Canon EOS Rebel T1i Black Digital SLR Camera With EF-S 18-55MM IS Lens - XT1IREB1855
The Journey Continues.
Canon's new EOS Rebel T1i is packed with features, both refined and new. In addition to its admirable performance with an all-new 15.1 Megapixel Canon CMOS sensor, DIGIC 4 Image Processor, a 3.0-inch Clear View LCD with anti-reflective and scratch-resistant coating, and compatibility with the EOS System of lenses and Speedlites, the EOS Rebel T1i adds remarkable Full HD video capture at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080. An HDMI port allows for quick connections to high definition TVs and monitors for easy viewing of your stills and video. The entire operation is simple and easy even if you are a beginner. You'll have uncompromised EOS Digital performance with power and flexibility right in the palm of your hand.
High Resolution Still Capture.
New 15.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4 Image Processor for faster processing of fine detail and natural color reproduction, 14-bit A/D conversion for smooth color tones and gradations.
Canon's CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range and offers the most pixels in its class. It offers many of the same new technologies as used by Canon's professional cameras to maximize each pixel's light gathering efficiency. Its APS-C size sensor creates an effective 1.6x field of view (compared to 35mm format). Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor dramatically speeds up all camera operations for intuitive operation and offers improvements in both fine detail and natural color reproduction. It works in concert with the EOS Rebel T1i's image sensor to achieve unprecedented levels of performance in all lighting situations.
With the EOS Rebel T1i, analog to digital signal conversion is executed by a 14-bit processor, which generates digital data with incredibly smooth tones. A feature that originally appeared in top-of-the-line pro digital SLR cameras, the 14-bit conversion gives incredibly smooth transitions from light to dark colors with far less risk of "banding." A sky at sunset is a perfect example. With this rich 14-bit gradation, the EOS Rebel T1i offers RAW images of the highest quality that can be processed with Canon's Digital Photo Professional software. Even JPEG files, which are always finished at 8-bits per channel, use the full 14-bit conversion initially to generate the best possible color and tonal detail.
Sophisticated Still and Video Features.
Full HD video capture at 1920 x 1080 resolution with HDMI output for HD viewing of stills and video.
The EOS Rebel T1i shoots brilliant video, even in full high definition. By simply selecting Movie mode on the EOS Rebel T1i's mode dial, the camera's 3.0-inch LCD lights up, and it's ready to go. Shooting is at a frame rate of 30 fps when shooting SD or HD quality video (640 x 480 and 1280 x 720 pixels, respectively) and at a frame rate of 20 fps in Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) recording. Sound is recorded through the camera's built-in microphone. Playback modes are simple to access, and all Live View AF features can be used in shooting video.
Full-Featured On-screen Shooting.
Live View Function for stills (Quick, Live and Face Detection AF modes) and video.
With Live View Function on the EOS Rebel T1i, you can enjoy nearly every camera function available in normal shooting, all with the convenience of composing on the camera's brilliant 3.0-inch LCD monitor. You can zoom in and navigate the composition and there's even a grid overlay for architectural shots. Live View focusing modes include Quick mode, Live mode and Face Detection AF mode and these are easily selectable through the convenient Live View Function menu.
Rugged and Reduced Glare High-Resolution Screen.
3.0-inch Clear View LCD (920,000 dots/VGA) monitor with anti-reflective and scratch-resistant coatings for improved viewing and smudge protection.
The EOS Rebel T1i has a 3.0-inch high resolution LCD monitor that features 920,000 dots/VGA for far more detail than previous Rebel-series LCDs. It's the same screen found on professional models such as the EOS 5D Mark II. A number of features enhance usability: an anti-reflective and water-repellant coating provides a clearer and more smudge-resistant surface and screen brightness can be adjusted in 7 steps in accordance with ambient light.
Optimized Images Every Time.
Auto Lighting Optimizer for superior highlight-shadow control.
The EOS Rebel T1i's Auto Lighting Optimizer is yet another image-quality tool that comes to the rescue in tricky lighting conditions. It can actually lighten dark areas of a scene while ensuring that bright areas maintain tonal detail. It's available in all shooting modes, including P, Tv, Av and Manual.
Sharp Results, No Matter the Light.
Wide range ISO setting 100-3200 (ISO expansion: 6400, 12800).
The EOS Rebel T1i features a greatly expanded ISO range that makes shooting possible in situations previously impossible without flash. With an expanded setting to ISO 3200 (ISO expansion: 6400, 12800), along with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor's improved noise-reduction technology, your creative possibilities are nearly endless. Combine the EOS Rebel T1i with one of Canon's EF/EF-S lenses with Optical Image Stabilizer and watch your shooting possibilities expand even further.
Perfect Photographic Learning On the Go.
Creative Auto goes a step beyond auto allowing control over frequently-changed settings.
