic Power
- 22 W + 22 W (3 ohms)
- 20 W + 20 W (4 ohms)
- 14 W + 14 W (8 ohms)
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- 0.9% (Rated power),
- 0.4% (1 kHz, 1 W)
- Damping Factor 25 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 ohms)
- Input Sensitivity and Impedance 150 mV/50 k-ohms (Line)
- Output Level and Impedance 150 mV/2.2 k-ohms (Rec Out)
- Frequency Response 10 Hz100 kHz/±3 dB (Line)
- Tone Control
- ±6 dB, 80 Hz (Bass)
- ±8 dB, 10 kHz (Treble)
- +7 dB, 80 Hz (Super bass)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 100 dB (Line, IHF-A)
- Speaker Impedance 4 ohms16 ohms
- Tuner Section
- Tuning Frequency Range
- FM 87.5 MHz107.9 MHz
- AM 530 kHz1,710 kHz
- CD Player Section
- Frequency Response 10 Hz20 kHz
- Audio Dynamic Range 95 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.009%
- Wow and Flutter Below threshold of measurability
- Audio Output/Impedance 1.3 V/1.0 k-ohms
- Power Supply AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption 62 W
- Standby Power Consumption 0.15 W
- SPEAKER SECTION:
- Speaker Type 2-way, bass reflex
- Woofer 5 1/8½ (13 cm) A-OMF Monocoque diaphragm
- Tweeter 1 1/8½ (3 cm) ring-drive
- Frequency Response 50 Hz100 kHz
- Crossover Frequency 6 kHz
- Output Sound Pressure Level 83 dB/W/m
- Max. Input Power 70 W
- Nominal Impedance 4 ohms
- Height: 4.5625"
- Width: 8.0625"
- Depth: 14.4375"
- Height: 10.875"
- Width: 6.3125"
- Depth: 10.6875"
- Main: 8.8 lbs
- Speakers: 8.4 lbs
- Total: 17.2 lbs
- Shipping: 25 lbs