Alpine IMPRINT Audio Processor, Model PXAH100
The PXA-H100 has been recognized as a CES Innovations 2008 Award Honoree. Innovations Honorees are selected by a panel of judges based on the following criteria: engineering qualities, product’s intended use and function, unique and novel features and design qualities. The Innovations award program has become indicative of the best-designed products in consumer technology.
- Advanced Technology For Ultimate Sound Quality
Alpine has combined their in-vehicle sound system expertise with Audyssey’s acoustical technology to deliver a sound system hardware-plus-software platform with breakthrough equalization technology. IMPRINT automatically overcomes the car’s inherent acoustical challenges, and improves the sound stage, tonal balance, and definition
- The Sonic Magic Of MultEQ®
The car interior is an acoustical challenge. Interior surfaces reflect sound while other surfaces absorb it. IMPRINT sound overcomes the car's inherent acoustical challenges, improving the sound stage, tonal balance and definition. MultEQ solves all this by using more than 500 control points along the frequency spectrum. This optimizes the sound reproduction to the specific vehicle listening environment with much greater precision that has been achieved up to now - reproducing the music as it was meant to be heard throughout the car
- Easy Set-up
The PXA-H100 upgrades Alpine IMPRINT Ready head units and AV head units with the IMPRINT Sound Engine. In order to use the PXA-H100 to perform the acoustic calibration, the KTX-H100 IMPRINT Sound Manager kit is required. It uses a USB connection to a PC, and dedicated software and microphone to allow your dealer to quickly achieve acoustic calibration that would normally take a tuning professional many hours or even days to do
- Compact, Easy Installation
The PXA-H100 chassis measures 4-3/4” x 2” x 3/4”, comparable to the size of the everyday computer mouse. Using Alpine’s Ai-NET bus, it can be mounted practically anywhere in the car and controlled via the IMPRINT button on a compatible Alpine head unit faceplate or from the interface of an Alpine AV head unit
- Built-in MediaXpander and Manual Sound Tuning
Alpine’s exclusive MediaXpander technology makes every source sound better by enhancing the frequency ranges where the source is likely to suffer sound degradation. It is especially effective with compressed music sources like MP3 and WMA, where it restores the higher frequency ranges, improving signal contrast. If you prefer to do sound tuning yourself, the processor provides various manual tuning functions. 6-channel Digital Time Correction lets you compensate for speaker placement so you hear all channels at the same time. You can also customize the sound with a selectable 7-band graphic equalizer or 5-band parametric equalizer, 3-way/2-way crossover and subwoofer phase selection. You can manually toggle between MediaXpander with all these great sound control adjustments and IMPRINT to tune your sound the way you want
- 4Volt PreOuts & Extra Versatility
Ready to maximize the input to your amplifier(s) or the head unit’s built-in amp? The PXA-H100 switches the head unit’s 2volt front and rear RCA PreOuts into three 4volt PreOutput channels. Don’t have the budget to buy more amplifiers? Loop the PXA-H100’s PreOutputs back in to the head unit’s built-in amplifier for a quick and affordable system setup, or simply plug in to other aftermarket amplifier(s)
- DAC: 24-Bit DAC
- PreOut: 3 PreOuts (4 volt)
- USB Input: USB Connection for KTX-H100
- Time Correction: Built-in Time Correction
- Equalizer: Built-in Equalizer
- MediaXpander: Built-in MediaXpander
- IMPRINT: IMPRINT Sound System with Audyssey MultEQ® XT Sound Optimization
- Operating Temperature ( °C/ °F): 60 °C (140 °F) to -10 °C (14 °F)
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 4V
- Power Requirement: Power Requirement: 14.4 (11-16) V.DC
- Crossover: High Pass: 80/120/160Hz
- Time Correction: Adjustable 6 Ch. Time Correction (L-F/R-F/L-R/R-R/L-SW/R-SW)
- Equalizer: 5 Band Parametric (20Hz - 20KHz, 1/3 oct. Steps), 7 Band Graphic
- MediaXpander Modes: FM, CD, XM, MP3, (Level 1, 2, 3, Off), DVD Video (Level 1, 2, Off), DVD Music (Level 1, Off)
- Width: 4-3/4"
- Height: 2"
- Depth: 3/4"
- Unit: 0.76 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs