Linksys Wireless-G Exterior Access Point, Model WAP54GPE
The Linksys Wireless-G Exterior Access Point lets you connect Wireless-G (802.11g) or Wireless-B (802.11b) devices to your wired network so you can add PCs to the network with no cabling hassle. This weather-resistant Access Point creates a "wireless bubble" in exterior spaces, like patios, pool areas, and outdoor cafés. Power over Ethernet support makes it easy to install, and you can create multiple SSIDs that connect to individual VLANs to keep your traffic separated. It's also perfect for use as a bridge, a kind of "cable-less cable" to connect remote areas together. Maybe your warehouse is in a separate building from your offices. Or maybe you need to connect the separate buildings of a college campus. With one Wireless-G Exterior Access Point on each building, you're connected at 54Mbps – with no cable to run. The exterior-rated case protects the access point, and contains an internal antenna.
To protect your data and privacy, the Wireless-G Exterior Access Point supports both Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and the industrial-strength wireless security of Wi-Fi Protected Access™ (WPA), encoding all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption. The MAC Address filter lets you decide exactly who has access to your wireless network, and advanced logging and emailed intrusion alerts keep you appraised. Configuration is a snap with the web browser-based configuration utility. The Linksys Wireless-G Exterior Access Point is the best way to add wireless access to the outdoor areas of your home or business.
- Add high-speed Wireless-G access to the exterior areas of your wired home or small business network
- Data rates up to 54Mbps in Wireless-G (802.11g) mode, or 11Mbps in Wireless-B (802.11b)
- Weather-resistant housing, internal high-gain antenna, and Power-over-Ethernet enable safe, simple, exterior installations
- Advanced security with WPA encryption, logging, and wireless intrusion protection
- Standards: 802.11g, 802.11b, 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3af (PoE), 802.1p (QoS priority),
802.1q (VLAN), 802.1x (Security Authentication), 802.11i (Security WPA2),
- Ports: 1 Ethernet, 1 External Antenna (sold separately))
- Buttons: Reset
- Cabling Type: UTP CAT 5
- LEDs: Power, Ethernet, Wireless
- System Flash: 8 MB
- System RAM: 32 MB
- Web UI
- Static IP
- DHCP client
- SNMP: Version 1, 2 and 2c
- Event Logging
- Web FW Upgrade
- Diags: Flash, etc.: Flash, RAM, LAN, WLAN
- Spec/Modulation: 802.11b/DSSS, 11g/ODFM
- Data Rates: 11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps, 11g: 6, 9, 11, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
- Channels: 11 North America, 13 Europe (ETSI and Japan); Auto Channel Selection
- # of Int. Ant.: 1 (directional)
- Ant. Connector type: Reverse Polarity Female N-type
- RF Pwr (EIRP) in dBm: 11.g: Typical - 14dBm, 11.b: Typical - 18dBm
- Antenna Gain in dBi: Internal antenna: 9dBi
- Adjustable power
- Receiver Sensitivity: 11.g: 54Mbps@ -69dBm, 11.b: 11Mbps@ -82dBM
- 802.1x Radius auth.
- Radius parameters: MD5, SHA, TLS, TTLS, PEAP
- Dynamic Keys
- HTTPS to Web U.I.
- Access Ctrl List Type: MAC address
- MAC Filter
- VPN Passthru types: IPSec, L2TP, PPTP
- WEP bits: 64, 128
- WPA bits & params: 128 - TKIP/AES
- WPA2 bits & params: 256 - AES
- SSID disable
- Multiple SSID
- SSID-VLAN map
- Client Isolation
- Wireless-G Exterior Access Point)
- User Guide on CD-ROM
- Mounting Plate with Hardware
- 12’ Weather-resistant Network Cable
- Registration Card
- 802.11b or 802.11g Wireless Adapter with TCP/IP Protocol Installed per PC or Network Adapter with Ethernet Network Cable and TCP/IP protocol installed per PC
- PoE injector or Switch/Router with PoE support
- Web-based configuration: Java-enabled web browser
- Height: 8.07"
- Width: 6.42"
- Depth: 2.17"
- Unit: 2.51 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs