Jura-Capresso Impressa Z5 Automatic Coffee Espresso Machine - 13339
(Click image or hyperlink text to view)
A coffee lovers dream:
Place your cappuccino cup... push one button... never move the cup!
Beans are ground. Fresh, cold milk transforms into hot, frothed milk and pours into your cup. With high pressure hot water is forced through the perfectly ground and tamped coffee. Now espresso flows through the thick layer of milk froth: pick up your cappuccino and enjoy. In the meantime the used coffee grounds are discarded and you can immediately start dreaming about another cappuccino, latte, espresso or any other hot large cup of crema coffee.
The IMPRESSA Z5 features eight pre-set beverage buttons. All your coffee drinks are now just one push button away: Cappuccino, Latte, hot chocolate, hot tea, one or two cups of ristretto, espresso, café lungo, or large cups of crema coffee. Use the pre-set programs or change coffee strength, coffee volume and the amount of steamed/frothed milk while the Z5 prepares your preferred coffee beverage. The informative 3-line LED display makes the Z5 extremely user friendly. The Z5 is completely pre-programmed and ready to brew coffee and cappuccino. See below for pre-programmed settings.
The IMPRESSA Z5 is made of the finest materials. With its 3mm thick undulating alloy metal front, the machined aluminum buttons and the stainless steel grind, the Z5 is not only pleasant to touch but also conveys the machine's finer qualities.
One-Touch Cappuccino System:Cappuccino or latte is prepared without moving the cup. A dual nozzle system with two separate outlets for milk and coffee makes it possible. The nozzle system has a short extension for tall latte glasses and a long extension for wide cappuccino cups.
Insulated Thermal Milk Container: A 32 oz. triple insulated thermal container keeps cold milk chilled for up to 8 hours. Make cappuccino and latte all day long! No need to run back and forth to the refrigerator.
Eight beverage buttons and a rotary dial: Push any of those buttons and create the drink you like. Using the rotary dial on top of the machine you can override the coffee strength (five settings: XMILD, MILD, NORMAL, STRONG, XSTRONG) and the coffee and milk volume without changing the pre-sets. Or simply re-program all buttons to your liking. You can even rename the buttons (e.g. when pressing the 1-cup espresso button instead of "1 ESPRESSO" the display could show "MY CUP" or anything else up to 12 characters).
Low noise design: Extremely quiet operation for grinding, brewing and discarding make the Z5 the quietest Automatic Coffee Center on the market today.
Never run out of beans: Never make a weak cup of coffee again! An invisible beam senses the amount of beans in the bean container and reminds you to refill before its empty.
Add luxury to perfection! Building on the unique features of the award winning IMPRESSA Z5, this new luxury edition if truly the machine for coffee lover demanding the ultimate in function and style:
- Grand curved high-gloss chrome plated-plated aluminum front.
- High-polished mirrored LED display (the LED information shines through the mirror finish)
- Hand-polished, oversized, drip tray made of die-cast zinc (weighs almost 1.5 lbs!) lets the Z5 shines even more.
- Custom designed 20 oz. stainless steel thermal milk container keeps cold milk cold for up to eight hours.
- One-touch cappuccino / latte button. Brew any size cappuccino or latte without moving the cup.
- Eight one-touch beverage buttons (from left to right: Milk or Hot chocolate, Cappuccino or Latte, Special Coffee, Hot Water/Tea, 1 and 2 Espressos, 1 and 2 Coffees.
- All buttons individually programmable: Five coffee strengths, three coffee temperatures, cup sizes from 1 to 16 oz. milk processing from 2 to 120 seconds.
- Unique rotary dial: Override strength and cup size while brewing.
- Height adjustable dual coffee spouts / Short and long dual nozzle systems: accommodates tall, large and small cups.
- Integrated commercial solid steel conical burr grinder: 6 fineness settings for any type bean. Automatic clutch to prevent virtually all blockage from stones. Accessible upper burr. Safety cover (when safety lid is not on, the Z5 will not grind!).
- Low noise grinder construction: Quiet operation in any environment, at home, in the office, in the conference room.
- Electronic bean level sensor: Never a weak cup of coffee again. Never run out of beans.
- Automatic pre-ground funnel system. Accommodates pre-ground coffee. Make one-stop decaf cappuccino!
- Large variable brewing chamber: Automatically adjusts to hold between 5 and 16 grams of ground coffee. Coffee is always tamped perfectly.
- Two stainless steel lined thermoblock heating systems: Always ready for coffee and steam, never any downtime, not contact with aluminum, no taste transfers due to internal stainless steel layout.
- 18 bar power pump: Always high pressure brewed coffee with crema... always perfect!
- Two step pre-infusion cycle moistens and conditions the ground coffee. Maximum flavor extraction with perfect crema topping.
- 96 oz. removable water container: Good for 60 espressos at a time.
- 10 oz. (280 grams) bean container.
- Height adjustable separate hot water spout to produce a cup of tea or to transform your espresso into a Coffee Americano.
- Unique CLEARYL Water Care System . Removes chlorine, lead, aluminum and copper for a better tasting coffee. A special organic additive removes almost all carbon and eliminates decalcifying altogether.
- Electronic CLEARYL cartridge change indicator makes sure that you always have the best water possible.
- Made in Switzerland
- Fast continuous operation for that big party, the office or for light commercial use.
Convenience, Monitoring, Electrical Listings, Safety Features, Appearance and Safety Features, Instructions:
- Three-line LED display dialog system with acoustical support. Gives you short, plain language instructions: "Coffee Ready", "Fill Water", "Clean Machine", "Refill beans". Also shows coffee strength and cup size on demand.
- Illuminated brewing area. Whenever you push a button, two led lights will illuminate your coffee. The lights will turn off automatically if the machine is not used for three minutes.
