Apple MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Silver Notebook Computer - Z0G0250
Precision aluminum. The new gold standard.
Carved from a single block of aluminum, the new MacBook Pro unibody enclosure is slim and streamlined with a soft-brushed surface and stunning contours. But it’s not all about beauty. The unibody also makes MacBook Pro more durable than ever. You can throw it in your briefcase or messenger bag and pull it out at an airport, in a hotel room, or on location without a second thought. So wherever you go, you have everything you need to edit, compose, design, and create
The moment you open your MacBook Pro you’re greeted by glorious, full screen brightness. But that’s only one gleaming quality of the glossy LED-backlit widescreen display. The picture is brilliant and sharp from corner to corner. And anything you view — including the ultrathin display itself — is a spectacular experience. The seamless glass enclosure makes this display stronger and more durable. It’s more power efficient and mercury- and arsenic-free, so it’s greener than ever.
Graphics in full force.
The new MacBook Pro reaches a new level of high-speed, high-end game-playing power. Not to mention pure performance for graphics-intensive applications like Aperture and Motion. Use the new NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor for great everyday performance with up to five hours of battery life.1 Or switch to the discrete NVIDIA 9600M GT graphics processor for the fastest, smoothest, clearest graphics yet.
Even the keyboard is advanced.
The rigid aluminum keyboard webbing has been cut precisely to hold the keys. And the keys are curved to perfectly fit fingers. The result? Pure typing bliss. The keyboard is also illuminated, so when you’re in low-light settings, such as airplanes or conference rooms, you can always see what you’re typing.
It all just clicks.
The first thing you might notice — or not notice — is the missing click button. Now the entire trackpad is the button, so you can click anywhere. Without a separate button, your hands have 39 percent more room to move on the large, silky glass surface. Use two fingers to scroll up and down a page. Pinch to zoom in and out. Rotate an image with your fingertips. Swipe with three fingers to flip through your photo libraries. Swipe with four fingers to show your desktop, view all open windows, or switch applications. If you’re coming from a right-click world, you can right-click with two fingers or configure a right-click area on the trackpad. The more you use the Multi-Touch trackpad, the more you’ll wonder what you ever did without it.
MacBook Pro has a hard drive up to 320GB2 and up to 4GB of RAM. So there’s plenty of room for your photo libraries, video projects, and files. With faster 1066MHz DDR3 memory, you can run more applications at once and instantly access even more of your stuff. Burn everything you watch, listen to, or create onto DVDs using the ultrafast 8x SuperDrive.
Ports with possibilities.
MacBook Pro is iPod, iPhone, digital camera, and external hard drive ready. If it has a cable, there’s a place for it. You’ll find two USB 2.0 ports and a FireWire 800 port for connecting faster peripherals. The Mini DisplayPort is a perfect fit for the new Apple LED Cinema Display. MacBook Pro even understands what you plug in, so you don’t have to install new drivers.
Inside the new MacBook Pro is the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at speeds up to 2.8GHz. It’s based on groundbreaking 45-nm process technology and advanced Core microarchitecture. With the 1066MHz frontside bus and up to 6MB of shared L2 cache, MacBook Pro runs applications faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Your studio to go.
Wherever you go, wireless capabilities go with you. With the latest 802.11n wireless technology built into MacBook Pro, you’re always seamlessly and effortlessly connected to the wireless world out there, at home, and at work.3 MacBook Pro automatically finds available networks and allows you to join them with just one click. Then surf the web, send email, video chat, print, stream your music, and more. Bluetooth capabilities are also built in, so brilliant accessories can become your wireless accomplices. And when a Wi-Fi network isn’t available, you can connect to the Internet anywhere there’s a cellular network using the ExpressCard/34 slot and a 3G wireless card. With up to 5 hours of battery life, do everything you need to do, wherever you need to do it.4.
Be everywhere at once.
Cleverly integrated — almost hidden — at the top of the MacBook Pro display is an iSight camera. Use it with iChat, and you can be anywhere without actually being there. Video chat with a buddy, share a video with a colleague, or present to a client.5 Use iSight with Photo Booth for fun photo effects. And there’s no need to waste valuable primping time installing software or configuring the camera. Like everything Mac, iSight just works.
Connections and expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Mini DisplayPort
- Audio line in
- Audio line out
- ExpressCard/34 slot
- Kensington lock slot
Processor and memory
- 2.53GHz or 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB shared L2 cache
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
- 250GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive4
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics processor with dual-link DVI support; 512MB of GDDR3 memory on 2.53GHz and 2.8GHz configurations
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- Built-in iSight camera
- Mini DisplayPort
- Built-in full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone (located under left speaker grille)
- Combined optical digital input/analog line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital output/analog line out (minijack)
- Supports Apple Stereo Headset with microphone
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD
Battery and power
- 50-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F(-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife ’08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
Environmental Status Report
MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free glass
- BFR-free internal components
- PVC-free internal cables
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- EPEAT Gold rating
What’s in the box:
- MacBook Pro
- Display cleaning cloth
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Lithium-polymer battery
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Height: 0.95"
- Width: 14.35"
- Depth: 9.82"
- Unit: 5.5 lbs
- Shipping: 8 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support