Especially for beginners looking to expand their photographic horizons, the EOS Rebel T1i offers Creative Auto mode. While basic settings are based on full automatic operation, shooting guides on the LCD screen enable you to make corrections based on simple to follow guidelines. In essence, with Creative Auto mode, you can learn about photography while taking stunning photographs.
Shooting and Sharing Made Easy.
Compatible with over 60 Canon EF/EF-S lenses and most EOS System accessories.
EF & EF-S Lenses
EOS Rebel T1i is compatible with all Canon lenses in the EF and EF-S lineup, ranging from ultra-wide angle to super telephoto lenses. Canon lenses employ advanced optical expertise and micron-precision engineering to deliver unprecedented performance in all facets of the photographic process. Special optical technologies, such as Aspherical, ultra-low dispersion, or fluorite elements are featured in the universally acclaimed L-series lenses, and Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer technology is featured in select lenses, including the EF-S 18-55mm IS lens bundled with the EOS Rebel T1i, to minimize the effect of camera shake. With Canon lenses, you can truly maximize the quality and performance of the EOS camera.
The EOS Rebel T1i features Canon's acclaimed E-TTL II flash metering system. With any EX-series Speedlite, E-TTL II provides reliable flash output whether shooting fill-in flash pictures in sunlight or using flash in total darkness. With E-TTL II, the exact same 35-zone metering sensor used for measuring ambient light is also used for flash metering - giving even finer metering command of the image area. If you prefer a broader area for flash metering, there's a menu setting to change to "Average" flash metering - where the entire 35-zone area is measured evenly for flash exposure.
- EOS Rebel T1i Body
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
- Eyecup Ef
- C. Wide Strap EW-100DBIII
- USB Interface Cable IFC-200U
- AV Cable AVC-DC400
- Battery Pack LP-E5
- Battery Charger LC-E5
- EOS Digital Solution Disk and Instruction Manuals
- "Great Photography is Easy" Booklet and "Do More with Macro" Booklet
- Type: Digital, single-lens reflex, AF/AE camera
- Recording Media: SD memory card, SDHC memory card
- Image Sensor Size: 22.3mm x 14.9mm (APS-C size)
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses including EF-S lenses (35mm-equivalent focal length is approx. 1.6x the lens focal length)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Image Sensor
- Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
- Pixels: Effective pixels: Approx. 15.10 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Total pixels: Approx. 15.50 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low-pass Filter: Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Dust Deletion feature
- (1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
- (2) Dust Delete Data appended to the captured image
- (3) Manual cleaning of sensor
- Recording System
- Recording Format: Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 and Exif 2.21
- Image Type
- Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), RAW+JPEG
- Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM)
- File Size
- (1) Large/Fine: Approx. 5.0MB (4752 x 3168 pixels)
- (2) Large/Normal: Approx. 2.5MB (4752 x 3168 pixels)
- (3) Medium/Fine: Approx. 3.0MB (3456 x 2304 pixels)
- (4) Medium/Normal: Approx. 1.6MB (3456 x 2304 pixels)
- (5) Small/Fine: Approx. 1.7MB (2352 x 1568 pixels)
- (6) Small/Normal: Approx. 0.9MB (2352 x 1568 pixels)
- (7) RAW: Approx. 20.2MB (4752 x 3168 pixels)
- Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.
- File Numbering: Consecutive numbering, auto reset, manual reset
- RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording: Provided (RAW, RAW+JPEG)
- Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB selectable
- Picture Style: Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Def. 1-3
- Image Processing
- Type: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom
- Color Temperature Compensation
- White balance correction: ±9 stops in full-stop increments
- White balance bracketing: ±3 stops in full-stop increments
- Blue/amber direction or magenta/green direction possible
- Color Temperature Information Transmission: Provided
- Type: Eye-level pentaprism
- Coverage: Vertical/Horizontal approx. 95%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.87x (-1m-1 with 50mm lens at infinity)
- Eyepoint: Approx. 19mm (from eyepiece lens center)
- Built-in Dioptric Adjustment: -3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed, Precision Matte
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60, no mirror cut-off with EF600mm f/4L IS USM or shorter lenses)
- Viewfinder Information AF information (AF points, focus confirmation light), exposure information (shutter speed, aperture, AE lock, exposure level, ISO speed, exposure warning), flash information (flash ready, high-speed sync, FE lock, flash exposure compensation), monochrome shooting, white balance correction, maximum burst, SD memory card information
- Depth-of-Field Preview: Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
- Type: TTL-CT-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF Points: 9 AF points (center AF point is cross-type)
- Metering Range: EV -0.5-18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
- Focusing Modes: Auto, One-Shot AF, Predictive AI Servo AF, AI Focus AF, Manual
- Focusing (MF)
- AF Point Selection: Automatic selection, manual selection
- Selected AF Point Display: Superimposed in viewfinder and indicated on LCD monitor
- AF-assist Beam
- Intermittent firing of built-in flash
- Effective range: Approx. 4.0m/13.1 ft. at center, approx. 3.5m/11.5 ft. at periphery.
