Sony 4GB Black Walkman Video MP3 Player, Model NWZS736FBNC
Access your entertainment while on-the-go with the super-slim NWZ-S736FBNC 4GB Walkman® video MP3 player. It features integrated noise cancellation and five clear audio technologies. Make the most of noise canceling technology with the supplied accessory that easily connects to other devices or in-flight entertainment systems with an audio input. Long battery life lets you listen to music, podcasts and FM programming up to 40 hours or watch up to 10 hours of videos on a single charge. Additionally, this Walkman comes with an innovative feature called SensMe, which uses beats-per-minute and an algorithm to analyze portions of your music and automatically create music channels. Enhance your listening experience with the included EX headphones which are equipped with built-in noise canceling.
- Exceptional sound quality
With five clear audio technologies: The NWZ-S736FBNC houses five integrated clear audio technologies, allowing you to enjoy all of your music and videos with exceptional crisp sound.
- Integrated noise canceling system
The NWZ-S736FBNC features integrated noise canceling technology that cancels up to 75 percent of ambient noise. An in-box adaptor can also turn your Walkman® player and EX headphones combination into noise canceling headphones for other devices. For example, simply connect the included adapter to your Walkman® player and the AV system in an airplane via an audio jack, and you're ready to enjoy the benefit of noise canceling technology while watching an in-flight movie.
- Long battery life
A long-lasting battery lets you listen to music for up to 40 hours or watch video for up to 10 hours before you need to recharge.
- 4GB Built-in Memory
4GB Built-in Memory stores up to 915 songs or 14 1/2 H of video
- High-quality EX Headphones included
EX Headphones are specially designed produce a dynamic and wide range of acoustical sound. Additionally, EX Headphones are engineered with an angular design that fits comfortably in the ear. Even more, the EX Headphones have a built-in noise cancelling function that reduce ambient noises and enhance your overall listening experience.
SensMe is an innovative feature on the NWZ-S736FBNC that actually looks at the beats-per-minute and an algorithm that classifies and automatically groups your music into channels, making listening and managing all of your content even simpler.
- Supports multiple video codecs
The NWZ-S736FBNC supports multiple high-quality video formats (AVC (H.264/AVC), MPEG-4, and WMV, giving you more freedom to download the kinds of video that you want.
- Antenna System: FM: Headphone Cord Antenna
- Equalizer: 5 Band: Heavy/Pop/Jazz/Unique/Custom
- Format(s) Supported: "MP33 WMA3 AAC-LC (unsecured only) Linear PCM3
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000Hz (when playing back data file, single signal measurement)
- Multiple Language Display: Yes (English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/Russian/ Japanese/Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese/Korean/Portuguese)
- Noise Reduction: Normal Mode/Quiet Mode/External Input Mode
- Backlit Color: 2" GVCA TFT (240 x 320)
Inputs and Outputs
- Headphone Output(s): 1 (stereo mini jack)
- Operating Temperature: 41 'F to 95 'F (5 'C to 35 'C)
- Battery Charging (Approx.): USB based charging; 3 hours (full charge), 1.5 hours (approx. 80%)
- Power Type: Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Battery USB power (from a computer via the supplied USB cable)
- Format: MPEG 4, M4V
- Playback: Mode: Normal/Repeat/Shuffle/Shuffle&Repeat/Repeat 1 Song
- Headphones with earbuds (s/m/l)
- Quick Start Guide
- USB to WM-Port cable
- Limited Waranty
- CD-ROM (Microsoft Windows Media® Player 11, "Napster," "Content Transfer," "Operation Guide")
- Plug adaptor for in-flight use (single/dual)
- Height: 3.63"
- Width: 1.75"
- Depth: 0.31"
- Unit: 1.6 oz
- Shipping: 1 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- Labor: For a period of 90 days from the date of purchase, if this Product is determined to be defective, Sony will repair or replace the Product, at its option, at no charge, or pay the labor charges to any Sony authorized service facility. After the Warranty Period, you must pay for all labor charges
- Parts: In addition, Sony will supply, at no charge, new or rebuilt replacements in exchange for defective parts for a period of one (1) year. After the warranty period, you must pay for all parts costs
- User available memory = 3,840,638,976 bytes, because a portion of the memory is used for data management functions.
- Reduces ambient noise by up to 75%. At 200Hz
- WMV playback limited to QVGA resolution (320x240) at a bitrate no higher than 1,700 kpbs. MPEG-4 playback limited to Simple Profile, QVGA resolution (320x240), at a bitrate no higher than 2,500 kpbs. AVC playback limited to Baseline Profile, QVGA resolution (320x240), at a bitrate no higher than 768 kpbs. linear PCM limited to Bitrateof 1411kbps and a sampling frequency 44.1kHz
- When playing back MP3 files at 128kbps. The times are approximate when all of the Equalizers and the VPT are set to "None", all of the DSEE, the Clear Stereo, Dynamic Normalizer and the New Song Pop Up are set to "Off", and the Type of Screensaver is set to "Blank". Actual battery life may vary based usage patterns, environment and battery condition.
- When playing back MPEG 4 at 384kbps. The times are approximate when the Brightness of the Common Setting is set to "3". Actual battery life may vary based on usage patterns, environment and battery condition.
- Calculated based on 4 minutes per song @ 128 kbps in MP3 format, not including videos or photos. Other playable audio file format song numbers and times may differ from MP3 format. For video transfer the approximate recordable times are estimated where only video is transferred to the device. Times may vary depending on the conditions under which the player is used.