Canon Black 21.1 Megapixel EOS Digital SLR Camera With 24-105mm Lens - EOS5DMARKIIKIT
High Performance for High Expectation
Canon's update to the wildly popular full frame EOS 5D is here, and it's better than ever. The EOS 5D Mark II has a stunning 21.1-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4 Image Processor, a vast ISO Range of 100-6400 (expandable to ISO L: 50, H1: 12800 and H2: 25600), plus EOS technologies like Auto Lighting Optimizer and Peripheral Illumination Correction. It supports Live View shooting, Live View HD videos, and more. It can shoot up to 3.9 fps, has 9 AF points plus 6 AF assist points, a new 98% coverage viewfinder, a 3.0-inch Clear View LCD (920,000 dots/VGA) and a rugged build. Full-frame shooters rejoice!
Highest ISO Range to Date.
21.1 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion (16,384 colors/each of 3 primary color), wide range ISO setting of 100-6400 (expandable L: 50, H1: 12800 and H2: 25600).
The EOS 5D Mark II features a huge, full-frame sensor. A 21.1-megapixel CMOS sensor delivers images of up to 5616 x 3744 pixels. And since it is full-frame, all lenses will deliver the angle of view they would on a 35mm camera without a conversion factor. This comes in handy especially when shooting with wide-angle lenses. For the flexibility to shoot in even the most dimly lit situations, the EOS 5D Mark II offers Canon's highest ISO sensitivity to date, ranging from 100-6400 (expandable to ISO L: 50, H1: 12800 and H2: 25600). Thanks to improved noise reduction technologies, images shot even at highest sensitivity will be remarkably smooth.
HD Video Shooting with Live View Function.
Full HD Video capture at 1920 x 1080 resolution for up to 4GB per clip with HDMI output for HD viewing of stills and video.
The EOS 5D Mark II is the first digital EOS to offer recording of Full HD video in Live View Mode. Capable of shooting clips almost half an hour long at full 1080 resolution, the EOS 5D Mark II does amazing double duty, making it possible to shoot broadcast quality video on your camera by simply changing settings. The advantages move way beyond the ability to shoot on your SLR - the wealth of high-speed lenses and shooting accessories that make EOS photography so remarkable can be used in shooting video. Where interchangeable lens video cameras cost thousands of dollars, with the EOS 5D Mark II their operation, including HDMI output, is simply an added bonus to a remarkable camera.
State-of-the-Art Image Processing with Power and Speed.
Next generation DIGIC 4 Image Processor for faster processing of fine detail and color reproduction as well as reduced image noise.
The EOS 5D Mark II's sensor is backed up by Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor, which speeds up all operations making a number of new features possible. Processor intensive operations like Face Detection Live mode, HD video recording and lighting and lens peripheral optimization are all possible thanks to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. The EOS 5D Mark II also offers full 14-bit A/D conversion. The analog output from the image sensor is converted into a digital signal via 14-bit conversion instead of the previously used 12-bit conversion, resulting in significantly finer tonal gradation for better prints.
DIGIC 4 Image Processor
Developed to maximize performance between capturing and recording stages of digital photography, Canon's DIGIC 4 chips use advanced signal processing technologies to enhance captures from Canon's CMOS sensors. Sophisticated processing algorithms help to speed up all operations, including write times to UDMA cards.
Lens Peripheral Illumination Correction
Canon's exclusive Lens Peripheral Illumination Correction takes into account any light falloff in the corners of the frame and corrects it, making for a perfectly exposed image. Correction data are detected automatically on a number of Canon lenses and can be entered manually through included Canon EOS Utility software.
High performance with 3.9 fps continuous shooting, new shutter with a durability of 150,000 cycles and improved weather-resistant body.
The EOS 5D Mark II has a sophisticated AF system consisting of 9 user-selectable AF points, along with a total of 6 additional vertical and horizontal AF assist points. The central AF point is cross-type, and is sensitive to vertical lines at an aperture of f/2.8, horizontal lines at f/5.6. The AF system is also sensitive to its light source, and can compensate for focus errors that can occur when multiple sources illuminate a scene. AF points can be chosen by the photographer using the 5D's multi-controller or preferred control dial. Plus, the EOS 5D features a dedicated AF ON button.
