Canon PowerShot A1000 IS Gray Digital Camera, Model A1000ISG
The sleek design of the PowerShot A1000 IS is as refreshing as a breath of fresh air. Better still, its high-end features make everything simple: there's a bright 2.5-inch LCD with a 10.0-megapixel resolution and powerful 4x Optical Zoom lens with Optical Image Stabilizer for sharpness along the full zoom range. A DIGIC III Image Processor with Canon Face Detection automatically lets every face stand out. Easy Mode and Easy Playback make this camera a marvel of simplicity.
- 10.0 Megapixel resolution makes it a breeze to print large size images with clarity and detail.
With the PowerShot A1000 IS, dramatic, personal pictures have never been easier to shoot and share. This 10.0-megapixel camera lets you create impressive large photos of family and friends you'll be proud to display. The high-resolution images taken by the A1000 IS can be enlarged up to 13" x 19".
- New slim design with a 4x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer enable blur free shooting from camera shake.
The PowerShot A1000 IS has a 4x optical zoom lens that makes it easy to get the inspiring, emotive close-ups that will make your images lasting keepsakes. This magnificent lens gives you the power to shoot distant subjects with razor-sharp precision and stunning lifelike color, so you can brilliantly capture a bird high atop a tree, a child's winning goal from across the stadium or a school play from the last row. Plus, thanks to Canon's highly sophisticated Optical Image Stabilizer technology, even at maximum zoom, every image is rock steady. The A1000 IS is equipped with Canon's acclaimed Optical Image Stabilizer Technology that automatically detects and corrects camera shake-one of the leading causes of fuzzy or blurred shots. Even when zoomed in, you can get the steady, crisp, brilliant images you'll be proud to shoot and share. And Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer Technology is so convenient to use, it functions perfectly with or without a flash.
- High quality 2.5-inch LCD and optical viewfinder for convenient shooting.
The PowerShot A1000 IS's 2.5-inch LCD screen gives you the big picture, whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images. This high-resolution screen offers a crisp, clear and bright picture. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light.
- DIGIC III Image Processor with Genuine Canon Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB sets the focus, exposure, flash and white balance automatically so you always capture the perfect face.
With DIGIC III Image Processor, your images boast superior quality, the camera operates at top efficiency and battery life is enhanced. What's more, DIGIC III enables Canon's Face Detection, Motion Detection Technologies and Red-eye Correction to give you better, more true-to-life people shots. Simply press the shutter button halfway down, and the camera automatically pinpoints the faces in the scene and chooses the ideal focus point. The camera controls exposure settings and flash to keep every face looking bright and natural. The camera also selects and sets the optimal exposure and ISO settings automatically to keep everything looking sharp and clear. Red-eye Correction can be handled in-camera, in two ways. The Red-eye Correction during shooting uses the Face Detection Technology to recognize and remove red-eye from images as they're taken, before the file is written to the memory card. It's also possible to correct red-eye during image playback, using simple settings in the PowerShot A1000 IS's menu.
- Easy Mode and Easy Playback mode for peace of mind shooting and simplified operation.
When you're taking pictures, the only thing you want to think about is your subject. That's why the PowerShot A1000 IS is equipped with Canon's Easy Mode that works in the background to handle all the technical details for you. Now you can relax and concentrate on choosing just the right angle, capturing the perfect expression, framing your shot perfectly. To make showing off your images just as carefree, the A1000 IS features the new Easy Playback mode that makes viewing single images and slideshows on the camera effortless-even if you're new to digital photography! With 17 Shooting Modes including 8 Special Scene Modes, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way
- Print/Share Button for easy direct printing and downloading, plus ID Photo Print and Movie Print with select PIXMA Photo Printers and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers.
The PowerShot A1000 IS's Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the A1000 IS to a Canon PIXMA Photo Printer or SELPHY Compact Photo Printer or any PictBridge compatible photo printer, press the lighted Print/Share button and print! Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images to a computer (Windows® and Macintosh®).
Type of Camera
- Type of Camera: Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 4x Optical/4x Digital/16x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
Image Capture Device
- Type: 10.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels: Approx. 10.0 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 10.3 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 6.2-24.8mm f/2.7-5.6 (35mm film equivalent: 35-140mm)
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range: Normal: 1.6 ft./50cm-infinity; Macro: 1.2 in.-1.6 ft./3-50cm (W), 1.0-1.6 ft/30-50cm (T)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus, Manual focus (shooting standby only in movie mode)
Viewfinder & Monitor
- Viewfinder: Real-image zoom viewfinder
- LCD Monitor: 2.5-inch TFT color LCD
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 115,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage: 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.7 (W) - f/5.6 (T)
- Shutter Speed: 15-1/1600 sec.; Long Shutter operates with noise reduction when manually set at 1.3-15 sec.
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, High ISO Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400/800/1600 equivalent (Standard output sensitivity. Recommended exposure index)
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot** (* Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF; ** Metering frame is fixed to the center)
- Exposure Control Method: Program AE; AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control: Auto, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H), Custom
- Built-in Flash: Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Auto Red-eye Correction, Flash On, Flash Off; FE lock, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range: 1.0-13 ft./30cm-4.0m (W), 1.0-6.6 ft./30cm-2.0m (T) (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto)
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.0V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes: Auto, Easy, P, Portrait, Landscape, Special Scene (Night Scene, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Fireworks, Aquarium, ISO 3200), Indoor, Kids & Pets, Night Snapshot, Movie
- Photo Effects: Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Custom
- Self-Timer: Activates shutter after an approx. 2-sec./10-sec. delay, Custom
- Wireless Control: N/A
- Continuous Shooting: Approx. 1.3 fps (Large/Fine)
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Card
- File Format: Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1
- Image Compression: Normal, Fine, SuperFine
- JPEG Compression Mode: Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG) / Movie: AVI (Image: Motion JPEG; Audio: WAVE (Monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels: Still Image: Still Image: 3,648 x 2,736 (Large), 2,816 x 2,112 (Medium 1), 2,272 x 1,704 (Medium 2), 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 3/Date Stamp), 640 x 480 (Small), 3,648 x 2,048 (Widescreen) / Movie: 640 x 480 (30 fps/30 fps LP), 320 x 240 (30 fps) available up to 4GB or 60 minutes per clip, 160 x 120 (15 fps) up to 3 minutes per clip
- Playback Modes File: Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Resume, My Category, Transition Effects, Histogram, Index (9 thumbnails), Over Exposure Warning, Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, Resize, Image Inspection Tool, Easy / Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Auto Rotate, Resume, Easy
- Erase Modes: Still Image: single image, all images / Movie: any movie file
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out: Monaural
- Other: Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Source: 1. AA-size Alkaline Battery (x2); 2. Rechargeable AA-size Ni-MH Battery (x2); 3. AC Adapter Kit ACK800 (optional)
- Shooting Capacity: Still Image: approx. 220 shots (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 450 shots (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)* (* LCD screen on. The above figures comply with CIPA testing standards and apply when fully-charged batteries are used.)
- Playback Time: Approx. 480 min. (AA-size Alkaline Battery), approx. 600 min. (AA-size Ni-MH Battery)
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
In The Box:
- PowerShot A1000 IS Body
- AA-size Alkaline Battery (x2)
- SD Memory Card SDC-32MB
- Wrist Strap WS-800
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- AV Cable AVC-DC400
- Width: 3.76"
- Height: 2.46"
- Depth: 1.22"
- Unit: 5.47 oz
- Shipping: 1 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer):
1 Year Parts & Labor
- 26 display languages provided (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi)
- All data are based on Canon's Standard Test Method. Subject to change without notice.