Canon Pink 8.0 Megapixel PowerShot Digital Camera - SD1100ISP
Every Shade of Individuality...for a Camera that's "All about You!"
Color communicates. It introduces you before you say a word, making the PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH the ultimate image-maker. Five fashion-forward hues expressed in pure aluminum add a new burst of excitement to Canon's Perpetual Curve design. Of course, a camera that brings out the best in you also delivers Canon's most advanced technology features. Call it style with substance, for a new level of picture-taking pleasure.
For a World that's as Sharp as You.
Refined and stylish 8.0 Megapixel Digital ELPH with 3x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilizer.
With 8.0-megapixel technology at its heart, PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH brings you high resolution images that maintain their sharpness and vivid impact even when they're enlarged and cropped. The 3x Optical Zoom is a clear winner when it comes to getting up close and personal. And Canon's invaluable Optical Image Stabilizer reduces the blur of camera movement, even in tricky low light situations.
Which Color Says the Most About You?
Stand out from the crowd and personalize your preference with 5 luxurious colors: Rhythm & Blue, Swing Silver, Melody Pink, Bohemian Brown and Golden Tone.
Every choice in life should be this much fun. Colors for every mood and personality create a camera that feels just right. Crafted of durable aluminum and gleaming with streamlined contours, the SD1100 IS Digital ELPH is sculpture with snap...a fresh attitude about creativity that makes picture taking feel like a new experience every time.
Canon Technology Maximizes Quality and Performance.
Enhanced Canon Face Detection Technology automatically sets focus, exposure, flash and white balance for greater shooting freedom.
Canon's powerful Face Detection Technology delivers even better results with the new SD1100 IS Digital ELPH. The Face Detection Technology continues to recognize faces in a scene, and concentrate exposure (daylight or flash) and focus upon them. But the SD1100 IS Digital ELPH adds more: Face Detection WB means the camera concentrates upon faces when calculating white balance, for the best possible skin tones. Face Select and Track lets the SD1100 IS Digital ELPH user highlight one face among several in a scene, and the camera concentrates on that person, even as they move around the scene. And Face Detection Technology is a powerful contributing factor in Canon's new Motion Detection Technology.
With 18 Shooting Modes including 9 Special Scene Modes, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way.
Shooting Modes: Advanced presets for the best possible photos under certain conditions
- Auto: The camera chooses all the settings so you can concentrate on your subject.
- Camera M: The same ease of full automatic exposure control, but with full access to all menu settings, exposure compensation, and white balance.
- Portrait: The camera sets a large aperture, focusing the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject "pop."
- Night Snapshot: Get natural-looking pictures with brighter backgrounds and subjects lit by flash.
- Color Accent: Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap: Select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
- Digital Macro: Shoot larger-than-life close-ups with one-button simplicity.
- Stitch Assist: Build awe-inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
- Movie: Shoot in VGA (640 x 480 at 30 fps/30 fps LP), QVGA (320 x 240 at 30 fps) for up to 1 hour or 4GB), QQVGA (160 x 120 at 15 fps) for up to 3 minutes or Time Lapse (640 x 480 at 1 sec./2 sec. intervals) for up to 2 hours.
Special Scene Modes:
Blur is Dramatically Reduced.
- Foliage: Capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and blossoms.
- Snow: Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Beach: Get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
- Sunset: Capture stunning sunsets with all the dazzle and impact.
- Fireworks: Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Aquarium: Achieve proper flash-free exposure and natural hues at indoor aquariums.
- Underwater: Capture underwater images with reduced backscatter effect.
- (Note: Optional Waterproof Case WP-DC22 required for shooting any underwater images)
- Indoor: Reduce blur and improve color accuracy when shooting handheld indoors.
- Kids & Pets: Reduced focusing time freezes fast-moving subjects, so you won't miss those special shots.
Motion Detection Technology automatically reduces blur by calculating subject movement and selecting ideal exposure and ISO settings.
Life doesn't stand still for picture-taking. That's why Canon included its advanced Motion Detection Technology in the PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH. This sophisticated feature works in the background to instantly evaluate how fast your subject is moving. Then it automatically selects and sets the optimal exposure and ISO settings to keep everything looking sharp and clear. When you need higher ISOs for action-stopping shutter speeds, Motion Detection Technology provides it. But when no movement is detected, it allows lower ISOs for excellent color and detail. So whether you"re shooting a bride walking down the aisle, a ballet recital or even a child's soccer game, you can relax and shoot with confidence knowing you've got the picture you intended.
See the Image in a Big Screen.
2.5-inch PureColor LCD II for bright, accurate color with better viewing from wide angles.
The PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH gives you large 2.5-inch LCD screen for excellent control when framing your shots. Canon's PureColor LCD II offers more spectacular color, resolution and contrast even when viewed at an angle (compared to PureColor LCD). The screen is highly durable and easy to see in any light with a scratch-resistant, anti-reflective coating. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light-a perfect feature for gathering friends and family around to see your images.
Canon Innovation Enhances Your Experience.
DIGIC III Image Processor for sharper images and improved functionality.
DIGIC III Image Processor
With DIGIC III, your images boast superior quality, the camera operates at top efficiency and battery life is enhanced. What's more, DIGIC III enables Canon's Face Detection Technology and Red-eye Correction to give you better, more true-to-life people shots. Simply press the Shutter Button halfway down, and the camera automatically pinpoints the faces in the scene and chooses the ideal focus point. The camera controls exposure settings and flash to keep every face looking bright and natural. Red-eye Correction can be handled in-camera, in two ways. The entirely new Red-eye Correction during shooting uses the Face Detection Technology to recognize and remove red-eye from flash images as they're taken, before the file is written to the memory card. It's also possible to correct red-eye during image playback, using simple settings in the SD1100 IS Digital ELPH's menu.
iSAPS Technology is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the fast DIGIC III Image Processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing dreaded red-eye from subjects in flash pictures.
1) The new Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken.
2) The SD1100 IS Digital ELPH can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback.
3) The user can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
The PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH features ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto settings that reduce the effects of camera shake and sharpen subjects in low-light situations, giving you greater shooting flexibility.
The Complete Print Solution.
Print/Share Button for easy direct printing and downloading, plus ID Photo Print and Movie Print with select PIXMA Photo Printers and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers.
The PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH's Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the SD1100 IS Digital ELPH to a Canon PIXMA Photo Printer or SELPHY Compact Photo Printer or any PictBridge compatible photo printer, press the lighted Print/Share button and print! Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images to a computer (Windows® and Macintosh®).
PIXMA Photo All-In-One Printers
For desktop photo printing, try one of the well rounded Photo All-In-One printers that allow you to print without a computer in one of two ways: plug your compatible PowerShot camera into the printer using the supplied USB interface cable, or simply insert a memory card into the card slots. You can also connect the printer to your computer for more options, and even print via Bluetooth with an optional adapter. Print high-resolution, borderless images such as postcards or 8.5" x 11" sheets within minutes.
SELPHY Compact Photo Printers
SELPHY Compact Photo Printers let you produce versatile, fun 4" x 6" postcards, 4" x 8" wide greeting cards* or credit card* size prints in just two easy steps: connect and press/print. Control the printer right from your camera's LCD screen. You get durable, dye-sublimated prints quickly with or without borders. Assorted paper types let you create mini or credit card size labels.* You can even take select SELPHY Compact Photo Printers to a party or an outdoor picnic using an optional rechargeable battery.
The PictBridge standard enables any digital camera that supports PictBridge to connect and print to any PictBridge compatible printer.
- PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH Body
- Lithium-ion Battery Pack NB-4L
- Battery Charger CB-2LV
- SD Memory Card SDC-32M
- Wrist Strap WS-DC2
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- AV Cable AVC-DC300
- Type of Camera
- Type of Camera: Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 3x Optical/4x Digital/12x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- Image Capture Device
- Type: 8.0 Megapixel, 1/2.5 inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels: Approx. 8.3 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 8.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 6.2-18.6mm f/2.8-4.9 (35mm film equivalent: 38-114mm)
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range:
- Normal: 12 in./30cm-infinity
- Macro: 1.2 in.-1.6 ft./3-50cm (W), 1.2 in.-1.6 ft./3-50cm (T)
- Digital Macro: 1.2-3.9 in./3-10cm (W)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
- Viewfinder & Monitor
- Viewfinder: Real image optical zoom viewfinder
- LCD Monitor: 2.5-inch low-temperature polycrystalline silicon TFT color LCD with wide viewing angle (PureColor LCD II)
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 230,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage: 100%
- Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - f/4.9 (T)
- Shutter Speed: 15-1/1500 sec.; Long Shutter operates with noise reduction when manually set at 1.3-15 sec.
- Exposure Control
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, High ISO Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400/800/1600 equivalent (Standard output sensitivity. Recommended exposure index)
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot**
- * Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF
- ** Metering frame is fixed to the center
- Exposure Control Method: Program AE; AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance
- White Balance Control: Auto, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H), Custom
- Built-in Flash: Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Auto Red-eye Correction, Flash On, Flash Off; FE lock, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range: 12 in.-11 ft./30cm-3.5m (W), 12 in.-6.6 ft./30cm-2.0m (T) (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto)
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.7V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Specifications
- Shooting Modes: Auto, Camera M, Portrait, Special Scene (Foliage, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Fireworks, Aquarium, Underwater, Indoor, Kids & Pets) Night Snapshot, Color Accent, Color Swap, Digital Macro, Stitch Assist, Movie
- Photo Effects: My Colors: Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom
- Self-Timer: Activates shutter after an approx. 2-sec./10-sec. delay, Custom
- Continuous Shooting: Approx. 1.3 fps (Large/Fine)
- Image Storage
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Card
- File Format: Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1
- Image Compression: Normal, Fine, SuperFine
- JPEG Compression Mode:
- Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG)
- Movie: AVI (Image: Motion JPEG; Audio: WAVE (Monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels:
- Still Image: 3,264 x 2,448 (Large), 2,592 x 1,944 (Medium 1), 2,048 x 1,536 (Medium 2), 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 3/Date Stamp), 640 x 480 (Small), 3,264 x 1,832 (Widescreen)
- Movie: 640 x 480 (30 fps/30 fps LP), 320 x 240 (30 fps) available up to 4GB or 60 minutes, 640 x 480 (up to 2 hours at 0.5 fps/1 fps), 160 x 120 (up to 3 min. at 15 fps)
- Playback Specifications
- Playback Modes File:
- Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Resume, My Colors, My Category, Transition Effects, Histogram, Overexposure Warning, Index (9 thumbnails), Sound Memos, Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, RAW, Trimming, Resize, Image Inspection Tool
- Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Editing, Auto Rotate, Resume
- Erasing Specifications
- Erase Modes:
- Still Image: single image, select range, select by date, select by category, select by folder, all images
- Movie: part of movie, all of movie
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out: Monaural
- Other: Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Supply
- Power Source
- 1. Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery NB-4L
- 2. AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC10 (optional)
- Shooting Capacity: Still Image: approx. 240 shots (NB-4L)*
- Playback Time: Approx. 360 min. (NB-4L)
- * LCD screen on. The above figures comply with CIPA testing standards and apply when fully-charged batteries are used.
- Physical Specifications
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- Width: 3.42"
- Height: 2.16"
- Depth: 0.87"
- Unit(camera body only): 4.41 oz.
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor