Netgear ProSafe 24-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch - JGS524F
Take Gigabit to the Desktop
NETGEAR’s ProSafe™ 24-port Gigabit Rackmount Switch with 2 SFP slots, the JGS524F, gives your office network a megaboost of speed, distance, and capacity that is within your budget. With 24 10/100/1000 Mbps ports, each capable of powering 2000 Mbps of data throughput in full duplex mode, plus two optional fiber ports, users can take advantage of their ability to deliver large amounts of multimedia, image, and video information across long distances. Use it to take Gigabit Ethernet directly to the desktop! Standards-based for easy integration of 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps devices, this unmanaged, rack-mountable switch features automatic speed and full/half-duplex sensing plus Auto Uplink™ on every port. Two hot-swappable Small Formfactor Pluggable (SFP)** GBIC slots provide optional fiber connectivity for greater distance. Ideal for workgroups, labs, departments, or growing offices looking for outstanding performance at a low price.
1000 Mbps speeds and a switching capacity of up to 48 Gbps meet the performance needs for even the most bandwidth-hungry applications. Two SFP GBIC fiber slots provide optional fiber connectivity for greater distances.
Aggressive prices enable your workgroup, department or small network to ramp up to Gigabit speeds, even all the way to the desktop.
Each port is equipped with automatic speed and duplex sensing, plus Auto Uplink to adjust for straight-through or crossover cables to make the right link. Standards-based design makes it easy to combine 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps devices on your network.
Easy to set up and easy to use, these unmanaged switches have per port LEDs for effortless network monitoring. Compact enough for desktop but comes with a rack mount kit. Compatible with PC, Macintosh, Linux, and Unix operating systems.
**Compatible with NETGEAR AGM731F 1000BASE-SX SFP GBIC module, AGM732F 1000Base-LX SFP GBIC module, and NETGEAR AGM733 1000BASE-ZX SFP GBIC module.
- Gigabit Ethernet Switch (JGS524F)
- Power adapter
- Installation guide
- Rack-mount kit
- Warranty/support information card
- Switching bandwidth: 48 Gbps
- Forward rate (1000 Mbps port): 1,480,000 packest per sec
- Forward rate (100 Mbps port): 148,000 packets per sec
- Forward rate (10 Mbps port): 14,800 packets per sec
- Latency (1000 to 1000 Mbps): 20 µs max
- Packet buffer memory: 2 Mb
- MAC address database: 8,000
- Mean time between failures (MTBF): 230,000 hours (~ 26 years)
- Network Ports
- 24 10/100/1000 Mbps twisted-pair RJ-45 ports
- 2 SFP slots for mini GBIC modules
- Power Consumption
- 100~240V; 50-60 Hz; plug is localized to country of sale
- 40W max
- Standards Compliance
- IEEE 802.3i 10BASE-T Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-X Gigabit Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3X Flow Control
- Status LEDs
- Unit: power
- Per network port: Link, activity, speed
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating temperature: 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)
- Operating humidity: 90% maximum relative humidity, noncondensing
- Storage temperature: -20° to 70°C (-4° to 158º F)
- Storage humidity: 10% to 95% Relative Humidity
- Electromagnetic Compliance
- CE mark, commercial
- FCC Part 15 Class A
- VCCI Class A
- EN 55022 (CISPR 22), Class A, EN 50082-1, EN 55024
- Safety Agency Approvals
- UL listed (UL 1950)/cUL
- IEC 950/EN 60950
- NETGEAR Lifetime Warranty†
- NETGEAR ProSafe AGM731F 1000BASE-SX SFP GBIC module
- NETGEAR ProSafe AGM732F 1000BASE-LX SFP GBIC module
- NETGEAR ProSafe AGM733 1000BASE-ZX SFP GBIC module
- UTP Category 5 cables or better
- Network card for each PC or server (e.g. NETGEAR GA311)
- Width: 13"
- Height: 1.7"
- Depth: 6.6"
- Unit: 3.8 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs