Apple MacBook 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo White Notebook Computer - MB402LLB
Storage to meet your needs.
Music, photos, movies — not to mention your documents and other files — start adding up. MacBook offers plenty of storage with up to a 250GB hard drive,1 and it offers up to 4GB of memory to meet all your multitasking needs.
Power under the hood.
Inside the MacBook is the powerful Intel Core 2 Duo processor based on 45-nm process technology and advanced Core microarchitecture. This technology lets Intel create hundreds of millions of microscopic 45-nanometer transistors. The Core 2 Duo also has 3MB of shared L2 cache and an enhanced SSE4 vector engine. Translation: You get a MacBook that runs applications quickly and efficiently.
Sometimes your work needs room. So extend your MacBook desktop by connecting a 20- or 23-inch Apple Cinema Display. But why stop the add-ons there? MacBook also includes two USB 2.0 ports, a FireWire 400 port, Gigabit Ethernet, audio input and headphone jacks, and a convenient lock slot.
Burn CDs and DVDs.
MacBook comes standard with a SuperDrive. What makes it super? You can burn your own CDs or DVDs to back up data, create your own music mixes, or, using the included iDVD software, burn Hollywood-caliber iMovie creations and watch them on a DVD player.
The MagSafe Power Adapter has just that: a magnetic connection instead of a physical one. So tripping over a power cord won’t send your shiny new MacBook flying off a table or desk. The cord simply breaks cleanly away, without damage to either the cord or the system.
With two-finger scrolling, the trackpad becomes a fast track to wherever you want to go. And if you come from a right-click world, it’s easy to make the MacBook fit in your comfort zone. There are shortcuts for right-click functionality, forward delete, and more.
Opening and closing your MacBook is a pleasure, thanks to a magnetic latch that catches without a catch. And because it’s a magnet, there are no moving parts to snag, jam, or break.
Lights, MacBook, action.
Cleverly integrated above the MacBook display is an iSight camera. You can be there without being there using iChat. Video chat with a buddy, share a photo slideshow with Mom, or run through a presentation with a colleague.2 Since you're close-up ready, use iSight with Photo Booth for fun photo effects. Or star in your own indie flick with iMovie. Like everything Mac, your iSight just works. No need to waste valuable primping time installing software or configuring the camera. Just smile.
Connections and expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Mini-DVI port
- FireWire 400 port (up to 400 Mbps)
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Audio line in
- Audio line out
- Kensington cable lock slot
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone
- Combined optical digital input/analog line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital output/analog line out (minijack)
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife ’08 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
- Majority of circuit board laminates are free of brominated flame retardants.
- Majority of internal cables are PVC-free.
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements.
- Received a Silver rating from EPEAT.
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) glossy widescreen TFT display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 768, 1024 by 640, 800 by 600, 800 by 500, 720 by 480, and 640 by 480 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio
Graphics and video support
- Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory3
- Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- Built-in iSight camera
- Mini-DVI port
- Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Solid-state scrolling trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Processor and memory
- 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 800MHz frontside bus
- 1GB (two 512MB SO-DIMMs) of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
- 120GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive; optional 160GB or 250GB 5400-rpm drive4
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, and DVD+RW; 24x CD
Battery and power
- 55-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
What’s in the box:
- Display cleaning cloth
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Lithium-polymer battery
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Height: 1.08"
- Width: 12.78"
- Depth: 8.92"
- Unit: 5 lbs
- Shipping: 7 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support