The EOS 5D Mark II has a rugged new shutter designed to withstand 150,000 exposures. Combined with its impressive build quality, this new shutter ensures that the EOS 5D Mark II will thrive in challenging shooting environments.
More Features in Live View Mode.
Live View Function for stills (Quick, Live and Face Detection AF modes) and video.
With Live View Function on the EOS 5D Mark II, you can zoom in and navigate the composition 5x or 10x normal size. There's even a grid overlay. Live View focusing modes include Quick mode, Live mode and Face Detection Live mode. The EOS 5D Mark II's Live View Function also makes videos in Full High-Definition. Shooting is at a frame rate of 30 fps. Sound is recorded either through the camera's built-in microphone or through an external microphone connected to the camera's microphone input terminal. Playback modes are available in the camera, and all Live View AF features can be used in shooting video.
Huge, High Resolution Screen.
3.0-inch Clear View LCD (920,000 dots/VGA) monitor with anti-reflective and scratch-resistant coatings for improved viewing and smudge protection.
The EOS 5D Mark II has an all-new 3.0-inch Clear View LCD that features high-resolution 920,000 dots/VGA for far more detail than any previous EOS Digital LCD. A number of new features enhance usability: a new anti-reflection and water-repellant coating provides a clearer and more smudge-resistant surface and a light sensor mounted below the screen enables automatic brightness adjustment in accordance with ambient light.
Full-Frame, Dust-Free Images.
Updated EOS Integrated Cleaning System specifically designed to work with a full-frame sensor.
Canon's Integrated Cleaning system includes a cleaning unit designed specifically for the EOS 5D Mark II's full-frame CMOS sensor. The camera's low-pass filter even has a new fluorine coating upon its surface to help repel dust. Dust that makes it past the EOS 5D Mark II's sensor cleaning system is easily removed in post processing using DPP software's Dust Detection Delete function, which can remove dust spots automatically from single or multiple image files.
Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
A key element of minimizing dust is preventing it from clinging to the front surface of the imaging sensor. To combat against this, the EOS 5D Mark II features a Canon-designed Self Cleaning Sensor Unit. The low-pass filter at the front of the sensor shakes off dust automatically with ultrasonic vibrations. The EOS 5D Mark II also has a coating on the front surface of the low-pass filter to increase its resistance to dust sticking to the sensor.
Dust Delete Data Detection
Dust that may still remain on the front of the sensor can also be erased with software included in Digital Photo Professional (DPP) Version 3.3 or later software. A simple test shot of a plain, white object can be taken, using a menu setting. This Dust Delete Data image is analyzed in-camera, and the location and size of any remaining dust is subtracted from any subsequent pictures taken. This data is transmitted along with the image, whether JPEG or RAW, and can be either manually or automatically erased in Canon's DPP software. This added software option ensures the cleanest possible image, perfect for printing or archiving.
Shooting and Sharing Made Easy.
Compatible with over 60 Canon EF Lenses and most EOS System accessories.
The EOS 5D Mark II is compatible with all Canon lenses in the EF lineup, ranging from ultra-wide angle to super telephoto lenses. Canon lenses employ advanced optical expertise and micron-precision engineering to deliver unprecedented performance in all facets of the photographic process. Special optical technologies, such as Aspherical, ultra-low dispersion, or fluorite elements are featured in the universally acclaimed L-series lenses. And Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer technology is featured in select lenses to minimize the effect of camera shake. Through Canon lenses, photographers can truly maximize the quality and liberating performance of the EOS 5D Mark II.
The EOS 5D Mark II features the acclaimed E-TTL II flash metering system. With any of the flashes in the EX Speedlite line, E-TTL II provides reliable flash output whether shooting fill-in flash pictures in sunlight, or using flash in total darkness. With E-TTL II, the exact same 35-zone metering sensor used for measuring ambient light is also used for flash metering - giving even finer metering command of the image area. If you prefer a broader area for flash metering, there's a menu setting to change to "Average" flash metering - where the entire 35-zone area is measured evenly for flash exposure.
