Pioneer TS-SW1001S4 Black Premier 10" Shallow Series Mount Subwoofer - TSSW1001S4
Our newest line of subwoofers are designed to provide wider installation options for a broad range of vehicles. These "Shallow-Mount" Subwoofers feature multiple patent-pending features to deliver the big bass performance of a full-size subwoofer, but in a compact design that can be installed either behind or under seats depending on the type of vehicle. The mounting depth is just 2-7/8" - less than half a typical subwoofer in this class.
This 10" shallow subwoofer handles 1200 watts max., 300 watts nominal power, and delivers deep bass with top-notch sound quality thanks to features like Pioneer's extremely strong and lightweight Interlaced Basalt/Carbon Fiber Reinforced IMPP Cone, the patent-pending M-shaped Surround, and more.
To ensure that you get more natural bass, we’ve incorporated out new Basalt fiber technology into our shallow subwoofers. With the new Interlaced Basalt/Carbon Fiber Reinforced IMPP Cone, the volcanic-rock fibers create a cone that is lightweight, rigid, well damped, stable in temperature extremes, and more environmentally friendly. In short, this bass really rocks.
One of the new patent-pending features is called the "Air Suspension Control System". This design locks in air between the main cone and drive cone, ensuring smoother and more precise movement of the cones, for superior linearity. The locked-in air behaves like a spring, so there's no need for a traditional spider structure. The drive cone also deflects air pressure inside the enclosure, which further contributes to the remarkable bass of the small package.
The Premier TS-SW1001S2/S4 subwoofer is extremely flexible for installation, able to fit almost anywhere. There are two available Subwoofer Enclosures - the UD-SW10B is designed to fit behind the seat of a truck, or in the back of an SUV or Minivan and the UD-SW10U is design to fit under the rear seat of many extended or crew-cab pickup trucks.
- Size 10"
- Woofer Cone Material Interlaced Basalt/Carbon Fiber Reinforced IMPP Cone
- Woofer Cone Design Double Cone with Air Suspension Control System
- Surround 3-Layer Fiber Woven Radial Surround with M-shape Cross-section
- Voice Coil Aluminum 6 Layer, Long Voice Coils
- Voice Coil Wire Aluminum
- Voice Coil Bobbin Phenol Resin Coated Glass Cloth
- Damper (Spider) None (Air Suspension Control System)
- Projected Pole Yoke with Vented Pole
- Magnet Construction Strontium
- Basket Design Cast Aluminum Basket
- Gasket Rubber
- Wire Terminals Silver Spring Compression Terminal
- Watts MAX. Music Power 1200 Watts
- Watts Nominal Power Handling 300 Watts
- Frequency Response 20 ~ 290Hz
- Sensitivity 90 dB
- Ohm Rating S2 (2 ohm) S4 (4 ohm)
- Recommended Enclosure 0.35~0.7 Cubic Feet
- Accessory Grill UD-G258
- Diameter: 11"
- Depth: 3-5/8"
- Mounting Depth: 3"