Linksys Gigabit 5-Port Workgroup Switch, Model EG005W
The Gigabit 5-Port Workgroup Switch provides non-blocking, wire speed switching for your 10, 100, and 1000 megabit network clients. Drop this switch in place of your current workgroup hub or switch, and you can upgrade your high-requirement workstations to full Gigabit speeds as necessary, while continuing to service other clients at their current speeds. Or build your network from the ground up, with appropriate link speeds for each user's requirements. Apply this switching power to your current hub-based Ethernet network, and your data traffic efficiency will improve several times over. Connect your Gigabit-equipped workstations to the Switch's 10/100/1000 ports for full-duplex, dedicated bandwidth of up to 2000Mbps! It's perfect for graphics, multimedia, and other applications that have to move large files across the network quickly. With the Gigabit 5-Port Workgroup Switch, you can connect your existing 10/100 Ethernet network to your Gigabit server backbone without any additional equipment. All ports are auto-negotiating, and have automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover detection, so you don't have to worry about the cable type. Address learning and aging is supported, as well as 802.3x flow control with head-of-line blocking prevention to keep your high-speed clients from bogging down in lower-speed traffic. The Gigabit 5-Port Workgroup Switch from Linksys is the perfect solution for your desktop Gigabit and 10/100 networking needs.
- Five 10/100/1000Mbps, half/full duplex, switched ports
- Forwards and filters packets at non-blocking, full wire speed
- All ports have auto speed negotiation and auto MDI/MDI-X crossover detection
- Supports address learning and aging, 802.3x flow control and head-of-line blocking prevention
- Standards: IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3x, 802.3ab
- Ports: 5 RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mbps ports
- Cabling Type: Category 5e Recommended
- LEDs: Power, Link/Act, Speed, FDX
- External Power Supply 12V DC, 2A
- Input 110 V AC Consumption 18W
- Certifications: FCC Part 15 Class A
- Operating Temp.: 32ºF to 122ºF (-1ºC to 50ºC)
- Storage Temp.: -40ºF to 158ºF (-40ºC to 70ºC)
- Operating Humidity: 20% to 95%, Non-Condensing
- Storage Humidity: 20% to 95%, Non-Condensing
- 200Mhz or Faster Processor
- 64MB RAM Recommended
- Ethernet or Gigabit Network Adapter
- Cat5e Ethernet Network Cable
- Height: 1.89"
- Width: 7.32"
- Depth: 6.06"
- Unit: 1.1 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs