SONOS Connect:Amp Music Player - CONNECTAMP
Previously known as SONOS ZonePlayer 120, the Connect:Amp 120 has a built-in state-of-the-art digital amplifier to deliver
superior audio to any room. Just connect the ZP120 your favorite pair of speakers,
large or small, and fill any room in your house with unlimited songs and stations.
To start playing music, one Connect:Amp or SONOS Bridge must be connected to
the router, then all the rest work wirelessly.
- Superior sound with a powerful digital amplifier: The ZP120’s
state-of the-art digital amplifier delivers audiophile-quality sound to any
room. The energy-efficient Class D amplifier provides 55W per channel of power
with a THD+N <.02% for excellent audio quality playback — without hisses,
crackles or hums. And because the amplifier is built in, you won’t need to
connect to a stereo to play your music. Just plug it in, connect to speakers
- Best-in-class wireless technology for multi-room music: The
ZP120 brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without
a big wiring project. SonosNet 2.0, our latest wireless mesh network technology,
provides double the wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous
music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Which means the
music gets to all the right rooms — near or far — at exactly the right time.
- Instant access to endless music: SONOS liberates the music
on the Internet, your computer and more, so you can wirelessly play it all
over the home. Wherever there’s a ZP120 (or any other Connect:Amp), you can
tune in to 100,000 Internet radio stations, shows and podcasts and stream
millions of songs and stations from the most popular online music services.
Plus, you can play your entire personal music library, like iTunes®, in any
or every room. You can even connect to your favorite audio source, such as
an Apple AirPort Express®, CD player or TV and listen on all the Connect:Amps
throughout your home.
- Control it all with your favorite mobile devices…and more:
Wirelessly control all your music and all your Connect:Amps with your choice
of SONOS Controllers. Got an Android™ smartphone, iPhone®, iPod touch®, or
iPad™? Then, simply download one of the free SONOS Controller apps and take
control with the mobile device you already have and love. Want a dedicated
Controller that everyone in the home can use? Grab the touch screen SONOS
Controller 200 and pick a room, find a song and touch play. Got a desktop
or laptop? Then use the SONOS Controller for Mac or PC for added control.
They all work together seamlessly so mix and match to your heart’s content.
- Simple setup and expansion: Setting up your ZP120 is incredibly
easy. No technical or wiring expertise required. And no need to break through
walls or re-wire your entire house. All you need is a high-speed Internet
connection and a router to get started. One Connect:Amps or Connect:Amps in
your system must be connected to the router and all the rest will work wirelessly.
Add more Connect:Amps in more rooms without adding wires.
- New features and music services with automatic updates:
Unlike most other consumer electronic products, the ZP120 and the entire SONOS
system keep getting better even after you buy it. With free automatic software
updates you’ll always have the newest features and music services to enjoy.
Just register your system and SONOS will automatically notify you when software
updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
Powerful digital amplifier delivers audiophile-quality sound in any
- Built-in, powerful digital amplifier: Powers large or small
speakers with 55W per channel.
- Class-D amplifier: State of the art, great sounding amplifier
is small, lightweight and very energy efficient.
- Radiant cooling: Operates silently — all you hear is the
music, as the amplifier is kept cool by the aluminum casing, not by a noisy
- Tone and volume controls adjustable for each zone: Optimize
sound performance for each zone using zone-specific bass, treble, balance,
and loudness controls. Adjust volume by individual zone or by groups of zones.
- Subwoofer output with automatic crossover: When adding
a subwoofer, the ZP120 automatically adjusts the output to send the low frequencies
to the subwoofer and the high frequencies to the speaker
Wireless, multi-room music with SonosNet 2.0
- Built-in wireless capability: The ZP120 can go anywhere,
delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Connect:Amps and Controllers
establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive
range and superior performance you need to get music all over your house.
- NOTE: To get started, you must connect either a Connect:Amp or SONOS
Bridge to your home network using a standard Ethernet cable.
- SonosNet 2.0 wireless mesh network technology:
Doubles the wireless range of previous Connect:Amps. Provides whole-house
coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless
- Works with any mix of Connect:Amps
- Compatible with all previous generations of SONOS Connect:Amps, Controllers,
and SONOS Bridges
- Listen to the same song in multiple rooms, perfectly synchronized:
Play the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays.
Add or drop rooms from your zone grouping and still be in sync.
- Listen to different songs in different rooms, simultaneously:
Tune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service
in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room
Instant access to endless music
- Pre-loaded Internet radio stations — free of charge: SONOS
includes more than 100,000 radio stations, shows, and podcasts – all for free.
And you can tune in without turning on your computer. Browse for stations
or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
- Get endless music from the most popular online music services:
SONOS works seamlessly with Deezer, iheartradio, Last.fm, Napster®, Pandora®,
Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Spotify®, Wolfgang’s Vault®, and
downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability
varies by region. Click here to see the music services that work with SONOS
in your area.)
