Apple MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Silver Notebook Computer - MB766LLA
Multi-Touch meets MacBook Pro.
Multi-Touch technology from iPhone, iPod touch, and MacBook Air comes to MacBook Pro in an amazing Multi-Touch trackpad. Now you can pinch, swipe, or rotate to enlarge text, advance through photos, or adjust an image.
Room for more.
The 17-inch MacBook Pro includes a 320GB 5400-rpm hard drive standard, with a 7200-rpm drive available as an option.1 So there’s room for even bigger ideas. You also have the option to upgrade to a solid-state drive, which has no moving parts, for enhanced durability. And with 4GB of memory standard, your large files run with ease, you can use multiple data-intensive applications with greater efficiency, and you can get more done.
The Intel Core 2 Duo processor runs at speeds up to 2.6GHz and includes a 6MB shared L2 cache, which means you can encode video, render effects, and open and manipulate large images at high speeds.
Ins and outs.
Connect storage, multimedia devices, and high-speed peripherals to your MacBook Pro. Along the sides, you’ll find a FireWire 400 port, a FireWire 800 port, a DVI port, optical audio in and out ports, an ExpressCard slot, and three USB 2.0 ports.
Connect an Apple Cinema Display to expand your desktop and lose nothing in translation. That’s because the DVI connection gives you a pure digital signal from system to display. View more than 4 million pixels on a 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display.
Even the power cord is a feature.
The MacBook Pro power adapter with MagSafe connector has a magnetic connection instead of a physical one. So if you happen to trip over the power cord, you won’t send MacBook Pro flying. The cord simply disconnects, without damage to either the cord or the notebook.
Image is everything.
The 17-inch MacBook Pro offers a high-resolution, 1920-by-1200-pixel display along with the color and clarity of NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 512MB of GDDR3 memory. You’ll enjoy high levels of realism and lifelike contrast and tone for next-generation 3D animation and games.
Sounds all around.
MacBook Pro sounds as good as it looks, with unprecedented attention to audio detail. For musicians on the go, MacBook Pro offers pristine sound through crisp, clear stereo speakers, a built-in microphone, and optical digital audio on both input and output.
Strategically placed in the center of the MacBook Pro display bezel is a small but powerful iSight camera. Wherever you go, you can video conference with iChat,2 make a movie with iMovie, and experiment in Photo Booth.
Connections and expansion
- One FireWire 400 port at up to 400 Mbps
- One FireWire 800 port at up to 800 Mbps
- Three 480-Mbps USB 2.0 ports
- ExpressCard/34 slot
- Kensington security slot
Processor and memory
- 2.5GHz or 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 800MHz frontside bus
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 memory
- 320GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive; optional 320GB 7200-rpm hard drive; optional 128GB solid-state drive3
8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW; 6x DVD-RW; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer); 24x CD-R; 16x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW; 24x CD
- 17-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors; optional antiglare widescreen display
- Supported resolutions: 1920 by 1200 (native), 1680 by 1050, 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 pixels at 5:4 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 pixels at 5:4 aspect ratio stretched; 1600 by 1200, 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1600 by 1200, 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor with dual-link DVI support and 512MB of GDDR3 memory
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- DVI output port
- VGA output using included DVI to VGA Adapter
- Built-in iSight camera
- Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment of keyboard illumination and screen brightness
- Solid-state trackpad with Multi-Touch gesture support for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone (located under left speaker grille)
- Combined optical digital input/analog line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital output/analog line out (minijack)
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD
Battery and power
- 68-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- DC input: 18.5 Vdc, 4.6A maximum
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife ’08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
Environmental Status Report
- Arsenic-free glass
- Majority of circuit board laminates are free of brominated flame retardants.
- Majority of internal cables are PVC-free.
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements.
- Received a Gold rating from EPEAT.
What’s in the box:
- MacBook Pro
- Display cleaning cloth
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Lithium-polymer battery
- DVI to VGA adapter
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Height: 1"
- Width: 15.4"
- Depth: 10.4"
- Unit: 6.6 lbs
- Shipping: 10 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support