Toshiba 42" Regza TheaterWide Black Flat Panel LCD HDTV, Model 42RV535U
- (subject to change without notice)
The 42RV535U combines 1080p Full HD resolution with new SRT Super Resolution Technology to ensure that everything you watch feels like HD. This model also features the PixelPure® 4G 14-bit internal digital video processor for superior power, and the new AutoView feature that simplifies operation by controlling picture settings for you. All of this technology is housed in our new Double Skin cabinetry that will complement virtually any room in your home. When settling for less than excellent quality is not an option, the 42RV535U delivers.
- 1080p Full HD CineSpeed Display
- SRT1 Super Resolution Technology Upconverts and Enhances 480i/p and 720p Input Signals
- AutoView Automatically Adjusts Picture Settings Based on Ambient Room Light
- PixelPure® 4G 14-Bit Internal Digital Video Processing and 10-Bit Panel for a More Natural Picture
- DynaLight Dynamic Backlight Control for Deep Black Levels
- ATSC / QAM Digital Tuner for Over-the-Air and Cable-in-the-Clear Digital Tuning
- 4 HDMI Digital Inputs (1 Side)
- New Double Skin Thin-Line Bezel with a High-Gloss Black Cabinet
- 1080p FULL HD Display
With Full HD, theres no need to scale down a 1080 signal. With twice the pixel resolution of 720p HD models, Full HD creates the pinnacle in picture quality.
- SRT Super Resolution Technology
SRT Super Resolution Technology upconverts and enhances 480i/p and 720p input signals for a more detailed picture. Now all your DVDs and TV channels will be displayed in near High Definition picture quality.
- PixelPure® 4G 14-Bit Internal Digital Video Processing
PixelPure® 4G takes advantage of the 14-bit internal digital video processor to reach 4,096 levels of gradation, producing a smooth and natural picture.
AutoView uses an external light sensor to automatically adjust various picture quality settings based on the amount of ambient room lighting and the type of video content you are watching for an improved viewing experience.
- DynaLight Dynamic Back-Light Control
DynaLight Backlight Control utilizes advanced image processing to monitor the brightness of each video frame, and adjust the backlight intensity accordingly. This precision creates seamless transitions with deep blacks for increased detail and depth analysis.
- Cinespeed LCD Panel
Cinespeed LCD panel has 8ms or less response speed necessary for cleaner high-action home theater images. A wide viewing angle ensures that youll have the best seat in the house.
- Cinema Mode 24 fps (3:2 Pulldown)
- TheaterWide® Modes
Sets with TheaterWide® modes are ideal for displaying HDTV signals as well as "enhanced for widescreen television" DVDs.
TheaterWide 1:Letterboxed image is digitally expanded 33% horizontally and vertically. Useful for reproducing Academy Standard (1.85:1) formatted software.
TheaterWide 2:Letterboxed image is expanded 33% horizontally and 42% vertically. Particularly of use when viewing narrow letterboxed images originally filmed in Panavision or CinemaScope.
TheaterWide 3:Letterboxed image is expanded 33% horizontally and 24% vertically. Can be utilized when displaying letterboxed images that incorporate narrow bands at the top and bottom of the picture.
- ColorMaster Color Control
- Color Temperature Control
Most Toshiba televisions provide three user-selectable Color Temperature settings affect the sets overall white balance. The "Warm" setting reduces the color temperature to an NTSC standard 6500 degrees Kelvin and delivers a redder image that is ideal for display in a dimly lit room. "Medium" and "Cool" provide a progressively bluer image for the best picture as room light levels are increased.
- Benefit: The viewer can adjust white balance to achieve the best television picture possible in any viewing environment, or they can simply adjust the picture to suit their personal tastes.
- Native Mode
Native Mode restores the size of the picture by the 3-5% that is generally lost during the normal over-scanning that occurs on traditional sets. It also avoids unnecessary scaling of 1920 x 1080 HD signals when displayed on REGZA 1080p Full HD LCD televisions.
- Built-In ATSC/NTSC/QAM Digital Tuning
Built-In ATSC/NTSC/QAM digital tuning allows for tuning of standard cable channels as well as off-air digital broadcasts, in addition to digital "cable-in-the-clear" broadcasts.
- SoundStrip® Speaker System
This new speaker technology utilizes a thin-line speaker design with enhanced dynamic range. This eliminates the big round speakers, without losing any of the big home theater sound.
This feature maintains television volume within a preset range regardless of the source signal.
- Benefit: Eliminates the annoyance of normal program volume being followed immediately by extremely loud commercial messages or drastic volume fluctuations while changing channels.
- SVB Sound Enhancement
- Mute/Half Mute
- Sleep Timer
The Sleep Timer allows you to fall asleep watching TV and have the TV turn itself off.
- Benefit: Allows the viewer to set the television to shut off after a preset amount of time.
- REGZA LINK (HDMI CEC)**
- Gaming Mode
Gaming Mode enhances the gaming experience by reducing the amount of time it takes for the signal to travel from the game controller to the TV.
- Input Labeling
- Picture Freeze
- Auto Aspect Control
- Logo Light On/Off
- Channel Browser
With Channel Browser, you can easily scan through the last 32 channels you have viewed, with screen images for the last five channels displayed, by channel, by favorites, and by input, at the touch of a button.
- Channel Labeling
Channel Labeling allows you to put the Call Letters on the screen along with the station numbers, so you always know what channel you're watching.
- 4-Item Universal Remote*
- Double Skin Thin-Line Bezel with a High-Gloss Black Cabinet
- HDMI v1.3 Digital Inputs: 4 (1 Side)
- ColorStream® HD Component Video Inputs (2)
- Front A/V / Rear A/V / Rear S-Video: 1/1/1
- High Res PC Input (S-XGA, 15 pin, D-sub)
- IR Pass Through
- Analog Audio Out (Fixed)
- Dolby® Digital Optical Output
- With Stand
- Width: 39.8"
- Height: 27.3"
- Depth: 12.1"
- Without Stand
- Width: 39.8"
- Height: 25.5"
- Depth: 3.7"
- Unit (With Stand): 55.1 lbs
- Shipping: 65 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer):
1 Year Parts & Labor
**Use of REGZA LINK, which is a feature based on HDMI-CEC, requires an HDMI-CEC compatible display device. Depending on the display device specifications, some or all REGZA LINK functions may not work even if the display device is HDMI-CEC compatible.
*In some cases, the remote control may not operate additional devices, in which case, it is suggested that you use the original remote control for the applicable device.
Effect of SRT enhancements may vary depending upon the input signal and content quality.
Design specifications and dimensions are not final and may be subject to change. Please confirm specific features and exact dimensions by reference to the product itself.