Apple MacBook Air 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Silver Notebook Computer - MB940LLA
A noticeable graphics boost.
With a new integrated graphics processor, MacBook Air changes the game and just about everything you do with it. The NVIDIA GeForce 9400M provides up to an amazing 4x performance boost over the original MacBook Air.1 Photos appear in iPhoto quickly. Transitions in Keynote are seamless. Games play more smoothly. And movie and video playback is better than ever before. No other ultraportable offers such amazing performance in such a slim design.
The brilliance of Multi-Touch.
MacBook Air includes a spacious trackpad with Multi-Touch technology. You can pinch, swipe, or rotate to zoom in on text, advance through a photo album, or adjust an image. Or try out the new four-finger swipe. With this gesture, you can navigate up and down to use Expose modes or left and right to switch between applications.
A smart LED display.
The LED-backlit display provides instant full screen brightness the moment you open MacBook Air. LED technology also makes the display more power efficient, which translates to long battery life. And since this display is mercury-free with arsenic-free glass, it’s as easy on the environment as it is on the eyes.
Thin is in the details.
The innovative now-you-see-it, now-you-don’t port hatch flips down to reveal (and closes to hide) all the ports you really need: a headphone jack, a USB 2.0 port, and a new Mini DisplayPort that supports DVI, dual-link DVI, and VGA video output. The Mini DisplayPort connects to the new Apple LED Cinema Display, and it supports other displays up to 30 inches.
More room for everything.
The MacBook Air hard drive is now larger at 120GB. So there’s plenty of storage for work, play, and whatever happens in between. Or choose a 128GB solid-state drive, which has no moving parts, for enhanced durability.2
The battery is slim. The performance isn’t.
Like everything on MacBook Air, the battery doesn’t compromise power for portability. You can access the web wirelessly for 4.5 hours.3
Faster is better.
MacBook Air performance is as impressive as its form, thanks to its 1.6GHz or 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. This chip was custom built to fit within the compact dimensions of MacBook Air. And now it’s faster than ever. The new 1066MHz frontside bus, additional L2 cache (6MB total), and 2GB of faster DDR3 RAM provide plenty of speed and memory for working with your favorite applications.
Built-in iSight camera.
MacBook Air also includes a built-in iSight camera so smartly integrated, you hardly notice it’s there.The iSight camera and iChat software make video chatting easy anywhere there’s a wireless network.4
Processor and memory
- 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM onboard
- 128GB solid-state drive hard disk drive
- Optional external USB MacBook Air SuperDrive
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio
Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- Built-in iSight camera
- Mini DisplayPort
- Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment of keyboard illumination and screen brightness
- Solid-state trackpad with Multi-Touch gesture support for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking4 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Analog audio output/headphone out (minijack)
- Built-in mono speaker
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone
Battery and power
- Integrated 37-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife ’08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
Environmental Status Report
MacBook Air embodies Apple’s continuing environmental progress. It is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display with arsenic-free glass
- PVC-free internal cables
- BFR-free internal components
- Largely recyclable, low-volume packaging
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- EPEAT Gold rating
What’s in the box:
- MacBook Air
- 45W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, power cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Display cleaning cloth
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Height: 0.76"
- Width: 12.8"
- Depth: 8.94"
- Unit: 3 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support