The Canon Speedlite 580EX II is the ideal step-up accessory for powerful flash shooting with the EOS 5D Mark II. It has excellent flash power (maximum guide number of 141 ft./43m at ISO 100), and is the perfect way to get great flash pictures when you can't get right up to the subject. The 580EX II is also great for bounce flash, with its tilting and swiveling flash head. It automatically zooms the flash head to cover lenses ranging from 16mm up to 105mm or longer with the EOS 5D Mark II. Of course, it works with the camera to provide full E-TTL II automatic flash exposure. And the 580EX II has a powerful AF-assist beam, which allows the camera to autofocus even in total darkness on subjects as far as 32 ft. from the camera.
Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E4A
This Wireless File Transmitter was made for the EOS 5D Mark II. It's compatible with Wi-Fi Protected Setup to connect easily to a wireless LAN access point for secure image transfer. Sending a batch of photos wirelessly is easy with the WFT-E4A as images can be stored in selected folders and the entire folder can be transferred at once. It retains the same features as the WFT-E3A including great handling for vertical shooting and wireless transmission (802.11b or g) to Macintosh or Windows computers for distances of up to 492 ft. (150m).
Canon EOS Digital Solution Disk (Version 19.1)
The EOS 5D Mark II comes bundled with an updated Canon EOS Digital Solution Disk, which features powerful software programs designed to extend the EOS experience to the computer. These include Canon's EOS Utility (Version 2.5), Digital Photo Professional (Version 3.5), ZoomBrowser EX for Windows® (Version 6.2), ImageBrowser for Macintosh® OS X (Version 6.2), the Picture Style Editor (Version 1.4), PhotoStitch (version 3.2), WFT Utility (version 3.2). Each application is designed to perfect the captured images and streamline the digital workflow.
Compatible Operating System
- Windows: Windows XP SP2/Windows Vista
- Macintosh: OS X 10.3 or higher
EOS Utility (Version 2.5) for Macintosh or Windows handles the connection between the camera and computer, whenever they're connected via USB. It allows remote controlled shooting from the computer, handles downloading of images from the camera to the computer, and allows seamless linking to either Canon's ZoomBrowser/ImageBrowser or Digital Photo Professional software once images have been copied to the hard drive. Furthermore, it's used to upload settings back into a USB-connected camera.
Digital Photo Professional (Version 3.5) is an image processing program that enables high-speed RAW image processing, high-speed previewing for real-time image adjustment and support for sRGB, Adobe RGB and Wide Gamut RGB color spaces. Because it's CMS (Color Management System) compatible, Digital Photo Professional allows for easy image layout and printing in Adobe RGB in conjunction with Easy-PhotoPrint and PictBridge printers. It also features the Dust Delete Data Detection tool for cleaner images.
ZoomBrowser EX (Version 6.2) for Windows and ImageBrowser (Version 6.2) for Mac OS X are the easy, user-friendly options for viewing and editing of JPEG and even RAW image files. Both allow viewing of numerous types of images including finished TIFF and BMP files. Both also have a variety of search options for finding images, allow re-naming of single images or batches of files, and offer a variety of options for printing without using a separate image-editing program.
Picture Style Editor (Version 1.4)
Canon's Picture Style Editor enables photographers to create custom Picture Style profiles that can be used to customize the appearance of JPEG and RAW images captured with EOS Digital SLR cameras. Picture Style files created with Picture Style Editor can be loaded into the EOS cameras that support Picture Style and may also be used when processing RAW images in Canon software applications Digital Photo Professional, ZoomBrowser EX (for Windows) and ImageBrowser (for Mac).
