Dyson Airblade Hand Dryer, Model AB04
It's the fastest hand dryer and it's hygienic too, cleaning the air before blowing it onto hands. And because it uses up to 80% less energy than warm air hand dryers, it costs less to run and is better for the environment.
Other hand dryers
Dyson is about developing new technology to solve everyday problems, such as hand dryers that are too slow and can take as long as 27 seconds to dry hands. It's because of their motors. They can't create enough airflow to remove water from hands effectively.
They can be unhygienic since they don't use a HEPA filter which removes 99.9% of bacteria from the air used to dry hands.
The Dyson Airblade hand dryer
The Dyson Airblade hand dryer works in just 12 seconds scraping water from hands like a windshield wiper. Its the fastest hand dryer, powered by the unique Dyson digital motor. A HEPA filter cleans the air before blowing it onto hands, so its also hygienic. And it uses up to 80% less energy than warm air hand dryers.
Some warm air hand dryers take up to 27 seconds to dry hands. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer works in just 12 seconds with 400mph sheets of air literally scraping hands dry.
The Dyson Airblade hand dryer is fitted with a HEPA filter integrated with anti-microbial additives. It captures and eliminates 99.9% of bacteria from the air used to dry hands. It's the only hand dryer that's certified hygienic by independent public health specialist NSF International.
Costs less to run
Because it uses up to 80% less energy than a warm air hand dryer, the Dyson Airblade hand dryer costs less to run. It¹s also less expensive than paper towels. 22 people can dry their hands using a Dyson Airblade hand dryer for the price of a single paper towel.
Better for the environment
Warm air hand dryers use outdated, inefficient technology and typically require 2400 watts of power. Airblade technology consumes just 1400W. Combined with a 12-second drying time, the Dyson Airblade hand dryer uses up to 80% less energy than warm air dryers. And avoids putting paper towel waste to landfill.
- How it works:
- Dirty washroom air is sucked in by the Dyson digital motor.
- It passes through a HEPA filter, removing over 99.9% of the bacteria from the air used to dry hands.
- The clean air passes over the electronics, cooling them.
- The air then reaches the motor, which channels it up and through the machine.
- Air passes into the air ducts which are insulated to reduce noise.
- Its then forced through two apertures creating sheets of air travelling at 400mph. The two sheets of air literally scrape water from hands.
- Inside the Dyson Airblade hand dryer
- Rapid hygienic drying
Scrapes water from hands with a high-velocity sheet of air.
- Long-life, 1400 watt, energy efficient motor
Uses digital pulse technology. Only three moving parts no slip rings or carbon brushes to wear down.
- Switched reluctance motor
Digitally switched at up to 6,000 times per second, making the high-compression fan spin up to 81,000 times a minute.
- HEPA filtration
HEPA filter removes and eliminates over 99.9% of bacteria from the air used to dry hands.
- Touch-free operation
Infra-red sensor control for touch-free drying and minimal energy waste. Standby power consumption of only 1 watt for increased energy efficiency.
- Easy to clean
Tough, sealed ergonomic design for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Anti-microbial additives
Anti-microbial coating on all external surfaces to protect the product.
- Robust and durable coating
Resists chips and scratches.
- Dirty air in, clean air out
A HEPA filter removes 99.9% of bacteria from the air used to dry hands.
- No hand rubbing
Users don't need to rub their hands together. Bacteria in lower skin layers are therefore not brought to the surface.
- Speed of drying
The Dyson Airblade hand dryer takes just 12 seconds to dry hands.
- Anti-microbial coating
External surfaces are integrated with anti-microbial additives to protect the product.
- Casing construction
- Polycarbonate-ABS casing with homogenous anti-microbial additive
- Electrical supply: 110-120 V AC, single phase 60 Hz
- Rated power: 1400 W
- Motor type: Dyson digital motor. Switched reluctance brushless
- Motor speed: 81,000 rpm
- Heater type: None
- Standby power consumption: 1 W
- Energy consumption per dry: 0.00468 kWh
- