Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Silver Digital Camera, Model SX110IS
Zoom in on Exceptional Value. From a 10x Optical Zoom lens to advanced Canon technology that automatically gives you the best shot, the 9.0-megapixel PowerShot SX110 IS packs impressive value. Advanced Face Detection Technology automatically sets focus, exposure, flash and white balance for beautiful portraits and group shots. Sharp, steady close-ups are easy with the powerful zoom and Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer Technology. The slim and modern-looking SX110 IS is sized to go everywhere, and you'll never miss a detail with the big, bright LCD screen.
- Exceptional value in a compact ultra-zoom 9.0 Megapixel digital camera.
The PowerShot SX110 IS is equipped with many of the same features as a higher-end camera: An ultra-powerful zoom, eye-popping resolution and advanced picture-improving technology. This compact camera sports a fast, steady 10x optical zoom that keeps up with your most ambitious shooting: No more standing on the sidelines wishing you could get in closer. 9.0 megapixels of resolution give your photography incomparable depth and ensure that any section of any shot can be enlarged and cropped with no loss in quality.
- Zoom in for sharp, steady close-ups with Canon's 10x Optical Zoom lens with Optical Image Stabilizer Technology.
The PowerShot SX110 IS has a 10x optical zoom lens that makes it easy to get the inspiring, emotive close-ups that will make your images lasting keepsakes. This magnificent lens gives you the power to shoot distant subjects with razor-sharp precision and stunning lifelike color. So you can brilliantly capture a bird high atop a tree, a child's winning goal from across the stadium or a school play from the last row. Plus, thanks to Canon's highly sophisticated Optical Image Stabilizer Technology, even at maximum zoom, every image is rock steady.
The PowerShot SX110 IS is equipped with Canon's acclaimed Optical Image Stabilizer Technology that automatically detects and corrects camera shake - one of the leading causes of fuzzy or blurred shots. Even when zoomed in, you can get the steady, crisp, brilliant images you'll be proud to shoot and share. And Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer Technology is convenient to use. It functions perfectly with or without a flash.
- DIGIC III Image Processor with Genuine Canon Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB sets the focus, exposure, flash and white balance automatically so you always capture the perfect face.
With DIGIC III Image Processor, your images boast superior quality, the camera operates at top efficiency and battery life is enhanced. What's more, DIGIC III enables Canon's Face Detection, Motion Detection Technologies and Red-eye Correction to give you better, more true-to-life people shots. Simply press the shutter button halfway down, and the camera automatically pinpoints the faces in the scene and chooses the ideal focus point. The camera controls exposure settings and flash to keep every face looking bright and natural. The camera also selects and sets the optimal exposure and ISO settings automatically to keep everything looking sharp and clear. Red-eye Correction can be handled in-camera, in two ways. The Red-eye Correction during shooting uses the Face Detection Technology to recognize and remove red-eye from images as they're taken, before the file is written to the memory card. It's also possible to correct red-eye during image playback, using simple settings in the SX110 IS's menu.
- Take your camera everywhere with this new slim design and large, bright 3.0-inch LCD.
You'll want to have your PowerShot SX110 IS with you wherever you go, and a slim new design makes it easy. Subtly rounded for an easy grip, the camera exudes modern elegance and simplicity. The back panel's neat, intuitive interface includes a luxuriously big 3.0-inch LCD screen. And the LCD screen's quality is as impressive as its size: You'll get an exceptionally clear, bright view of all your shots, and enjoy a conveniently wide viewing angle for showing off your pictures to friends and family.
- AA batteries for power anywhere.
Conveniently, you don't need to worry about running out or recharging of batteries. Since AA-size batteries can be purchased at any store, simply get new ones locally-no special power adapters or chargers are needed wherever you go.
- A wide range of shooting modes to capture anything.
Now you're free to concentrate on what really counts-your subject. With the large simple-to-operate Mode Dial, all you have to do is turn to the setting that best matches the scene you're viewing through the lens. The PowerShot SX110 IS does the rest. It chooses the perfect exposure, aperture and flash. Or if you want to flex your creative muscles, choose Manual Control and do it all yourself. You've got Special Scenes Modes to handle a wide range of common shooting situations-effortlessly. With 20 Shooting Modes including 8 Special Scene Modes, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way
- Print/Share Button for easy direct printing and downloading, plus ID Photo Print and Movie Print with select PIXMA Photo Printers and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers.
