KEF XQ Series Piano Black Floorstanding Speakers, Model XQ30BK
Tall, slender and undeniably elegant, the XQ30 is the perfect synergy between performance and size. The pairing of an ultra-low distortion bass driver with the latest incarnation of KEF’s signature Uni-Q® ‘point source’ array for the middle and upper frequencies, disperses a compellingly rich three-dimensional sound field evenly throughout the listening area. Crossover technology developed from the Reference Series assures excellent power handling, along with exceptionally fluid transitions.
- A elegant three-way floorstander of uncompromised acoustic integrity
- Wide dispersion 130mm (5.25in.) Uni-Q midrange/HF array incorporating high performance elliptical dome tweeter and new ‘tangerine’ waveguide
- 130mm (5.25in.) bass driver with KEF’s ultra-low distortion motor system
- Reference Series inspired audiophile grade tiered crossover to eliminate coupling effects
- Magnetically shielded
- Aluminium dome tweeter with ‘tangerine’ waveguide
The unique 'tangerine' waveguide delivers a smoother, clearer high frequency response with an even wider disperson as well as providing an excellent protection from straying fingers
KEF’s patented Uni-Q® driver configuration is what makes the XQ range sound noticeably better than conventional speakers in normal rooms. The new Uni-Q® array in the XQ has been further refined, with a sophisticated new 19mm (0.75in) elliptical dome tweeter, improved acoustic geometry and ‘tangerine’ waveguide for even more realistic vocals and even smoother, louder and clearer high frequency response
- LF Drivers
At the lower frequencies, the new LF drivers are impressive. Redesigned magnetics and low mass coils of edge-wound copper coated aluminum wire allow the cone greater length of travel for gloriously extended bass. Faraday loops are also incorporated to improve dynamics and reduce harmonic distortion further still
- Design: Three-way bass reflex
- Drive Units: 130mm (5.25in.) LF, 130mm (5.25in.) Uni-Q with 19mm (0.75in.) aluminium dome HF
- Crossover Frequencies: 450Hz, 2.5kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 87dB
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 48Hz - 55kHz
- Maximum Output: 109dB
- Input Impedance: 8 Ohms (min 3.2)
- Amplifier Requirements: 15 - 150W
- Magnetic Shielding: Yes
- Height: 33.85"
- Width: 7.48"
- Depth: 9.72"
- Unit: 65 lbs
- Shipping: 80 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor