Panasonic HDC-HS250 Black 120GB Full HD Camcorder - HDCHS250K
High Definition vs. Standard Definition: What's the difference?
HD images contain 6 times as much information as standard images. HDTV has 1,080 horizontal scan lines, SDTV has 480. That translates into much higher resolution and much finer detail. With HD images on an HDTV, pictures are so clear and sharp that you can see textures. The shift in the industry from SDTV to HDTV is well underway. For shooting once-in-a-lifetime scenes that you want to capture in full beauty, an HD camcorder is the best choice.
3MOS System for Beautiful Images
For videos of important moments you want to preserve, you want high image quality. That's what Panasonic's 3MOS System delivers, with a combination of optical technologies that further enhance the quality of full-HD images. The 3MOS System produces extremely accurate images with superb rendition of differences in darkness and light, rich color expression, and a full 1,080 lines of horizontal resolution. This advanced technology helps turn once-in-a-lifetime moments into vivid, beautiful images.
iA (Intelligent Auto) for Smart Control
There's nothing more disappointing than shooting a once-in-a-lifetime event on video, only to discover that the images are blurry or poorly exposed because of backlighting. Panasonic's iA helps avoid problems in difficult shooting situations by automatically making the optimal camera settings and activating certain functions. For example, iA now includes AF Tracking, a new function that "locks" on and follows a subject as it moves, so images are sharply focused and properly exposed. This technology is a huge help for everyone.
Advanced O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization)
Panasonic's advanced O.I.S. helps suppress the effects of hand-shake as you shoot, for both motion and still images. This system uses gyrosensors to detect even tiny amounts of hand-shake, then shifts a lens and adjusts the optical axis to compensate - all at an astounding 4,000 times per second. It also covers approximately 3 times the stabilization area of our previous SD9 model. Because the system is optical, there's only minimal loss of image quality even when viewed on a large-screen TV. In addition, to shoot high-resolution still images, the normal O.I.S. Mode 1 is joined by an O.I.S. Mode 2, which has a higher stabilization capability. The O.I.S. corrective lens shifts and stabilizes the image the instant that the shutter button is pressed, to enable greater precision in stabilization. You get all the beauty and minimal blurring.
- Records Onto HDD (120 GB), SD/SDHC Memory Card
- Recording Format MPEG4-AVC/H.264 (AVCHD standard complaint); JPEG (Still Image)
- Image Sensor (Total) 1/4.1" MOS x 3
- Image Sensor (Effective)
- 6.21 megapixels (2.07 megapixels x 3) [16:9] [Motion Image]
- 7.95 megapixels (2.65 megapixels x 3) [3:2],
- 7.53 megapixels (2.51 megapixels x 3) [16:9],
- 6.96 megapixels (2.32 megapixels x 3) [4:3] [Still Image]
- F Value F1.8(WIDE)/2.8(TELE)
- Optical Zoom 12x
- Focal Length 4.0 - 48.0 mm
- Filter Diameter 43mm
- 35mm Film Camera Equivalent
- 44.9-539mm [16:9] [Motion Image]
- 41.3-496mm [3:2], 40.8-490mm [16:9], 45.0-540mm [4:3] [Still Image]
- Lens Type Leica Dicomar Lens 1
- Image Stabilizer Advanced O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization)
- Still Picture Recording Yes; 10.6 M (3984 x 2656), 7 M (3264 x 2176), 4.5 M (2592 x 1728) [3:2], 10 M (4224 x 2376), 6 M (3328 x 1872), 3.5 M (2560 x 1440) [16:9], 9 M (3520 x 2640), 8 M (3264 x 2448), 5 M (2560 x 1920), 0.3 M (640 x 480) [4:3]
- Minimum Illumination 1.6 Lux (1/30 Low Light Mode), 1 Lux (Magic Pix)
- Focus Auto/Manual
- White Balance Auto/Indoor1/Indoor2/Sunny/Cloudy/White Set
- High Speed Shutter
- 60i Auto Slow Shutter ON: 1/30-1/8000, OFF: 1/60-1/8000, 24P Auto Slow Shutter ON: 1/24-1/8000, OFF: 1/48-1/8000 [Motion Image]
- 1/2-1/2000, video flash: 1/2-1/500 [Still Image]
- Iris Auto/Manual
- LCD Monitor 2.7" Wide LCD (230,400 pixels)
- MagicPix Images Yes
- Simultaneous Motion Video & Still Picture Recording Yes; 8.3 M (3840 x 2160), 2.1 M (1920 x 1080) [16:9]
- Microphone 5.1ch Surround, Zoom and Focus Microphone
- On-Screen Display Language English, French, Spanish
- Digital Zoom 2 30x - 700x
- Flash Yes
- RECORDING & PLAYBACK
- Video Recording Format MPEG4-AVC/H.264 (AVCHD standard complaint)
- Recording Mode HA (17Mbps/VBR) (1920 x 1080), HG (13Mbps/VBR) (1920 x 1080), HX (9Mbps/VBR) 1920 x 1080), HE (6Mbps/VBR) (1440 x 1080)
- Playback Mode HA (17Mbps/VBR) (1920 x 1080), HG (13Mbps/VBR) (1920 x 1080), HX (9Mbps/VBR) 1920 x 1080), HE (6Mbps/VBR) (1440 x 1080)
- Audio Recording Format Dolby Digital [5.1ch]
- Still Picture JPEG; 10.6 M (3984 x 2656), 7 M (3264 x 2176), 4.5 M (2592 x 1728) [3:2], 10 M (4224 x 2376), 6 M (3328 x 1872), 3.5 M (2560 x 1440) [16:9], 9 M (3520 x 2640), 8 M (3264 x 2448), 5 M (2560 x 1920), 0.3 M (640 x 480) [4:3]
- SD CARD FEATURES
- Built-in SD Slot Yes
- DPOF Max. 999 stills
- PictBridge Compatible Yes
- Video Component Yes
- HDMI Yes (mini)
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- AV Out
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
- AC Adaptor Yes
- Battery Pack min. 1250 mAh/Lithium-Ion
- Video Component Cable Yes
- AV Cable Yes
- USB Cable Yes
- IR Remote Yes
- Software HD Writer AE 1.0
- Other Cables AC/DC Cables
- Power Supply DC 7.2/9.3 V
- Power Consumption 7.4W
- Creating Still Picture from Motion Picture 2.1 M (1920 x 1080) [16:9]
- Speaker Dynamic type
- Stylus Pen Yes
- Total Pixels 9.15 megapixels (3.05 megapixels x 3)
- Height: 2.87"
- Width: 2.72"
- Depth: 5.04"
- Unit: 0.93 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Leica Dicomar products are manufactured by using Leica-Certified measuring instruments and quality assurance systems based on rigorous quality standards approved by Leica Camera AG. Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH and Dicomar is a registered trademark of Leica Camera AG.
- As digital magnification increases, resolution significantly decreases.