- EOS 5D Mark II Body (A)
- Eyecup Eb (not shown)
- Wide Neck Strap EW-EOS5DMKII (C)
- Stereo Video Cable STV-250N (D)
- USB Interface Cable IFC-200U (E)
- Battery Charger LC-E6 (F)
- Battery Pack LP-E6 (G)
- EOS Digital Solution Disk (H)
- Software Instruction Manual (not shown)
- Type: Digital, single-lens reflex, AF/AE camera
- Recording Media: CF Card Type I and II, UDMA-compliant CF cards, via external media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, via optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E4A)
- Image Sensor Size: 36.0mm x 24.0mm (35mm Full-frame)
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Image Sensor
- Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
- Pixels: Effective pixels: Approx. 21.1 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Total pixels: Approx. 22.0 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low-pass Filter: Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Dust Deletion feature:
- Automatic sensor cleaning
- Manual cleaning of sensor
- Dust Delete Data appended to the captured image
- Recording System
- Recording Format: Design rule for Camera File System 2.0
- Image Type:
- Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), sRAW1, sRAW2, RAW+JPEG
- Video: MOV
- File Size:
- Large/Fine: Approx. 6.1MB (5616 x 3744 pixels)
- Large/Nomal: Approx. 3.0MB (5616 x 3744 pixels)
- Medium/Fine: Approx. 3.6MB (4080 x 2720 pixels)
- Medium/Normal: Approx. 1.9MB (4080 x 2720 pixels)
- Small/Fine: Approx. 2.1MB (2784 x 1856 pixels)
- Small/Normal: Approx. 1.0MB (2784 x 1856 pixels)
- RAW: Approx. 25.8MB (5616 x 3744 pixels)
- sRAW 1: Approx. 14.8MB (3861 x 2574 pixels)
- sRAW 2: Approx. 10.8MB (2784 x 1856 pixels)
- Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.
- Recording Functions: With the WFT-E4A attached, image recording to the CF card and to the USB external media connected to the WFT-E4A will be possible as follows:
- Automatic switching of recording media
- Separate recordings according to image-recording quality
- Recording images having the same size
- Backup Recording: Enabled with WFT-E4A attached
- File Numbering:
- Consecutive numbering, auto reset, manual reset.
- Possible to create new folders and select folders in the CF card
- RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording: Provided (RAW/sRAW+JPEG also possible)
- Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style: Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Def. 1-3
- Image Processing
- Type: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom, Color Temperature setting
- Auto White Balance: Auto white balance with the image sensor
- Color Temperature Compensation:
- White balance correction: ±9 stops in full-stop increments
- White balance bracketing: ±3 stops in full-stop increments
- Blue/amber direction or magenta/green direction possible
- Color Temperature Information Transmission: Provided
- Type: Eye-level pentaprism
- Coverage: Vertical/Horizontal approx. 98%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.71x (-1m-1 with 50mm lens at infinity)
- Eyepoint: Approx. 21mm (from eyepiece lens center)
- Built-in Dioptric Adjustment: -3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
- Focusing Screen: Interchangeable (Eg-D: Grid lines, Eg-S [point of Focus], Eg-A standard focusing screen provided
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60, no mirror cutoff with EF600mm f/4L IS USM or shorter lenses)
- Viewfinder Information: AF information (AF points, focus confirmation light), Exposure information (shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, AE lock, exposure level, spot metering circle), Flash information (flash ready, flash exposure compensation, High-speed sync, FE lock), Image information (Highlight tone priority, monochrome shooting, maximum burst, white balance correction, CF card information), battery information
- Depth-of-Field Preview: Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
- Type: TTL-CT-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF Points: 9 AF Points (1 Cross Type) + 6 AF Assist Points
- Metering Range: EV -0.5-18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
- Focusing Modes: Auto, One-Shot AF, Predictive AI Servo AF, AI Focus AF, Manual focusing (MF)
- AF Point Selection: Automatic selection, manual selection
- Selected AF Point Display: Superimposed in viewfinder and indicated on LCD panel
- AF-assist Beam: When an external EOS-dedicated Speedlite is attached to the camera, the AF-assist beam from the Speedlite will be emitted when necessary.
- Exposure Control
- Metering Modes: 35-zone TTL full-aperture metering
- Evaluative metering (linkable to any AF point)
- Partial metering (approx. 8% of viewfinder at center)
- Spot metering (approx. 3.5% of viewfinder at center)
- Center-weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
- Exposure Control: Program AE (Shiftable), Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Creative Auto, Full auto, Manual exposure, E-TTL II autoflash program AE
- ISO Speed (Recommended Exposure Index):
- ISO 100-6400 (in 1/3-stop or 1-stop increments)
- ISO 100-3200 set automatically
- Extension settable (with C.Fn.I-3-1): ISO 50 (L), 12800 (H1), 25600 (H2)
- High Tone Priority settable: ISO 200-6400
- Exposure Compensation: Manual: ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments (can be combined with AEB)
- AE Lock:
- Auto: Applied in One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering when focus is achieved
- Manual: By AE lock button
- Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, Electronically-controlled, focal-plane shutter
- Shutter Speeds:
- 1/8000 to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- 1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self-timer: 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
- Remote Control: Remote control with N3-type terminal. (Wireless remote controller RC-1/RC-5 can also be used.)
- External Speedlite
- Zooming to Match Focal Length: Provided
- Compatible Flash: EX-series Speedlites
- Flash Metering: E-TTL II autoflash
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- FE Lock: Provided
- External Flash Settings: Flash function settings, Flash C.Fn settings
- Drive System
- Drive Modes: Single, Continuous, and Self-timer (10-sec. or 2-sec. delay)
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Max. 3.9 shots/sec.
- Maximum Burst:
- JPEG (Large/Fine): approx. 78 (CF)/approx. 310 (UDMA CF)
- RAW: approx. 13/approx. 14 (UDMA CF)
- RAW+JPEG (Large/Fine): approx. 8 (CF/UDMA CF)
- Based on Canon's testing standards with a 2GB CF card, continuous shooting, ISO 100 and Standard Picture Style
- Varies depending on the subject, CF card brand, image-recording quality, ISO speed, drive mode, Picture Style, etc.
- Live View Functions
- Shooting Modes: Still photo shooting and video shooting
- Quick mode (Phase-difference detection)
- Live mode/Face Detection Live mode (Contrast detection)
- Manual focusing (5x/10x magnification possible)
- Metering Modes:
- Evaluative metering with the image sensor (still photos)
- Center-weighted average metering (video)
- Metering Range: EV 0-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
- Grid Display: Provided (Two-type grid displays)
- Exposure Simulation: Provided
- Silent Shooting: Provided (Mode 1 and 2)
- LCD Monitor
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size: 3.0 in.
- Dots: Approx. 920,000 (VGA)
- Coverage: Approx. 100% (viewing angle: approx. 170°)
- Brightness Adjustment: Auto, 7 levels provided
- Interface Languages: 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- Image Playback
- Display Format: Single image, Single image + Image-recording quality/shooting information, histogram, 4- or 9-image index, magnified view (approx. 1.5x-10x), rotated image (auto/manual), image jump (by 10/100 images, index screen, by shooting date, by folder), slide show (all images/selected by date/folder)
- Highlight Warning: Provided (Overexposed highlights blink)
- Image Protection and Erase
- Protect: Single images can be erase-protected or not
- Erase: Single image, check-marked images or all images in the CF card can be erased (except protected images)
- Direct Printing
- Compatible Printers: PictBridge-compatible printers
- Printable Images: JPEG images compliant to Design rule for Camera File System (DPOF printing possible) and RAW/sRAW images captured with the EOS 5D Mark II
- Easy Print feature: Provided
- DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
- DPOF: Version 1.1 compatible
- Direct Image Transfer
- Compatible Images:
- JPEG and RAW images
- Only JPEG images can be transferred as wallpaper on the personal computer screen
- Custom Functions: Total 25
- Camera User Settings: Register under Mode Dial's C1, C2 and C3 positions
- My Menu Registration: Provided
- USB Terminal: For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)
- Video Out Terminal:
- Video OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable
- HDMI mini OUT terminal
- Extension System Terminal: For connection to WFT-E4A
- Power Source
- One Battery Pack LP-E6
- AC power can be supplied via AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6 with Battery Grip BG-E6 attached.
- Battery Check: Auto
- Power Saving: Provided. Power turns off after 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 or 30 min.
- Date/Time Battery: One CR1616 lithium-ion battery
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.1 sec.
- Operating Environment
- Working Temperature Range: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Working Humidity Range: 85% or less
- Height: 4.5''
- Width: 6''
- Depth: 3''
- Unit(Body Only): 1.79 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor