Apple MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Silver Notebook Computer - Z0FU250
Square one: a solid block of aluminum.
Instead of assembling a notebook from many minor parts, the new MacBook was reinvented from just one: the new, solid-aluminum unibody enclosure. It gets full credit for making MacBook thinner, lighter, and even more stunning. But it’s not all beauty. Because of the unibody, this MacBook is also durable. It was designed to take on your world. So slip it into your backpack or briefcase and pull it out wherever you go — it’s impressive in any setting.
Even the keyboard is advanced.
The MacBook keyboard is solid, responsive, and comfortable. Just put your fingers on the crisp keys and you’ll feel pure typing bliss. An illuminated keyboard, a popular feature of MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, now comes standard on the 2.4GHz MacBook model. So when you’re in low-light settings such as airports or lecture halls, you can always see what you’re typing. It’s a luminous feature for anyone on the go.
Hey, where’s the button?
The amazing new trackpad doubles as a button — just press down anywhere and consider it clicked. No separate button means there’s 39 percent more room for your fingers to move on the silky glass surface. Now that Multi-Touch gestures have come to MacBook, all the function is in your fingers. Use two fingers to scroll up and down a page. Pinch to zoom in and out. Swipe with three fingers to flip through your photo libraries. Rotate to adjust an image with your fingertips. Using the new four-finger swipe gesture, swipe up or down to access Exposé modes and left or right to switch between open applications. If you’re coming from a right-click world, you can right-click with two fingers or configure a right-click area on the trackpad. The more you use the Multi-Touch trackpad, the more you’ll wonder what you ever did without it.
The beautifully seamless, remarkably thin design isn’t the only gleaming quality of the LED-backlit display. Open your MacBook and you’re instantly greeted by glorious full screen brightness. The aluminum enclosure is perfectly integrated with a glass overlay that stretches to the edge of the notebook, providing a completely unobstructed picture. Anything you view, including the glossy widescreen display itself, is a spectacular experience. The LED-backlit display is more power efficient. And it’s mercury- and arsenic-free, so it’s greener than ever.
Cooler creatures. Richer worlds.
The NVIDIA GeForce 9400M brings up to five times faster, discrete-level graphics performance to MacBook.1 That means high-end, high-speed 3D game-playing power. Graphics-intensive features in iPhoto and iMovie are smooth and responsive. Movies and video offer rich colors and fine details. NVIDIA performance even makes a difference as you flip through your music library with Cover Flow or use the Dashboard.
Take it all along.
With a hard drive up to 320GB,2 you can load MacBook with movies, photos, and documents and take everything with you. You also have the option to upgrade to a 128GB solid-state drive, which has no moving parts, for enhanced durability. With the ultrafast 8x SuperDrive, burn everything you watch, listen to, or create onto DVDs and make room for even more.
Ports with possibilities.
MacBook is iPod, iPhone, digital camera, and external hard drive ready. You’ll find two USB 2.0 ports to connect a wide variety of peripherals. You’ll also see a Mini DisplayPort — a perfect fit for the new Apple LED Cinema Display. The MagSafe power port gives you a trip-proof connection to safeguard your system and valuable data. And you can use the Kensington lock slot to protect your MacBook, battery, and hard drive.
Inside the new MacBook is a powerful Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at speeds up to 2.4GHz. MacBook also boasts an increased 1066MHz frontside bus and next-generation 1066MHz DDR3 memory. That faster memory lets you quickly and easily manipulate large, complex files and keep more applications open at once.
Wherever you go, wireless capabilities go with you. With the latest 802.11n wireless technology built into MacBook, you’re always connected to the wireless world out there, at home, and at work.3 It’s seamless and effortless to connect to a Wi-Fi network and surf the web, send email, video chat, and more. With up to 5 hours of wireless productivity battery life, consider yourself a free agent.4 At home, stream music wirelessly from your couch. Rent movies wirelessly with iTunes. And print documents or photos from anywhere. For an instantly ideal workspace, connect your MacBook to the new Apple LED Cinema Display. MacBook also includes Bluetooth capabilities, so brilliant accessories such as the optional Apple Wireless Keyboard and wireless Mighty Mouse free your desk from cables and cords.
You. In two places at once.
Cleverly integrated — almost hidden — at the top of the MacBook display is an iSight camera. Use it with iChat, and you can be anywhere without actually being there. Video chat with a buddy, share a photo slideshow with Mom, or run through a presentation with a colleague.5 Use iSight with Photo Booth for fun photo effects. And there’s no need to waste valuable primping time installing software or configuring the camera. Like everything Mac, iSight just works.
Connections and expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Mini DisplayPort
- Audio line in
- Audio line out
- Kensington lock slot
Processor and memory
- 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
- 250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive4
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio
Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
- Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- Built-in iSight camera
- Mini DisplayPort
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone
- Combined optical digital input/analog line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital output/analog line out (minijack)
- Supports Apple Stereo Headset with microphone
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, and DVD+RW; 24x CD
Battery and power
- 45-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife ’08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
Environmental Status Report
MacBook is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free glass
- BFR-free internal components
- PVC-free internal cables
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- EPEAT Gold rating
What’s in the box:
- Display cleaning cloth
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Lithium-polymer battery
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Height: 0.95"
- Width: 12.78"
- Depth: 8.94"
- Unit: 4.5 lbs
- Shipping: 7 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support