- Enjoy computer-free music playback: Get instant access
to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations — without ripping, downloading
or turning on a computer. SONOS connects directly to these services over the
Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
- Liberate the music on your computer and play it in every room:
SONOS can play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached
Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats,
from iTunes® to MP3.
- Stream music from an iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch®: Simply
connect an Apple AirPort Express® to any Connect:Amp via line-in and experience
true multi-room AirPlay.
- Listen to music that’s stored on an iPod or iPhone: Dock,
charge and wirelessly play the music from an iPod or iPhone with the SONOS
- Play music and audio from a CD or MP3 player, TV and more throughout
the home: Analog audio inputs let you connect to an external audio
source (such as a CD or MP3 player, TV, DVD, VCR, or radio) and play that
music or audio on all Connect:Amps in the system.
Control it all with your favorite mobile devices & more
- Control all your music and rooms with your Android™ smartphone,
iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad™: Free SONOS Controller apps for Android,
iPhone and iPad let you control your Connect:Amp and the vast array of music
on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download
the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Android Market™.
- Integrated, multi-room control: If you have multiple
Connect:Amps, you can control what music is playing in every room in your
house, from anywhere in your house. SONOS Controllers aren’t tied to a specific
Connect:Amp, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume
in all your rooms.
- Find and play your favorite songs in an instant: Browse
or search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume
from anywhere in the home.
- Wireless connectivity*: The Android smartphone, iPhone,
iPod touch, and iPad connect to your SONOS system through your home WiFi network.
- Includes SONOS Controller for Mac or PC: Turn any Mac
or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software
is included for free with every Connect:Amp.
- Dedicated SONOS Controller 200 (sold separately): Increase
your control with a dedicated touch screen SONOS Controller 200 featuring
instant-on, dedicated buttons and long battery life.
Simple setup and expandable design
- Simple setup: No technical or wireless expertise required.
Put a ZP120 in any room where you want music, then plug in and connect to
speakers. The SONOS System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts
on any Controller. With the touch of a few buttons, you’ll be playing music
all over the house in minutes.
- Expandable wireless system: Expand your music system
room by room — without adding wires. Add new Connect:Amps with the press of
a single button.
Automatic software updates: SONOS keeps getting better
- New features and music services delivered automatically — and for
free: The SONOS system keeps getting better over time with new features
and music services. Once the SONOS system has been registered, SONOS will
automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press
one button and your system updates itself.
Other cool features
- Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your house:
The ZP120 has a two-port Ethernet switch to bring standard Internet connectivity
to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or NAS drive.
- Includes SONOS Controller for Mac or PC and setup software for
your computer: Control all your music and all your rooms from any
computer or laptop in your house. Setup software facilitates music sharing
so music folders on your hard drive can be shared across all Connect:Amps.
- Front-panel volume controls: Provides quick access to
volume and mute controls when you don't have a Controller in hand.
- Compact size: So small, it fits almost anywhere.
- Amplifier: Class-D
- Rated output: 110W RMS (2x55W continuous average power into 8 ohms,
- Speaker connections: Spring binding posts (in North America the ZP120
has the combined spring binding post / banana jack connectors)
- Line-in connections: Auto-detecting RCA type
- Subwoofer out : Auto-detecting RCA type, 80 Hz crossover
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus,
WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis,
Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as
uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates.
Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz
- Music services supported: Deezer, iheartradio, Last.fm, Napster®,
Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Spotify®, Wolfgang’s
Vault®, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service
availability varies by region.
- Apple AirPlay music sources: Connect an Apple AirPlay®
music source, such as an Apple AirPort Express® to any SONOS Connect:Amp via
line-in. Enjoy songs from your iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch® in any or every
room of the home.
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows® XP SP2
or higher, Windows Vista™ or Windows 7; Mac OS X v10.4 or higher, including
v10.6; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes®, Rhapsody, WinAmp®, Windows
Media Player®, and MusicMatch™ (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity: SonosNet 2.0, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer
wireless mesh network
- Network bridging: 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows
Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Power Supply: AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, user-switchable
- Front-panel buttons: Volume and Mute
- Front-panel lights: Indicate Connect:Amp status and Mute
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Multi-language support: SONOS System Software supports
Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish,
- SONOS Connect:Amp
- power cord
- flat Ethernet cable
- SONOS System Setup software CD-ROM (Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista or Windows
7; Mac OS X v10.4 and higher, including v10.6)
- SONOS Multi-Room Music System Setup Guide
- Height: 3.5"
- Width: 7.3"
- Depth: 8.15"
- Unit: 5.1 lbs
- Shipping: 7 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
One Year Parts and Labor
- ** Both channels driven, 22Hz-20KHZ-AES17 measurement bandwidth
- *** Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations,
services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet
connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate
fee to a service provider
- All specifications are subject to change without notice.