Olympus Stylus Tough 8000 Black 12 Megapixel Digital Camera - STYLUSTOUGH8000B
Take your photos to the extreme. The STYLUS TOUGH-8000 is virtually indestructible. Whether youre kayaking downriver or skiing a double diamond, its hard to hurt this camera. Breakthrough features like Dual Image Stabilization and Tap Control provide the clearest images under the most challenging conditions.
Life can be tough, this camera is tougher. Rugged metal body and revolutionary shock-absorbing construction are designed to withstand a 6.6-foot drop, bump or other mishap.
A revolutionary system of waterproof seals and gaskets keeps water out so you can take pictures as deep as 33 feet underwater.
Boldly enter that winter wonderland without worrying about your camera. This camera is winterized to perform at below-freezing temperatures.
With a rugged body and reinforced LCD, the STYLUS TOUGH-8000 withstands up to 220 pounds of pressure so your camera and images are protected.
DUAL IMAGE STABILIZATION
Forget about blurry shots with this 2-in-1 anti-blur solution. Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization compensates for camera shake to keep your shots steady while Digital Image Stabilization captures crisp, clear images in any situation.
- Durable metal body with an innovative shock-absorbing technology protects it from drops of up to 6.6 feet.
- A revolutionary system of waterproof seals and gaskets keeps water out so you can take pictures as deep as 33 feet underwater.
- It's Freezeproof to 14°F/-10°C. Perfect for skiing, snowboarding, sledding and other winter fun, this camera is winterized to perform at below-freezing temperatures!
- With its rugged body and reinforced LCD, the STYLUS TOUGH-8000 is designed to withstand up to 220 pounds of pressure so your camera and images are always protected.
- Operate picture playback, shadow adjustment, flash mode and more just by tapping the top, back and sides of the camera. Tap Control is ideal for underwater use or when wearing gloves.
- In-Camera panorama captures three images and stitches them together to create one amazing panoramic picture by simply pressing the shutter button and slowly panning across a panoramic scene.
- Using a live, multi-frame window on the LCD, you can preview the effects of various settings, select and capture the perfect shot.
- More than 12 million pixels in the high-resolution CCD create superior image quality. Create poster-sized prints without losing a single detail.
- In addition to xD-Picture Card compatibility, the STYLUS TOUGH-8000 comes with an adapter for microSD memory card, an emerging electronic storage media for mobile phones, PDAs and HDTVs.
- This large LCD features an extra-wide viewing angle and anti-glare technology for easier composing and shooting even in direct, bright sunlight.
- Sensor-Shift Image stabilization combined with high ISO sensitivity and fast shutter speeds capture crisp, clear images even if the subject is moving.
- A 3.6x wide-angle optical zoom captures even more of the subject into each shot. The lens does not protrude from its body so it is further protected from harsh conditions.
- Soften shadows and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on your subjects face as you capture the image. Edits can also be made after taking the picture to avoid costly image editing software.
- Tracks up to 3 faces and automatically focuses and optimizes exposures for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures.
- Stylus Tough 8000 Digital Camera
- USB Cable, Audio/ Video Cable
- Wrist Strap
- Lithium-Ion Battery (LI-50B) & F-1AC Charger
- Olympus Master 2 Software CD-ROM
- Warranty Card
- MASD-1 (microSD Adapter)
- Shockproof MIL-STD-810F Shock Equivalent (6.6ft/2m)
- Waterproof Equivalent to IEC60529 IPX8/JISC0920 (33ft/10m)
- Freezeproof MIL-STD-810F Low Temp Equivalent (-10oC/14oF)
- Crushproof 220lbf, 100kgf
- Image Sensor 12 Megapixels (effective), 1/2.33" CCD
- Focal Length/Lens Configuration
- 5.0 18.2mm (28 102mm equivalent in 35mm photography)
- 10 Lenses in 8 Groups, 2 Aspherical Lenses, 1 ED Lenses
- Zoom 3.6x Optical Zoom + 5x Digital Zoom
Aperture Range f3.5 (W) / f5.1 (T)
- 2.7" (6.9cm) HyperCrystalTM III LCD with Backlight Boost, approx. 230,000 dots
- 5 Steps Brightness Adjustment
- Focus System CCD Contrast Detection
- Focus Range (from lens surface)
- Normal mode: 19.7" infinity (0.5m infinity)
- Macro mode:
- Wide: 3.9" infinity (0.1m infinity)
- Tele: 11.8" infinity (0.3m infinity)
- Super Macro mode: .08" 19.7" (2cm 50cm)
- Focus Mode iESP Auto, Spot AF, Face Detection AF
- Shutter Speed 1/2000 sec. 1/4 sec. (up to 4 sec. in Night Scene mode)
- ISO Sensitivity (SOS: Standard Output Sensitivity) Auto, High Auto, 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 (equivalent)
- Exposure Metering Digital ESP Metering, Spot Metering, Face Detection AE (when Face Detection AF is selected)
- White Balance Control Auto, Presets (Daylight, Overcast, Tungsten and 3 Fluorescents)
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV steps in 1/3 EV steps
- Image File Format
- Still Image: JPEG
- Movie: AVI Motion JPEG
- Number of Recorded Pixels
- 12MP (3,968 x 2,976)
- 5MP (2,560 x 1,920)
- 3MP (2,048 x 1,536)
- 2MP (1,600 x 1,200)
- 1MP (1,280 x 960)
- VGA (640 x 480)
- 16:9 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Motion Blur Suppression Dual Image Stabilization
- Shooting Modes 24 Shooting Modes;
- Intelligent Auto, Program Auto, Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization, Beauty Mode, Scene Modes (1. PORTRAIT, 2. LANDSCAPE, 3. NIGHT SCENE, 4. NIGHT+PORTRAIT, 5. SPORT, 6. INDOOR, 7. CANDLE, 8. SELF PORTRAIT, 9. SUNSET, 10. FIREWORKS, 11. CUISINE, 12. DOCUMENTS, 13. BEACH & SNOW, 14. SNOW, 15. PRE-CAPTURE MOVIE, 16. UNDERWATER SNAPSHOT, 17. UNDERWATER WIDE1, 18. UNDERWATER WIDE2, 19. UNDERWATER MACRO), Movie
- Panorama In-Camera Panorama, PC Panorama (Up to 10 frames automatically stitchable with OLYMPUS Master software)
- Shooting Assist Functions Perfect Shot Preview, Histogram, Frame Assist, Voice Recording
- Movie Mode
- AVI Movie with Sound;
- 640x480 (30/15fps)
- 320x240 (30/15fps)
- Image Processing TruePic III Image Processor
- Noise Reduction Set automatically at shutter speeds of 0.5 second or longer in specific scene modes
- Image Playback
- Still Image: Single, Index Display (4/9/16/25), Up to 10x Enlargement, Slideshow, Rotation, Calendar, Histogram, Voice Playback
- Movie: Normal, Fast-Forward, Reverse, Frame-by-Frame, Voice Playback
- Playback Edit Effects
- Still Image: Red-Eye Fix, Shadow Adjustment Edit, Beauty Fix, Resize, Cropping, Black & White, Sepia, Calendar, Saturation
- Movie: Frame Index
- Flash Built-in
- Flash Modes
- Auto (for low light and backlit conditions)
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Flash Working Range
- Wide: 0.33ft (0.1m) 13.1ft (4.0m) at ISO 800
- Tele: 0.98ft (0.3m) 8.9ft (2.7m) at ISO 800
- Self-Timer 12 Seconds
- Memory 45MB Internal Memory
- Removable Media Card xD-Picture Card (1GB, 2GB), microSD (MASD-1 is required)
- Outer Connectors Multi-Terminal (USB Connector, Audio/Video Output, DC Input*)
- *Optional DC Coupler (CB-MA1) is required.
- Auto-Connect USB USB 2.0 High-Speed (USB Mass Storage)
- System Requirements
- Auto-Connect USB: Windows® 2000/XP/VISTA with USB port, Mac OS X 10.3 or later with USB port
- Software: Windows® 2000PRO/XP/VISTA, Mac OS X 10.3 - 10.5
- Operating Temperature/Humidity
- Operation: 14° 104°F (-10° 40°C)
- Storage: -4° 140°F (-20° 60°C)
- Operation: 30% 90% humidity
- Storage: 10% 90% humidity
- Power Source Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (LI-50B), AC Adapter (D-7AC) with the optional DC Coupler (CB-MA1)
- Battery Life (CIPA DC-002) 240 Shots
- Width: 3.7"
- Height: 2.4"
- Depth: 0.85"
- Unit (without batteries and media card): 0.4 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor