SONOS Connect Music Player - CONNECT
Previously known as SONOS ZonePlayer 90, the SONOS CONNECT lets you play all the music you want, all over your house,
on all the audio equipment you already own — your home theater receiver, stereo
system, powered speakers, and more. Just connect the ZP90 to any amplified audio
device in any room and it’s instantly part of the wireless SONOS system. To
start playing music, one CONNECT or SONOS Bridge must be connected to the router,
then all the rest work wirelessly.
- Connects to all your favorite audio equipment
Simply connect the ZP90 to the audio equipment you already own — your home
theater receiver, stereo system, powered speakers, and more — and enjoy the
music. The digital and analog outputs, connected to your favorite sound system,
deliver superior sound to every room. And when it comes to volume control
you’ve got a choice: via SONOS or directly on your favorite audio equipment.
- Best-in-class wireless technology for multi-room music
The ZP90 brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house,
without a big wiring project. SonosNet 2.0, our latest wireless mesh network
technology, provides double the wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensures
synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Which
means the music gets to all the right rooms — near or far — at exactly the
- Instant access to endless music
SONOS liberates the music on your computer and the Internet so you can play
it all, all over the house. Wherever there’s a ZP90 (or any other CONNECT),
you can listen to your personal collection of music stored on your computer,
plus thousands of free Internet radio stations. And SONOS works seamlessly
with the most popular music services so you can stream millions of songs and
stations from the Internet to the rooms of your choice. You can even connect
the ZP90 to your favorite audio source such as an iPod or CD player and listen
on all the CONNECTs throughout your house
- Control it all with your favorite mobile devices…and more
Wirelessly control all your music and all your CONNECTs with your
choice of SONOS Controllers. Got an Android™ smartphone, iPhone®, iPod touch®,
or iPad™? Then, simply download one of the free SONOS Controller apps and
take control with the mobile device you already have and love. Want a dedicated
Controller that everyone in the home can use? Grab the touch screen SONOS
Controller 200 and pick a room, find a song and touch play. Got a desktop
or laptop? Then use the SONOS Controller for Mac or PC for added control.
They all work together seamlessly so mix and match to your heart’s content.
- New features and music services with automatic updates
Unlike most other consumer electronic products, the ZP90 and the entire SONOS
system keep getting better even after you buy it. With free automatic software
updates you’ll always have the newest features and music services to enjoy.
Just register your system and SONOS will automatically notify you when software
updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
- Simple setup
Setting up your ZP90 is incredibly easy. No technical or wiring expertise
required. And no need to break through walls or re-wire your entire house.
All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started.
One CONNECT or ZoneBridge in your system must be connected to the router and
all the rest will work wirelessly. Add more CONNECTs in more rooms without
Fits into your favorite audio system
- Connects to a home theater system or external amplifier:
Seamlessly integrates your home theater system and other audio devices into
your SONOS Multi-Room Music System.
- Analog and digital audio output: Enjoy superior audio
quality with analog, optical and coaxial digital audio outputs engineered
for premium performance. Fixed or variable audio output options provide flexible
- Tone and volume controls adjustable for each zone: Optimize
sound performance for each zone using zone-specific bass, treble, balance,
and loudness controls. Adjust volume by individual zone or by groups of zones.
Wireless, multi-room music with SonosNet 2.0
Instant access to endless music
- Pre-loaded Internet radio stations — free of charge:
SONOS includes more than 100,000 radio stations, shows, and podcasts – all
for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer. Browse for
stations or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
- Get endless music from the most popular online music services:
SONOS works seamlessly with Deezer, iheartradio, Last.fm, Napster®,
Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Spotify®, Wolfgang’s
Vault®, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service
availability varies by region.
- Enjoy computer-free music playback: Get instant access
to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations — without ripping, downloading
or turning on a computer. SONOS connects directly to these services over the
Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
- Liberate the music on your computer and play it in every room:
SONOS can play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network
Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular
audio formats, from iTunes® to MP3.
- Stream music from an iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch®: Simply
connect an Apple AirPort Express® to any CONNECT via line-in and experience
true multi-room AirPlay.
- Listen to music that’s stored on an iPod or iPhone: Dock,
charge and wirelessly play the music from an iPod or iPhone with the SONOS
- Play music and audio from a CD or MP3 player, TV and more throughout
the home: Analog audio inputs let you connect to an external audio
source (such as a CD or MP3 player, TV, DVD, VCR, or radio) and play that
music or audio on all CONNECTs in the system.
Control it all with your favorite mobile devices & more
- Control all your music and rooms with your Android™ smartphone,
iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad™: Free SONOS Controller apps for
Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your CONNECTs and the vast array
of music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand.
Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Android Market™.
- Integrated, multi-room control: If you have multiple
CONNECTs, you can control what music is playing in every room in your house,
from anywhere in your house. SONOS Controllers aren’t tied to a specific CONNECT
so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your
- Find and play your favorite songs in an instant: Browse
or search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume
from anywhere in the home.
- Wireless connectivity*: The Android smartphone, iPhone,
iPod touch, and iPad connect to your SONOS system through your home WiFi network.
- Includes SONOS Controller for Mac or PC: Turn any Mac
or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software
is included for free with every CONNECT.
- Dedicated SONOS Controller 200 (sold separately): Increase
your control with a dedicated touch screen SONOS Controller 200 featuring
instant-on, dedicated buttons and long battery life.
Simple setup and expandable design
- Simple setup: No technical or wireless expertise required.
Put a ZP90 in any room where you want music. Digital and analog outputs allow
you to connect to your favorite audio equipment in minutes. The SONOS System
Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Controller. With the
touch of a few buttons, you’ll be playing music all over the house.
- Expandable wireless system: Expand your music system
room by room — without adding wires. Add new CONNECTs with the press of a
Automatic software updates: SONOS keeps getting better
- New features and music services delivered automatically — and for
free: The SONOS system keeps getting better over time with new features
and music services. Once you register your system, SONOS will automatically
notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and
your system updates itself.
Other cool features
- Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your house:
The ZP90 has a two-port Ethernet switch to bring standard Internet connectivity
to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or NAS drive.
- Includes SONOS Controller for Mac or PC and setup software for
your computer: Control all your music and all your rooms from any
computer or laptop in your house. Setup software facilitates music sharing
so music folders on your hard drive can be shared across all CONNECTs.
- Front-panel volume controls: Provides quick access to
volume and mute controls when you don't have a Controller in hand.
- Compact size: So small, it fits almost anywhere.
- Sound quality: THD+N <0.009%, 20-20kHz
- Audio connections: RCA-type analog line-in (auto-detecting); analog
and digital line-out (optical and coaxial)
- Audio formats supported: Compressed MP3, WMA (including purchased
Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple
Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF
files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. See website for additional
sample rates supported. Apple “Fairplay” and WMA Lossless formats not currently
- Music services supported: Best Buy™ Digital Music Store, Napster®,
Pandora®, Rhapsody® 3.0+, SIRIUS® Internet Radio, and downloads from any service
offering DRM-free tracks
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows® XP SP2 or higher,
Windows Vista™, Mac OS X v10.4 and v10.5, NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA. Comes pre-loaded with
- Wireless connectivity**: SonosNet 2.0, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer
- Network bridging: The 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows
Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Power supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- Operating/Storage temp.: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)/ -4°F to 158°F
(-20°C to 70°C)
- Height: 2.9"
- Width: 5.4"
- Depth: 5.5"
- Unit: 1.54 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
One Year Parts and Labor
- ** Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online
music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed
connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate
fee to a service provider
- All specifications subject to change without notice