Polk Audio Round 8" 2-Way In-Ceiling Loudspeaker, Model LC80I
LCi Ultra High Performance In-Wall/In-Ceiling Loudspeakers boast the same performance, and use the same driver technologies, as Polk Audios award winning high-end LSi Series Loudspeakers. Use them as stereo pairs, create a mix and match multi-channel system with LSi Speakers, or achieve the ultimate in "stealth" high-end home theater entertainment!
- Sold singly (packaged one per box). Single units can be used for center channel applications in stealth installs!
- In-wall Performance Enclosures are available for exact volume enclosure performance in pre-build installations. Use AW00182-B with LC80i.
- Pre-Construction Brackets available for new construction or major renovation. Use PB LC/TC 80 (Polk Part # AW0181-A).
- Timbre-matched to Polk Audios LSi and LCi Series High Performance Loudspeakers.
- Ring Radiator Tweeter (the same tweeter used in the LSi Series) for smooth, extended highs with incredible accuracy and astonishing detail.
- 15° swivel tweeter for direct high frequency control and excellent imaging even for off-axis listening positions.
- Wide dispersion design for uniform sound-coverage throughout even large rooms.
- Composite Driver Basket® construction: strong composite driver baskets keep moving parts in rigid alignment.
- Glass-filled Composite Baffle provides a dense, acoustically inert platform for the speakers high end components.
- Rust resistant hardware and durable, moisture resistant materials for safe use in bathrooms, kitchens, saunas, even under outdoor eaves.
- Tweeter Level Switch lets you tailor the highs for your room acoustics.
- Wall Distance Toggle Switch flattens frequency response when installation requires placement near a corner or adjacent wall.
- Installation is easy as 1-2-3: cut one hole, feed the wires, and simply drop the speaker in. Rotating Cams secure the speaker safely with no extra assembly or mess.
- Packaged and price one to a carton to accommodate center channel use.
- Rough-In kit available.
I tried to watch the new movie UNDERWORLD at home, in my basement home theater (RM6500, 8" Subwoofer, tiny rowhome connected to two neighbors), but the DVD is just too amped up for considerate rowhome living. So I brought it to the office and set aside some time in Polk Audio's front Demo Room, where the big flagship LSi25s are set up in an extreme theater installation with the high end electronics. I was going to listen at full volume, baby!
I popped in UNDERWORLD, and right from the opening seconds I knew I was in for a wild ride. The bass, coming from an PSW1000 in the front right corner, was tremendous, utterly mind-blowing. It took over my bodily functions. The imaging was realistic, detailed and directed, with bullets and bodies and fast cars flying hither and yon (have you seen this goofy movie?). The volume all around was lifelike, arresting, overwhelming, deafening. And then the impossible happened. Actually, the first of two impossible things happened.
First, Peter, the VP of the Home Speaker Unit of Polk Audio, came to the Demo Room and in his very dignified way asked me politely to TURN IT DOWN. "Peter," I said, "this is a speaker company! I want to BLAST it!" Turns out they were having a meeting in a room in a completely different part of the building and they were being shaken and stirred by the extreme volume from the front of the building. I would have to turn it down, incredibly enough.
Second, Peter informed me that what I was listening to was NOT the LSi25 system. It was the CEILING MOUNTED LC80i SYSTEM (with the PSW1000 providing bass).
Let me tell you: the virtually invisible LC80i ceiling mounted loudspeaker system, which I didn't even know was up there in the ceiling, completely fooled me into thinking that what I was listening to was the big set of LSi25s sitting astride the TV up at the front of the demo room. Imagine a superior audio system thats completely "invisible." No big box speakers, no cluttered floor space lost to tower loudspeakers, yet absolutely nothing sacrificed when it comes to all out, high-end audio thrills and chills. At lifelike volume, these LC80is really put out!
- 1 - 8" Diameter (20.32cm)
- Mineral filled polypropylene cone, rubber suspension
- 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm)
- Ring radiator in swivel mount
- Overall Frequency Response: 30Hz-27kHz
- Lower -3dB Limit: 45Hz
- Upper -3dB Limit: 26kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10-125 w/channel
- Efficiency: 90 dB
- Overall Diameter: 10-5/8"(26.99cm)
- Cut-out Diameter: 9-3/8"(23.81cm)
- Mounting Depth: (assumes 1/2" [12.7mm] wall material) 4-9/16" (11.59cm)
- Overall Depth: 5-1/16" (12.86cm)
- Shipped As each
- Shipping: 10 lbs. (4.54kgs)
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 year parts and labor (original purchaser)
¹ Prices reflect manufacturer's US and Canadian suggested retail prices. Prices outside the United States and Canada will vary due to currencies, exchange rates, import tariffs and taxes, value added taxes and shipping and handling costs. Please contact your local distributor (see the listing on this Web Site) for accurate local prices. Retailers are free to establish their own selling prices.
² Shipping is available to US residents ONLY