- Choose from five languages in the dialog system. English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch.
- Select from "Continuous-on" or "Auto-off" from 1/2 hour to 14 hours or manual off. Makes sure the machine stays on as long as you want.
- "Auto-on." The Z5 turns itself on at the programmed time and is ready for your first cup.
- Main power switch plus On/Off switch plus battery back up: The Z5 has a main power switch. As long as this switch is on, the Z5 is off. Only the On/Off switch on top of the machine is illuminated. In this position, the Z5 can turn itself on automatically in the morning. If the main power switch is turned off or if the machine is unplugged, an internal battery back up will keep the clock running for up to eight weeks. All pre-set information and all other maintenance information is permanently stored into the Z5's memory and not lost, even if the machine is unplugged.
- Show cup size in display in metric (milliliter) or non-metric (ounces) version.
- Show time in AM/PM or 24 hour mode.
- Renaming (having fun): Rename the on- (e.g. "Happy B'day") and off message and the names for all eight beverage buttons. You can always reset the names back to the standard names.
- Choose from three stand-by modes (Always ready for coffee and steam. Coffee ready and steam thermoblock shuts down if not used for 10 minutes, then needs 10 to 30 seconds warm-up. Coffee thermoblock lowers stand-by temperature if not used for 10 minutes, then needs 10 to 30 seconds warm up).
- Automatic hot water rinse cycle cleans and preheats all vital parts. Automatic cappuccino rinsing reminder. The display tells you "CAPPU RINSE". Just push the illuminated button and hot water will rinse through the milk nozzle.
Automatic cleaning cycle indicator prevents coffee oil build-up in the brew chamber. A short 15 minutes automated tablet cleaning program with clear instructions in the LED display insures clean inner parts and coffee that will never taste oily or rancid. No inner parts need to be removed. The display will remind you automatically after approx. 220 cups of coffee.
- Automatic indicator when used coffee container is full. Used coffee container holds up to 16 coffee portions.
- Electronic water level sensor will never let the machine operate without water!
- Electronic bean container will never let the machine grind without enough beans.
- Electronic sensor will never let the machine grind without the safety lid.
- Information module lets you check how many cups are made with each beverage button, how often maintenance programs were used, how each beverage button is set and more.
- Five level water hardness selector. Set the machine to your water hardness (comes with a water hardness indicator strip).
- Quick Reference Guide (water proof paper), 35 minute DVD, 35 page operating instructions, complete thermal milk container with all accessories, extra milk hose for use with milk or chocolate milk carton, 1 Clearyl Water Care Cartridge, 2 cleaning tablets, one bottle with concentrated cappuccino cleaner, water hardness indicator strip.
Factory Settings / Programming Options
Any brewing or frothing process can always be stopped by just pushing ANY of the eight beverage buttons or pushing the rotary dial. This will not affect the pre-sets.
- Milk button: 20 seconds / override or re-program from 2 to 120 seconds.
- Cappuccino button: 15 seconds milk, 3 oz. coffee, NORMAL strength, temperature HIGH / override strength, milk (2 to 120 sec) and coffee (1 to 8 oz.) or re-program all settings; milk: 2 to 120 seconds, coffee volume 1 to 8 oz.; strength XMILD, MILD, NORMAL, STRONG, XSTRONG; temperature LOW, NORMAL, HIGH.
- Special Coffee Button: 3 oz., XSTRONG, HIGH; override volume and strength or re-program all three settings.
- Hot Water Button: 6 oz.; override or re-program from 1 to 16 oz.
- 1-Cup Espresso Button: 1.5 oz., STRONG, HIGH; override volume and strength or re-program all three settings.
- 2-Cup Espresso Button: 1.5 oz. PER CUP (display always shows coffee volume per cup), STRONG, HIGH. In this setting the Z5 will produce two 1.5 oz. cups or one 3 oz. cup. Place one or two cups underneath the coffee spouts. With the two cup buttons you can produce up to 16 oz. of coffee volume!
- 1-Cup Coffee Button: 5 oz. NORMAL, HIGH.
- 2-Cup Coffee Button: 10 oz. NORMAL, HIGH.
Overriding will not change the pre-set values. Re-programming will establish new pre-set values. All pre-set values will remain in memory, regardless if the Z5 is plugged in or not.
Other pre-sets you can change:
- Filter: No; change to yes and install and activate the Clearyl Water Filter.
- Hardness Level: 10º DH. This is for soft water. Can be changed from 1 to 32 "grains". See Operating instructions for details.
- Auto-Off: 2 hours after last use; reprogram from 0.5 to 14 hours or manual off.
- Grinder Fineness: middle positions; 6 fineness settings.
- Stand-by (economy settings): "NO SAVE": Z5 is always ready to brew coffee and froth milk, no waiting time. Two other settings are possible.
- Time format AM/PM. 24 H format possible.
- Cup size/ volume: in OZ (in half ounce increments). Display in Milliliter is possible.
- Language set to English. Change to Spanish, German, French or Dutch.
- Time: not set.
- Auto on: not set.
- Package Includes:
- Quick Reference Guide
- Operating Instructions
- Cleaning Tablets
- Clearyl Filter
- Cappuccino Cleaner
- Burr Grinder Release
- Water Hardness Indicator
- Measuring Scoop
- Color: Dual Tone Platinum Metallic with Chrome Accents
- Wattage/Volt/Hz: 1350W/120V/60Hz
- Width: 12.2"
- Height: 14.5"
- Depth: 17.1"
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Manufacturer's Warranty:
- One year limited warranty, or up to 6,000 cups of coffee, whichever comes first. Warranties include free UPS ground transportation from and to owner