- When EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist beam is emitted instead.
- Exposure Control
- Metering Modes: 35-zone TTL full-aperture metering
- Evaluative metering (linkable to any AF point)
- Partial metering (approx. 9% of viewfinder at center)
- Spot metering (approx. 4% of viewfinder at center)
- Center-weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
- Exposure Control: Program AE (Shiftable), Shutter-priority AE, Aperture-priority AE, Depth-of-field AE, Full auto, Full auto, Programmed image control mode, Manual exposure, E-TTL II autoflash program AE
- ISO Speed (Recommended Exposure Index): ISO 100-3200 (in 1-stop increments), H1: 6400 H2: 12800; Basic Zone modes: ISO 100-3200 set automatically
- Exposure Compensation: Manual: ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments (can be combined with AEB)
- AE Lock: Auto: Applied in One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering when focus is achieved; Manual: By AE lock button
- Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically controlled
- Shutter Speeds
- 1/4000 sec. to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- 1/4000 sec. to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self-timer: 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay or 10-sec. delay plus continuous shooting
- Remote Control
- Remote Switch RS-60E3
- Remote Controller RC-1/RC-5
- Built-in Flash
- Type: Retractable, auto pop-up flash
- Flash Metering: E-TTL II autoflash
- Guide Number: 13/43 (ISO 100, in meters/feet)
- Recycling Time: Approx. 3 sec.
- Flash-ready Indicator: Flash-ready icon lights in viewfinder
- Flash Coverage: 17mm lens angle of view
- FE Lock: Provided
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Drive System
- Drive Modes: Single, continuous, self-timer (10 sec. or 2 sec. delay)/remote control
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Max. 3.4 shots/sec. (with One-Shot AF or AI Servo AF)
- Maximum Burst
- JPEG (Large/Fine): Approx. 170, RAW: Approx. 9
- Based on Canon's testing standards with a 2GB SD memory card, ISO 100 and Standard Picture Style
- Varies depending on the subject, SD memory card brand, image-recording quality, etc.
- Live View Functions
- Shooting Modes: Still photo shooting and video shooting
- Focusing: Autofocus (One-Shot AF): Live mode, Face Detection Live mode, Quick mode; Manual focus (5x or 10x manually)
- Metering Modes: Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor
- Metering Range: EV 0-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
- Grid Display: Provided (Two grid displays)
- Exposure Simulation: Provided
- LCD Monitor
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size: 3.0 in.
- Dots: Approx. 920,000 dots (VGA)
- Approx. 100%
- Viewing angle: 170°
- Brightness Adjustment: 7 levels provided
- Interface Languages: 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- Image Playback
- Display Format Single image, Single image + Image-recording quality, shooting information, histogram, 4- or 9-image index, magnified view (approx. 1.5x-10x), rotated image, image jump (by 1/10/100 images or shooting date)
- Highlight Warning: Provided (Overexposed highlights blink)
- Image Protection and Erase
- Protect: Erase protect (or cancel) each image individually
- Erase: Single image, selected images or all images in the SD card can be erased (except protected images)
- Direct Printing
- Compatible Printers: PictBridge-compatible printers
- Printable Images JPEG images compliant to Design rule for Camera File System (DPOF printing possible) and RAW images captured with the EOS Rebel T1i
- Easy Print feature: Provided
- DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
- DPOF: Version 1.1 compatible
- Direct Image Transfer
- Compatible Images
- JPEG and RAW images
- *Only JPEG images can be transferred as wallpaper on the personal computer screen
- Custom Functions: Total 13
- My Menu Registration: Up to 6 menus, Custom functions and other top-tier options can be registered
- USB Terminal: For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 2.0 Hi Speed)
- Video Out Terminal
- (1) Video OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable
- (2) mini-HDMI OUT terminal
- Power Source
- One Battery Pack LP-E5
- AC power can be supplied via AC Adapter Kit ACK-E5
- With Battery Grip BG-E5, AA-size batteries can be used
- Battery Life
- The above figures apply with a fully-charged Battery Pack LP-E5
- The figures above are based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) testing standards
- Battery Check: Automatic
- Power Saving: Provided. Power turns off after 30 sec., 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 min.
- Back-up Battery: Built-in secondary battery
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.1 sec. (based on CIPA testing standards)
- Operating Environment
- Working Temperature Range: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Working Humidity Range: 85% or less
- Height: 3.8"
- Width: 5.1"
- Depth: 2.4"
- Unit(body only): 1.06 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts & Labor