Audioengine A2 Powered Black Desktop Speakers, Model A2B
Audioengine 2 (A2) Premium Powered Desktop Speakers - The new standard for multimedia sound and closes the gap between computer speakers and home audio. Audioengine 2 is the perfect upgrade for your computer, iPod, and all your music.
- Upgrade your Audio
Creating powered multimedia speakers to follow the Audioengine 5 was a challenge, but we feel we‘ve managed to duplicate the signature sound of the Audioengine 5‘s in a much smaller package perfectly suited for your desktop or a smaller space in your home or office. The Audioengine 2 is a great introduction to high-quality audio and the perfect upgrade for your computer or iPod
- Brotherly Love
The Audioengine 2 (A2) is about one-third the size of our flagship Audioengine 5 system and is an excellent computer audio upgrade or small room speaker. We used the same custom tweeters as the Audioengine 5, matched them with newly designed compact Kevlar woofers and then added high-performance amplifiers with gold-plated speaker connectors. All this great wonderful engineering is wrapped in wood cabinets with a hand-polished finish to create a premium quality desktop multimedia speaker system that puts all those sad plastic computer speakers to shame!
- Smaller Speakers, Still Big Bass
To say Saying that the bass on Audioengine 2 is substantial for their size may be an understatement, but you should be the judge. The bass was comes from coaxed from the A2 with some very clever acoustic and electrical design and without using any DSP or fake bass boost circuits. Wood remains a preferred speaker enclosure material for its stiffness at higher volume levels and the sealed cabinet focuses just the right amount of low end from the tuned front port slots
- Versatile and Efficient
The A2 was designed for your desktop but is also perfect for smaller rooms. Well-suited for all types of music, movies, and videogames, the A2 sounds great with or without a subwoofer. Using a similar design as the Audioengine 5, the A2 power amplifiers are built inside the left speaker, providing a very efficient system. An auto-sleep standby feature is also included to conserve power when you're not playing music
- Easy Connections
We’ve included 1/8 mini jack and RCA inputs so connecting A2 is easy. No software installs, plug-ins, or sound card upgrades. Just connect the audio output (or headphone jack) from your computer, iPod, Airport Express, Sonos system, PSP - or any other audio device - into the A2 rear panel input. All cables that you may need are included
- Minding the Gap
The Audioengine 2 sets a new level of audio and aesthetic quality for Powered Multimedia Speakers and further closes the gap between computer speakers and home audio. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast, we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
- 2 audio inputs (RCA and mini-jack)
- Built-in power amps (left speaker)
- Kevlar woofers for super low end
- Silk tweeters for smooth highs
- High-quality speaker connectors
- Auto-sleep power-saving mode
- Hand-built cabinets with high-gloss finish
- All cables included
- Type: 2.0 powered (active) multimedia desktop speaker system
- Power Output: 60W peak power total (15W RMS / 30W peak per channel), AES
- Inputs: Dual 1/8" stereo mini-jack and RCA jacks
- Outputs: USB Type A (power charging only), RCA L/R audio (full-range, non-adjustable)
- Voltages: 100-240V, 50/60Hz auto-switching
- Amplifier Type: Dual Class AB monolithic
- Drivers: 2.75" Kevlar woofers, 20mm silk dome tweeters
- Signal-to-noise:>95dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD:<0.05% at all power settings
- Frequency response: 65Hz-22kHz +/-2.0dB
- Input impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- iPod and all other music players
- Internet radio and network music systems
- Apple Universal Dock and other docks/remotes
- Desktop computers, laptops, notebooks
- Flat panel TVs
- Mobile phones and PDAs with music players
- CD and DVD players
- Videogame consoles
- Digital radio and satellite receivers
- All products with 1/8" mini-jack or RCA outputs!
- Power supply
- Speaker cable (16AWG), 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
- 1/8" mini-jack audio cable, 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
- 1/8" mini-jack audio cable, 20cm (~8 inches)
- Drawstring power supply bag
- Drawstring cable bag
- Drawstring speaker bags (2)
- Setup Guide
- Height: 6"
- Width: 4"
- Depth: 5.25"
- Unit: 6.7 lbs
- Shipping: 10 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 3 Years Parts and Labor