Toshiba Black DVD Recorder - DR420
The DR420 is an excellent solution for archiving your favorite home movies to DVD. That's not all; the DR420 also enhances your DVD collection with 1080p upconversion to near HD picture quality via HDMI.
- Video upconversion up to 1080p1 resolution via HDMITM takes your
current DVDs to a new level, for an amazing viewing experience on todays
- One Touch Recording2 makes recording your favorite show simple. Just
connect the DR420 to your cable or satellite box and you are set to record
with the push of one button!
- Multi-format recording and playback3 provides the utmost in recording
media convenience with compatibility with the most popular formats (DVD-R,
DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW).
- Auto Finalize with Undo simplifi es the recording process by automatically
finalizing your recording for playback on standard DVD players.
- REGZA-LINK® (HDMITM-CEC)4 makes controlling multiple components easy.
Just connect your recorder to other compatible devices using an HDMITM
cable, and then control them using one remote, no additional programming
or setup required!
- Front DV Input makes it easy to save your precious memories to DVD.
- PLAYABLE DISC TYPES3
- Progressive Out
- Video D/A Converter 54MHz/10-Bit
- Video Upconversion1 720p/1080i/1080p
- Kodak Picture CD
- Digital Photo Viewer (JPEG)
- Y/C Separation
- RECORDING FUNCTIONS
- DVD-R (Video Mode)
- DVD+R (Video Mode)
- DVD-RW (VR & Video Mode)
- DVD+RW (VR Mode)
- Recording Modes 1H(XP)/2H(SP)/4H(LP)/6H(EP)/8H(SLP)
- V-Chip Recording
- Timer Recording 12 programs/1 month
- Audio D/A Converter 192kHz/24-Bit
- MP3 Playback3
- Dolby® Digital Recording (2-Ch)
- L-PCM Recording XP mode only
- 3D (Virtual Surround Sound)
- OSD Language English/French/Spanish
- 1.5x FF with Audio 1.3x /0.8x with Audio
- Scan FF/REW 2x(fwd), 5x(back), 20x, 40x
- Slow-Motion 1/2(fwd), 1/4(back), 1/8x, 1/16x
- Instant Skip
- Zoom (magnifications)
- Editing Features Playlist/Rename Title/Chapter Creation (User and Auto)
- Timer Back Up (at standby mode) 30 sec.
- Auto Finalization with Undo
- Commercial Skip
- Component Out 1
- HDMITM Out with REGZA-LINK® 1
- Front S-Video Input 1
- Rear S-Video Input/Output 1/1
- Rear RCA-Video Input/Output 1/1
- Front Audio Input 1
- Rear Analog Audio Input/Output 1/1
- Coaxial Digital Audio Output 1
- Front DV Input 1
- Width: 16.54"
- Height: 2.32"
- Depth: 9.72"
- Unit: 5.28 lbs
- Shipping: 7.7 lbs
- *External tuner source required to record television programming. This product is not made or sold for unauthorized use of copyrighted works, and it is only intended for recording and playback of authorized content and any other lawful use.
- ***Some DVD-R/DVD-RW and CD-R/CD-RW discs may be incompatible due to laser pick up and disc design. CD-R/CD-RW discs must be recorded using CD-DA method for CD audio playback. The DVD Recorder may not support some MP3/WMA/JPEG/DivX recordings due to differences in recording formats, disc structure, or condition of the disc (use of CD-RW for MP3 files is not recommended). See owners manual for more information.
- **A HDTV or HD Monitor with an HDCP capable HDMI or DVI input is required for video upconversion. To upconvert to 720p, 1080i, or 1080p resolution, a 720p, 1080i, or 1080p capable HDTV or HD Monitor (as applicable) is required.
- ****Use of REGZA-LINK®, which is a feature based on HDMI-CEC, requires an HDMI-CEC compatible display device. Depending on the display device specifications, some or all REGZA-LINK® functions may not work even if the display device is HDMI-CEC compatible.