Polk Audio Black High Definition Center Channel Speaker, Model LSICBK
The LSiC is the perfect complement to the new line of ultra high performance Polk Audio LSi front main bookshelf and floorstanding loudspeakers. With it, you can build the ultimate Polk Audio multi-channel music and cinema sound system. To get exceptional lifelike performance from your multi-channel audio system, you need a Center Channel Speaker and Surround Speakers with the same sonic characteristics as the rest of your speakers. The Aerated Polypropylene Cones and Ring Radiator Tweeters in the LSiC and LSiF/X Speakers are the same components used throughout the LSi Series. This produces a seamless front stage and lifelike surround environment. The Center Channel Speaker is the hardest working speaker in a multi-channel rig; anchoring the action and delivering over 50% of a movie's soundtrack information. The LSiC Center Channel Speaker has a Cascade Tapered Driver Array to maintain wide horizontal dispersion so every listener in the room hears clear, detailed sound, even off-axis. Its low profile is designed for unobtrusive placement on top of your TV. The LSi Series from Polk Audio is the new standard in affordable loudspeakers for serious listening. The Evolution of the Polk Sound.
- Superior accuracy and theatrical impact for the most sophisticated multi-channel systems
- Designed for high definition formats such as SACD and DVD-Audio
- (2) 5 1/4" Dynamic Balance drivers with Aerated Polypropylene cones for wide response and low distortion
- Cast aluminum driver baskets resist flexing and "ringing" for ultra-tight bass and coloration-free midrange
- Ultra high performance Ring Radiator tweeter, rare in speakers at this price, for extended frequency response, low distortion, excellent dynamics, and superior detail and transparency
- Timbre-matched with the LSi Series, for a seamless, realistic surround sound experience
- Cascade tapered driver array provides wide horizontal dispersion so off-axis listeners hear clear, uncolored center dialog and effects
- Surprisingly deep bass response: dual rear-firing PowerPort® built into the back plate provide distortion-free bass and double as convenient wall mounting brackets
- Extended bass response assures optimum performance in discrete channel Dolby Digital and DTS surround systems
- Acoustic Resonance Control (ARC) Port System reduces unwanted internal enclosure resonance for utterly clear midrange reproduction
- Magnetic shielding for safe placement on or near video monitors
- Low profile design for unobtrusive placement on top of your TV
- Premium crossover components for consistent high-end sound quality
- Mylar bypass capacitor in the high-pass crossover extends and flattens high frequency response. Hear musical details you've never heard before!
- Open architecture low diffraction grille for spacious imaging
- Dual (bi-ampable) gold plated 5-way binding post inputs for the most secure wire connections and the most versatile wiring applications
- 2 - 5-1/4" Diameter (13.34cm)
- Dynamic Balance with Aerated Polymer cone, cast basket and rubber surround (shielded)
- 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm)
- Dynamic Balance Ring Radiator (shielded)
- Overall Frequency Response: 40Hz - 27kHz
- Lower -3dB Limit: 52Hz
- Upper -3dB Limit: 26kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 200 w/channel
- Efficiency: 88 dB
- Driver 1: LPF at 200Hz 12dB/oct,
- Driver 2: LPF at 2.4kHz, 12 dB/oct.
- Tweeter: HPF at 2.4kHz 18dB/oct.
- Inputs: Dual gold plated 5-way binding posts for bi-amp/bi-wire hookup
- Height: 7"
- Width: 21-3/4"
- Depth: 9"
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 years parts and labor