Toshiba 42" Regza Cinema Series Black Flat Panel LCD HDTV, Model 42XV545U
- (subject to change without notice)
Only our best get to be called Cinema Series®, and the 42XV545U certainly makes the grade. This premium LCD TV features our longest list of picture quality technology enhancements yet, including SRT, AutoView, ClearFrame, ColorBurst, PixelPure® 4G, DynaLight, and more. If you are looking for the sharpest, easiest, clearest, fullest, most natural, and deepest picture we have ever created, you owe it to yourself to view the 42XV545U and see what is possible.
- 1080p Full HD CineSpeed Display
- SRT1 Super Resolution Technology Upconverts and Enhances 480i/p and 720p Input Signals
- AutoView Automatically Adjusts Picture Settings Based on Ambient Room Light
- ClearFrame 120Hz Frame Rate with 5:5 Pull-Down Option
- ColorBurst Wide Color Gamut CCFL for Rich Colors
- PixelPure® 4G 14-Bit Internal Digital Video Processing and 10-Bit Panel for our Most Natural Picture
- DynaLight Dynamic Backlight Control for Deep Black Levels
- ATSC / QAM Digital Tuner for Over-the-Air and Cable-in-the-Clear Digital Tuning
- 4 HDMI Digital Inputs (1 Side)
- New Double Skin Thin-Line Bezel with a High-Gloss Black Cabinet
- 1080p FULL HD
With Full HD, theres no need to scale down a 1080 signal. With twice the pixel resolution of 720p HD models, Full HD creates the pinnacle in picture quality.
- SRT Super Resolution Technology
SRT Super Resolution Technology upconverts and enhances 480i/p and 720p input signals for a more detailed picture. Now all your DVDs and TV channels will be displayed in near High Definition picture quality.
- ClearFrame 120Hz Anti-Blur Technology
This advanced system virtually eliminates motion blur without decreasing image brightness, or adding flicker. Images are now crisp and clear regardless of image motion. ClearFrame doubles the displayed frame rate to 120 frames per second or 120 Hz. ClearFrame utilizes superior Motion Vector Frame Interpolation (MVFI) technology. Utilizing the power of the PixelPure processor, MVFI creates new frames, inserting them between the original frames.
- 10-Bit LCD Panel
- Colorburst Wide Color Gamut CCFL
ColorBurst expands the number of available colors and improves the color accuracy. This significantly improves both color purity and color saturation. The combination of ColorBurst and superior video processing creates colors that are more vibrant, more natural, and more enjoyable.
- PixelPure® 4G 14-Bit Internal Digital Video Processing
PixelPure® 4G takes advantage of both the 14-bit internal digital video processor and the 10-bit display panel to reach 16,384 levels of gradation, producing a smooth and natural picture.
AutoView uses an external light sensor to automatically adjust various picture quality settings based on the amount of ambient room lighting and the type of video content you are watching for an improved viewing experience.
- DynaLight Dynamic Back-Light Control
- Cinespeed LCD Panel
Cinespeed LCD panel has 8ms or less response speed necessary for cleaner high-action home theater images. A wide viewing angle ensures that youll have the best seat in the house.
- Cinema Mode 24 fps (3:2 Pulldown)
- TheaterWide® Modes
Sets with TheaterWide® modes are ideal for displaying HDTV signals as well as "enhanced for widescreen television" DVDs. TheaterWide 1:Letterboxed image is digitally expanded 33% horizontally and vertically. Useful for reproducing Academy Standard (1.85:1) formatted software. TheaterWide 2:Letterboxed image is expanded 33% horizontally and 42% vertically. Particularly of use when viewing narrow letterboxed images originally filmed in Panavision or CinemaScope. TheaterWide 3:Letterboxed image is expanded 33% horizontally and 24% vertically. Can be utilized when displaying letterboxed images that incorporate narrow bands at the top and bottom of the picture.
- ColorMaster Color Control
- Color Temperature Control
Most Toshiba televisions provide three user-selectable Color Temperature settings affect the sets overall white balance. The "Warm" setting reduces the color temperature to an NTSC standard 6500 degrees Kelvin and delivers a redder image that is ideal for display in a dimly lit room. "Medium" and "Cool" provide a progressively bluer image for the best picture as room light levels are increased.
- Benefit: The viewer can adjust white balance to achieve the best television picture possible in any viewing environment, or they can simply adjust the picture to suit their personal tastes.
- Native Mode
Native Mode restores the size of the picture by the 3-5% that is generally lost during the normal over-scanning that occurs on traditional sets. It also avoids unnecessary scaling of 1920 x 1080 HD signals when displayed on REGZA 1080p Full HD LCD televisions.
- Built-In ATSC/NTSC/QAM Digital Tuning
Built-In ATSC/NTSC/QAM digital tuning allows for tuning of standard cable channels as well as off-air digital broadcasts, in addition to digital "cable-in-the-clear" broadcasts.
- x.v. Color
- Deep Color
- SoundStrip® Speaker System
This new speaker technology utilizes a thin-line speaker design with enhanced dynamic range. This eliminates the big round speakers, without losing any of the big home theater sound.
This feature maintains television volume within a preset range regardless of the source signal.
- Benefit: Eliminates the annoyance of normal program volume being followed immediately by extremely loud commercial messages or drastic volume fluctuations while changing channels.
- SVB Sound Enhancement
- Mute/Half Mute
- Sleep Timer
The Sleep Timer allows you to fall asleep watching TV and have the TV turn itself off.
- Benefit: Allows the viewer to set the television to shut off after a preset amount of time.
- REGZA LINK (HDMI CEC)**
- Gaming Mode
- Input Labeling
- Picture Freeze
- Auto Aspect Control
- Logo Light On/Off
- Channel Browser
With Channel Browser, you can easily scan through the last 32 channels you have viewed, with screen images for the last five channels displayed, by channel, by favorites, and by input, at the touch of a button.
- Channel Labeling
Channel Labeling allows you to put the Call Letters on the screen along with the station numbers, so you always know what channel you're watching.
- 4-Item Universal Remote*
- Double Skin Thin-Line Bezel with a High-Gloss Black Cabinet
- HDMI v1.3 Digital Inputs: 4 (1 Side)
- ColorStream® HD Component Video Inputs (2)
- Front A/V / Rear A/V / Rear S-Video: 1/1/1
- High Res PC Input (S-XGA, 15 pin, D-sub)
- IR Pass Through
- Analog Audio Out (Fixed)
- Dolby® Digital Optical Output
- With Stand
- Width: 39.8"
- Height: 27.3"
- Depth: 12.1"
- Without Stand
- Width: 39.8"
- Height: 25.5"
- Depth: 3.7"
- Unit: 54 lbs
- Shipping: 63.9 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer):
1 Year Parts & Labor
**Use of REGZA LINK, which is a feature based on HDMI-CEC, requires an HDMI-CEC compatible display device. Depending on the display device specifications, some or all REGZA LINK functions may not work even if the display device is HDMI-CEC compatible.
*In some cases, the remote control may not operate additional devices, in which case, it is suggested that you use the original remote control for the applicable device.
Effect of SRT enhancements may vary depending upon the input signal and content quality.
Design specifications and dimensions are not final and may be subject to change. Please confirm specific features and exact dimensions by reference to the product itself.