The PowerShot SX110 IS's Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the SX110 IS to a Canon PIXMA Photo Printer or SELPHY Compact Photo Printer or any PictBridge compatible photo printer, press the lighted Print/Share button and print! Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images to a computer (Windows® and Macintosh®).
Type of Camera
- Type of Camera: Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 10x Optical/4x Digital/40x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
Image Capture Device
- Type: 9.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3 inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels: Approx. 10.3 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 9.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 6.0-60mm f/2.8-4.3 (35mm film equivalent: 36-360mm)
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range: Normal: 1.6 ft./50cm-infinity (W), 3.3 ft./1m-infinity (T) Macro: 0.39 in.-1.6 ft./1-50cm (W)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
Viewfinder & Monitor
- Viewfinder: None
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-inch low-temperature polycrystalline silicon TFT color LCD with wide viewing angle
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 230,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage: 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - f/4.3 (T)
- Shutter Speed: 15-1/2500 sec. (settable in Tv and M)
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, High ISO Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400/800/1600 equivalent (Standard output sensitivity. Recommended exposure index)
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot** (* Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF; ** Metering frame is fixed to the center/linked to AF frame)
- Exposure Control Method: Program AE, Manual; AE Lock, Program Shift, Safety Shift, Auto ISO Shift
- Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control: Auto, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash), Custom
- Built-in Flash: Auto, Auto w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash On, Flash On w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash Off; FE lock, Safety FE, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range: 1.6-9.8 ft./50cm-3.0m (W), 3.3-6.6 ft./1.0-2.0m (T) (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto)
- Recycling Time: 12 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.0V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes: Auto, P, Av, Tv, M, Easy, Portrait, Landscape, Special Scene (Foliage, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Fireworks, Aquarium, Night Scene, ISO 3200), Indoor, Kids & Pets, Night Snapshot, Movie
- Photo Effects: Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Custom
- Self-Timer: Activates shutter after an approx. 2-sec./10-sec. delay, Custom
- Wireless Control: N/A
- Continuous Shooting: Normal: approx. 1.2 fps; AF: approx. 0.7 fps; LV: approx. 0.7 fps (Large/Fine)
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Card
- File Format: Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1
- Image Compression: Normal, Fine, SuperFine
- JPEG Compression Mode: Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG) / Movie: AVI (Image: Motion JPEG; Audio: WAVE (Monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels: Still Image: 3,456 x 2,592 (Large), 2,816 x 2,112 (Medium 1), 2,272 x 1,704 (Medium 2), 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 3), 640 x 480 (Small), 3,456 x 1,944 (Widescreen) Movie: 640 x 480 (30 fps/30 fps LP), 320 x 240 (30 fps) available up to 4GB or 60 minutes per clip, 160 x 120 (15fps) up to 3 minutes per clip
- Playback Modes File: Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Resume, My Category, Transition Effects, Histogram, Index (9 thumbnails), Over Exposure Warning, Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, Resize, Image Inspection Tool, Easy / Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Auto Rotate, Resume, Easy
- Erase Modes: Still Image: single image, all images / Movie: any movie file
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out: Monaural
- Other: Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Source: 1. AA-size Alkaline Battery (x2); 2. Rechargeable AA-size Ni-MH Battery (x2); 3. AC Adapter Kit ACK800 (optional)
- Shooting Capacity: Still Image: approx. 220 shots (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 450 shots (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)* (*LCD screen on. The above figures comply with CIPA testing standards and apply when fully-charged batteries are used.)
- Playback Time: Approx. 300 min. (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 480 min. (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
In The Box:
- PowerShot SX110 IS Body
- AA-size Alkaline Battery (x2)
- SD Memory Card SDC-32MB
- Wrist Strap WS-DC5
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- AV Cable AVC-DC400
- Width: 4.35"
- Height: 2.77"
- Depth: 1.76"
- Unit: 8.64 oz
- Shipping: 1 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer):
1 Year Parts & Labor
- 26 display languages provided (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi)
- All data are based on Canon's Standard Test Method. Subject to change without notice.