Klipsch Palladium Series P-17B Black Bookshelf Loudspeaker, Model P17BESP
The Palladium Series P-17B raises the bar for bookshelf speakers, with full, rich sound that belies its smaller size and a striking visual design that could easily be considered a work of art. The P-17Bs carbon-infused, thermoset composite dual-horn configuration is unique to the Palladium family. It consists of a proprietary tweeter design, combining a chambered phase plug and Tractrix® Horn for extended high-frequency response; a second 90º by 60º acoustically damped Tractrix Horn is coupled to the midrange driver, resulting in precise performances. The low frequency driver employs a 7" hybrid cone woofer, powered by a unique neodymium magnet structure. A single port on the rear of the speaker enhances low-distortion bass response. The woofers voice coil responds accurately to the smallest signal modulation, yet can also handle the high power of the most demanding soundtracks. Designed with an eye toward home interior and furniture designs, the P-17B has a signature style that blends classic Klipsch audio and a clean, contemporary look. Its unique enclosure hints at the power inside, while maintaining a high degree of beauty. Next to its shape, the most striking visual statement is the zebra-grain Linia veneer available in natural, merlot or espresso. The horizontal linear grain and absence of visible fasteners further add to its appeal.
- Modern design, incomparable craftsmanship and proprietary technologies
- Exotic zebra-grain Linia veneer cabinet
- 0.75-inch horn-loaded tweeter, 4.5-inch midrange and 7-inch woofer
- Bass-reflex design via a rear-firing port
- Frequency Response: 51Hz-24kHz +/-3dB
- Low Frequency Extension: 40Hz
- High Frequency Extension: 30kHz
- Power Handling: 150W continuous / 600W peak
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50 - 350W
- Sensitivity: 94dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Mid-Frequency Crossover: 600Hz
- High Freq Crossover: 3400Hz
- Maximum Acoustic Output: 115dB (2 speakers in-room)
- High Frequency Drivers: 0.75" (1.9cm) titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 60° Tractrix® Horn
- Mid-Frequency Drivers: 4.5" (11.4cm) aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 60° Tractrix® Horn
- Low Frequency Drivers: 7" (17.8cm) high-output, aluminum / Rohacell® / Kevlar® hybrid cone woofer
- Enclosure Material: Constrained layer MDF (medium density fiberboard)
- Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex via rear-firing port
- Height: 19.9"
- Width: 9.2"
- Depth: 13.5"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- Five years - Loudspeaker drivers, crossovers and cabinets
- Two years - Amplifier electronics