Canon PIXMA Black Photo Printer, Model IP4600
Premium Photo Printer with Individual Ink Tanks and Built-In Auto Duplex.
Photo lab-quality 4" x 6" borderless prints in 20 seconds? Yes, you can do that, and much more. The new 5-color ink system - four dye-based inks and a pigment-based black ink - produces vivid colors and bold, black text. And Canon's patented print head technology creates beautiful, long-lasting photos with resolution up to 9600 x 2400 color dpi.
You can also print photos directly from a compatible digital camera or camera phone - no computer required! The two paper trays let you store both photo and plain paper, allowing you to automatically print 2-sided and save on costs. Quick Start lets you power up in seconds, and the Auto Photo Fix feature corrects red-eye and enhances your images.
Speed & Quality
- Long-Lasting Beautiful Photos
ChromaLife100 system delivers vibrant photos that last up to 300 years.
- Five High-Performance Ink Tanks
The 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. You replace only the color that runs out, rather than a multi-color tank containing unused ink.
- Spectacular Resolution
This stylish home printer delivers a resolution of up to 9600 x 2400 color dpi, with droplets as small as 1 picoliter for spectacular photo detail and document clarity. And you won't have to wait long for your exceptional photos. A beautiful borderless 4" x 6" photo takes approx. 20 seconds
Ease of Use
- Auto Duplex Print
The two paper trays let you store photo paper in one, plain paper in the other, so you're always ready to print either photos or documents. Plus, you can automatically print 2-sided to save paper.
- Automatic Image Optimization
Just one of the features on the included Easy-PhotoPrint EX software is Auto Photo Fix, which optimizes your images for such factors as skin tone, white balance and brightness, and makes red-eye corrections.
- Just Snap and Print
Print right from your infrared-enabled mobile camera phone!
With direct photo printing, just connect to any PictBridge compatible digital camera or DV camcorder, and print! It's easy and there's no computer required.
Canon Generation Green
- Generation Green is Canon's new environmental initiative. This program encompasses eligible Scanners, PIXMA Inkjet Printers and imageCLASS laser printers. Generation Green is designed to provide business partners, customers and consumers a way to learn about the environmentally-friendly approach that Canon is taking to design many of its current and future products and solutions; for example, possible cost savings through energy efficiency.
Energy Star Qualified
- To help you save energy and money, while making a difference for the environment, Canon has partnered voluntarily with the EPA for over ten years to design products that meet the high standards of its ENERGY STAR ® Program. This program promotes the development and introduction of energy-efficient products to combat global warming and other environmental issues.
- PIXMA iP4600 Photo Printer
- Document Kit:
- Cross Sell Sheet
- Getting Started
- Important Information Sheet
- Safety Environment Information
- Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM
- Warranty Card
- Ink Tanks:
- PGI-220 Pigment Black
- CLI-221 (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black)
- Power Cord
- Print Head
- Sample Media (4" x 6" / 5 Sheets)
- Printer Type: Photo Printer
- Features: Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, 2-way paper feeding, 5 Individual Ink Tanks, Auto Sheet Feeder, Paper Output tray sensor, PictBridge
- Print Speed (up to)
- Black: 26 ppm (as fast as 2.3 seconds per page)
- Color: 21 ppm (as fast as 2.9 seconds per page)
- Postcard Size: 4" x 6" borderless photo: approx. 20 seconds
- Number of Nozzles
- Black: 320
- Total: 4,416
- Print Resolution (Up to)
- Black: 600 x 600 dpi
- Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi
- OS Compatibility: Windows Vista, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS® X v.10.3.9 to 10.5.x
- Standard Interface: PictBridge (Cable not included), USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)
- Ink Droplet Size: Picoliter Size: 1, 2 and 5
- Paper Sizes: 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Output Tray Capacity: Auto Sheet Feeder: (Plain Paper) 150 Pages, Cassette: 150 Pages
- Noise Level (Approx.): 45.5 dB(A) in the best quality mode
- Power Consumption: Approx. 14W (1.3 W Standby)
- Software Included: Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM, Printer Driver,Easy-PhotoPrint EX
- Depth: 17.0"
- Width: 11.7"
- Height: 6.0"
- Unit: 12.4 lbs
- Shipping: 15 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer): Toll-free technical phone support plus 1-year limited warranty with InstantExchange program.
- PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode using black and white and color text patterns. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending upon system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice. All printer output images are simulated.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.canontechsupport.com for details.