Onkyo Remote Interactive iPod Dock In Black, DSA3XSuperior Video Quality and More Versatility from Your iPod
The latest in Onkyo’s line of RI (Remote Interactive) Docks for the iPod links with your home entertainment system to get more out of your music, movies, TV shows, music videos, and video podcasts. The DS-A3 is equipped with component video output, to ensure greater quality and reliability for video playback. You also have the benefits found on earlier Docks: recharging capability; onscreen display for navigation and content selection; a dedicated remote control; and integrated operability through Onkyo’s RI system. Combining iPod versatility with Onkyo sound quality is a simple formula for pure enjoyment.
- iPod touch (1st and 2nd generations)
- iPod classic
- 4th Generation iPod with Click Wheel (Latest Software Version)
- 5th Generation iPod with Video (Latest Software Version)
- iPod photo (Latest Software Version)
- iPod mini (Latest Software Version)
- iPod nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen iPod
Integrating the iPod Family with Onkyo Systems
The DS-A3 smoothly accommodates the iPod touch (1st and 2nd generations),the iPod classic, 4th and 5th generation iPod models, the iPod nano (1st, 2nd,3rd, and 4th generations), the iPod photo, and the iPod mini.
iPod Video Playback via Component Video
By connecting a compatible iPod model to the DS-A3, you can view movies, music videos, TV shows, and video podcasts on a connected display. Component video connectivity ensures a stable, high-quality video signal output. The DS-A3 supports 480i and 576i output from the iPod touch, and 480p and 576p from the iPod nano (3rd and 4th generations) and iPod classic.
Onscreen Display for Easier Navigation and Selection of Audio and Video Content
The DS-A3 comes with an onscreen display (OSD) mode that enables you to easily navigate and select video and audio content viewed on a connected display. In OSD mode, you can browse your iPod content using the keys on the dedicated remote controller.
Dedicated Remote Controller for Enhanced Control and Functionality
There’s no need to handle your iPod while it’s sitting in the DS-A3, as it comes with its own remote controller that controls all basic playback functions. With its simple layout and easy operability, this palm-fitting remote controller is particularly handy for navigating and selecting your music via the OSD.
Recharge Your iPod While Enjoying Your Music
The DS-A3 comes with an AC adaptor that needs to be plugged in when you play back your music. When your iPod is in the Dock, its battery will continue charging as long as the Dock is connected to a power source. So, while you’re enjoying your device’s music in the comfort of your own home, you’re also fully charging the battery for when you’re on the move.
Added Functionality and Integration Through the RI (Remote Interactive) Function
You also have the option of connecting the DS-A3 through the RI interface. This gives you access to selected functions: System On/System Off, Auto Power On, Auto Selector (Direct Change), and Sleep Timer.
- iPod Cradle for any audio components and systems through RCA connections
- RI controllable with most Onkyo systems using your Onkyo remote
- iPod charging function
- Built-in Onscreen graphics generator to display Playlist Information (Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Composer)
- Remote control included
- DS-A3 Remote Interactive Dock
- AC adapter
- AV cable
- RI cable
- Component Video Conversion Cable
- Remote Controller
- Button-type battery (CR 2025)
- Instruction manual
- Power supply: AC adapter (5 V DC)
- Power consumption (iPod not inserted):
- North American model: 0.8 W
- Other models: 0.8 W
- VIDEO OUT (COMPONENT/VIDEO)
- AUDIO OUT L/R
- RI jack
- Width: 4-5/16"
- Height: 2-1/8"
- Depth: 4-7/16"
- Unit: 0.66 lbs
- Shipping:1 lb
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor