KEF Wireless System, Model KEFWIRELESS
KEF is delighted to announce the introduction of an outstanding wireless system delivering a high-quality solution to speaker cable wiring problems.
KEF Wireless System is an ideal add-on for any existing rear surround sound speaker set-up (regardless of the brand) and can also be used for stereo speakers in a hi-fi system where hiding cables is an inconvenience, especially when the amplifier is some distance from the speakers.
Wireless system is compatible with the full range of KEF speakers but also can be used with most other brands
Users can locate the speakers virtually anywhere they want to in the room whilst still receiving remarkable CD quality sound with exceptional clarity and remarkable lack of extraneous interference.
Simply connect a receiver to each speaker and partner the transmitter with your amplifier to make wires across your floor a thing of the past. You then also have the option of relocating your speakers when necessary, such as hiding them safely away during parties, because you don't have to maintain a "line of sight" between transmitter and speakers.
- CD quality audio transmission achieved with a revolutionary 2.4GHz radio frequency HFADPCM (Hi-Fidelity Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation) wireless link that ensures real time audio delivery with no mutes, audio dropouts or loss of bonding.
- Wireless receivers can be used with any speaker of the user's choice.
- AAFHSS (Advanced Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) with advanced forward error correction is utilised to ensure that the audio signal remains interference-free from devices such as wireless LAN routers, digital cordless telephones, mobile phones and microwave ovens.
- Unique Pre-emptive frequency hopping and adaptive channel diversity features enable the tramsmission system to change channels automatically to a pre negotiated frequency so that the system hops to the best available channel before errors start to occur.
- Simple and convenient connection and setup
- In order to achieve real full-bodied audiophile sound reproduction KEF has developed a leading edge 2.4GHz wireless transmission technology that uses the most advanced error protection and sophisticated 'intelligent' adaptive frequency hopping, ensuring an interference free signal. This makes certain that the tranmission is not affected by such things as microwave ovens, mobile or digital cordelss telephones, and wireless LAN routers, while still providing the superior sound quality demanded by true audiophiles.
KEF have developed innovative new technlogies to deliver high-quality wireless audio, while at the same time avoiding signal interference
- A narrow signal band is used that is sufficient enough for high-quality audio transmission yet perfect for finding a path through the congested environment of a home filled with potentially conflicting devices. This narrow band is a feature of HFADPCM (High Fidelity Adaptive Differential Pulse Code Modulation), and along with advanced error correction technology ensures an exceptionally robust delivery of CD-quality audio between the transmitter and receivers.
- The system detects other tranmitters in the 2.4Ghz frequency - such as cordless phones, wi-fi routers and mircowave ovens - then 'hops' out of the way of potentially conflicting signals. With this technology know as AAFHSS (Advanced Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum), a processor constantly monitors serveral channels at a time and continually switches to the strongest available to ensure a constantly pure signal. It's all done in milliseconds so you don't notice it's happening: so nothing gets in the way of your enjoyment.
|Frequency band ||2.4 - 2.4835 Ghz (ISM band) |
|Data rate ||Up to 1.1 Mbps |
|Transmission protocol ||AAFHSS |
|Range ||25m (27.3 yards) Typical Maximum |
|Amplifier ||2 x 50W digital amplifiers |
|Sensitivity ||80 dB typical |
|Frequency range ||20 Hz - 20 kHz |
|Peak audio output ||50W rms |
|Minimum Impedence ||4O |
|Available finishes ||High Gloss Black |
- Transmitter Module (H x W x D): 5.8" x 3.1" x 3.1"
- Receiver Module (H x W x D): 5.8" x 3.1" x 3.1"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year