Oakley Split Thump 1GB MP3 Player Polished Black Sunglasses - 0010021
Split THUMP is your favorite pair of sunglasses with the added benefit of an MP3 player. The sunglasses are designed to fit in your world and the MP3 player is there to rock it. Listen to music virtually anywhere with speakers that adjust easily and come out when you don’t need them. Quickly control the music with buttons that only you know are there, because they’re seamlessly blended into the icons. Forget about wires that dangle, snag and tangle, because the age of wires is over. Split THUMP is a total grab-and-go solution that puts your music into something you already take with you, and it comes with the razor sharp clarity and protection of Oakley’s HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS® (HDO®).
The sweat-resistant frame can stand up to the most grueling workouts, and with the Overdrive feature, you can instantly cue a favorite song before dropping into the halfpipe. As far as music, Split THUMP is compatible with the iTunes® Plus Music Store* and it’s AudibleReady® so you can listen to your favorite audio books and podcasts. It’s also compatible with AAC (.m4a), MP3, WMA, WMA with DRM 9.0, and WAV formats.
All that performance and convenience comes with the art of Oakley style. Sculptured after one of the most popular frames in the company’s Square O collection, Split THUMP is inspired by the lifestyles of Oakley athletes who dominate surf and skate. The music and art that fuels their approach to life has been crystallized into a clean, uncomplicated style that’s as aggressively original as the person who wears it.
- Split THUMP gives you benefits that no other portable music player can match:
- Unique versatility for everyday use. With hidden controls and removable speakers, your favorite sunglasses are also the best wearable MP3 player.
- Grab-and-go convenience. Your MP3 player is built into something you already take with you.
- Style. The clean, uncomplicated look is inspired by the lifestyles of athletes from surf and skate, creating a true work of art that reflects their approach to life.
- Music in motion. With no wires, Split THUMP lets you truly wear your music instead of dangling it.
- All-day bliss. It’s so comfortably lightweight, you’ll probably forget you have it on.
- Simplicity. The controls are right where you need them and nobody knows they are there.
- Performance. Sound quality that rocks is combined with the world’s best optics.
- Here’s why Split THUMP is your favorite pair of sunglasses with the added benefits of the best wearable MP3 player:
- Removable speakers plus hidden controls that seamlessly blend into the icons, allowing Split THUMP to look like normal sunglasses.
- Absolute music freedom with no wires or cords to tangle, snag or get in the way.
- HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS® (HDO®) for clarity and precision that exceeds all ANSI Z87.1 standards of optical performance.
- Sweat-resistant design to withstand your toughest workouts.
- Incredible sound quality that has to be experienced to be believed.
- Ability to store up to 500 songs on the 2 GB version, 250 songs on the 1 GB version, or 125 songs on the 512 MB version.
- Up to 7 hours of playback time on a single charge, enough to last through even a marathon session.
- Easy-to-use interface that gives you full, instant control of your music without having to fumble through your pockets, bag or backpack.
- Custom Mylar® speakers designed to be fully adjustable for an adaptable fit that lets you control the balance of music and environment.
- Patented XYZ OPTICS® to give you razor-sharp vision across the full lens contour, not just straight ahead like ordinary sunglass lenses.
- Pure PLUTONITE® lens material to filter out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm.
- Materials and geometries engineered to meet all ANSI Z87.1 standards for impact protection.
- Durable and comfortably lightweight O MATTER® frame material for an overall weight that’s less than an empty CD jewel case.
- Compatibility with the iTunes® Plus Music Store*, Windows® Media Player®, WinAMP® and other popular music jukebox programs that use AAC, MP3, WMA and Audible® file formats.
- Ability to store data files — like your work files — along with songs.
- Skip-free music from solid-state NAND flash memory with no moving parts.
- Three-color indicator light to show battery level.
- Included Hi-Speed USB 2.0 cable for transferring song files easily from Mac® or Windows® PC.
- Frame: Polished Black
- Lens: Warm Grey
- Memory: 1 GB
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One year parts and labor
Note: Songs purchased from the iTunes® Plus section of the iTunes® Music Store and songs transferred to iTunes® from CDs are compatible with Split THUMP. Songs purchased from outside the iTunes® Plus section of the iTunes® Music Store are in the .m4p format and are not compatible with Split THUMP because Apple® reserves that format for iPod® use only. Also note that song capacities listed are based on 128 Kbps AAC files, and that battery life depends on volume level, song file compression rate, and other factors.