Garmin Nuvi 255 GPS Navigation System, Model 0100071720
For peace of mind on the go, nüvi 255 leads the way with voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions that speak street names and optional MSN Direct® to get you there on time and keep you informed. It's packed with millions of destinations and maps for North America or Europe. Like the rest of the compact nüvi 2x5-series, this portable navigator is priced right and ultra-easy to use.
Navigate With Ease
nüvi 255 comes ready to go right out of the box with preloaded City Navigator® NT street maps, including a hefty points of interest (POIs) database with hotels, restaurants, fuel, ATMs and more. It even announces the name of exits and streets so you never have to take your eyes off the road. Simply touch the color screen to enter a destination, and nüvi takes you there with turn-by-turn voice directions, 2-D or 3-D maps and and smooth map updates as you navigate. Its digital elevation maps show you shaded contours at higher zoom levels, giving you a big picture of the surrounding terrain. In addition, nüvi 255 accepts custom points of interest (POIs), such as school zones and safety cameras and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs. With HotFix satellite prediction, nüvi calculates your position faster to get you there quicker.
Take It With You
Like the rest of the nüvi 2x5-series, nüvi 255 sports a sleek, slim design and fits comfortably in your pocket or purse. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery makes it convenient for navigation by car or foot. With its "Where Am I?" emergency locator, you always know your location. Simply tap the screen to get your exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and fuel stations.
Go Beyond Navigation
Navigation is just the beginning. nüvi 255 includes many travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. With photo navigation, you can download Google Panoramio pictures via our Garmin Connect Photos website and navigate to them. The 255 is compatible with optional enhanced MSN® Direct content and our free Garmin Garage where you can download animated vehicles that show your location on the map. It also comes with Garmin Lock, an anti-theft feature. Enhance your travel experience with optional plug-in microSD cards such as Garmin Travel Guides for detailed data on attractions.
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): yes (internal speaker)
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft.") : yes
- Speech recognition (navigate with voice commands): no
- 3D map view: yes
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): no
- Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation): yes
- Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road): yes
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
- Hands-free calling with Bluetooth® wireless technology: no
- FM traffic compatible: yes
- XM® Navtraffic (includes basic weather) & Radio for U.S. compatible: no
- MSN® Direct for U.S. compatible: yes
- Where Am I? feature (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection): yes
- Car locator feature (marks position when removed from windshield mount): no
- MP3 player: no
- Audio book player: no
- Picture viewer: yes
- Configurable vehicle icons (select car-shaped icons for map navigation): yes
- World travel clock, currency & measurement converter, calculator: yes
- Touchscreen: yes
- Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout): no
- Remote control: no
- FM transmitter: no
- Headphone jack/audio line-out: no
- Dead reckoning: no
- Garmin Lock (anti-theft feature): yes
- Motorcycle-friendly: no
- Additional: This USB Mass Storage device is compatible with Windows® 2000 or later and Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
- nüvi 255
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT for North America or Europe (full coverage)
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- Vehicle power cable
- Dashboard disk
- Quick Start Manual
- Physical & Performance:
- Display resolution, WxH: 320 x 240 pixels
- Display type: QVGA color antiglare TFT with white backlight
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 4 hours
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- RoHS version available: yes
- Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: yes
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: internal solid state
- Accepts data cards: SD card (not included)
- Waypoints: 1000
- Routes: 0
- Width: 3.8"
- Height: 2.8"
- Depth: 0.8"
- Display Size:
- Width: 2.8"
- Height: 2.1"
- Diagonal: 3.5"
- Unit: 0.325 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer):
1 Year Parts and Labor
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.