Canon VIXIA HV40 Black High Definition Camcorder - HV40
The Canon VIXIA HV40 is one of the latest additions to our large family of HD camcorders. For those seeking the ultimate in HD video quality, we bring a host of Canon Exclusive features you won't find anywhere else - from our own 2.96 Full HD CMOS image sensor and advanced DIGIC DV II image processor, delivering breathtaking detail and the best in color reproduction, to SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization and Instant Auto Focus to give you the ultimate control demanded by High Definition. With the Genuine Canon 10x HD video zoom lens and a host of other advanced features the VIXIA HV40 is sure to be your choice in High Definition camcorders. If you wish to continue to use your existing Standard Definition equipment, the VIXIA HV40 has both SD and HD recording modes.
The VIXIA HV40 is easy to use and delivers the high level of performance you've come to expect from Canon. Our vast experience with photographic and broadcast television cameras brings you the optical excellence, advanced image processing, superb performance, and the latest in technological advancements you expect. The VIXIA HV40 is the premium quality High Definition video tape camcorder for sophisticated and discerning videographers.
- The Image Quality of HD Video
- Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens
- Canon 2.96 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor
- DIGIC DV II Image Processor
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
- Instant AF (Auto Focus)
- Native 24p Mode
- 24p Cinema Mode
- 30p Progessive Mode
- Built-in 3.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
- Custom Key
- 2.7" Multi-Angle Vivid Widescreen LCD
- Advanced Accessory Shoe Terminal
- HDMI Terminal
- Brilliant Video
- Edit and Share Your Video
- Share Your Photos
- Additional Features:
- The Built-in Electronic Lens Cover means you never have to go looking for your lens cover again. Turn your camcorder on and the lens cover automatically opens. Turn it off, and the cover closes.
- Playback of 60i/30p/24p Video.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed Terminal for fast transfer of photos.
- Analog-Digital Converter lets you share the precious video memories you have stored on analog videotapes. Simply feed the analog signal from your TV, VCR or analog camcorder to your VIXIA HV40 to convert the signal to digital for recording on DV tape. Or use your VIXIA HV40 as a signal converter by connecting it between an analog device and another digital device.
- Wireless Remote Control lets you operate your VIXIA HV40 from a distance, so you won't be left out of the picture.
- VIXIA HV40 Camcorder
- Battery Pack BP-2L13
- Compact Power Adapter CA-570
- Wireless Controller WL-D87
- Component Cable CTC-100/S
- Stereo Video Cable STV-250N
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Video Solution Disk
- Digital Video
- Standard Definition or High Definition: High Definition
- Power Consumption: 4.3 W
- Television System: NTSC
- Video Recording system: MPEG2
- Image Sensor: 1/2.7-inch CMOS, RGB Primary Color Filter
- Total Pixels: Approx. 2.96 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels
- Tape: HD/DV (16:9) mode: Approx 2.07 Megapixels (1920x1080)
- DV (4:3) mode: Approx 1.55 Megapixels (1440 x 1080)
- Card: (16:9) mode: Approx. 2.07 Megapixels (1920 x 1080), (4:3) mode: Approx. 2.76 Megapixels (1440 x 1080)
- Tape Format: HDV / DV
- Maximum recording time
- SP: 80 minutes, HDV, DV
- LP: 120 minutes DV
- Zoom Ratio 10x Optical / 200x Digital
- Focal Length f=6.1-61mm (35mm equivalent: 43.6 - 436mm)
- Zoom Speed Variable / 3 Fixed Zoom Speeds
- Max. F/Stop f/1.8-3.0mm (when tapes are used)
- Focusing System: Instant AF, TTL (through the lens)
- Manual Exposure: Yes
- Programmed AE: Auto, Program, Av, Tv, CINE, Portrait, Sports, Night, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight, Fireworks
- Max Shutter Speed: Movie: 1/2000, Still image: 1/500
- Auto Date/Time: Yes
- Record Search/Review: Yes
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 10 mm (wide) / 1m (tele)
- White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Manual
- Frame Rate: 60i, Native 24p Progressive (records at 24p), 24p Progressive (records at 60i), 30p Progressive (records at 60i)
- Minimum Illumination: 0.2 lx (Night Mode)
- Image Stabilization: SuperRange Optical (lens shift)
- Filter Diameter: 43mm
- Viewfinder: Widescreen 0.27-inch Color Viewfinder / (Approx. 123,000 dots)
- LCD Screen: 2.7-inch Widescreen LCD (Approx. 211,000 dots)
- Recording Media: High Definition Mini DV (recommended) (63 min) or MiniDV cassette
- USB Terminal: USB 2.0 Full Speed
- Video Terminal: component (output), composite (output)
- DV: 16 bit (2ch) 48 kHz 12 bit (4ch) 32 kHz 4ch synchronous recording not possible
- HDV: MPEG1 Audio Layer II (2 ch) (4-channel playback of tapes containing 4-channel recordings possible)
- Accessory Shoe: Advanced
- HDMI Terminal: HDMI Type A (19 pins) Connector (output)
- Microphone Terminal: 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack
- AV Mini Terminal/Headphone Terminal: 3.5 mm 4 pole mini-jack (video/audio input and output)
- Depth: 5.4"
- Height: 3.2"
- Width: 3.5"
- Unit(not including lens and battery pack): 1.2 lbs.
- Unit(fully loaded): 1.4 lbs.
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor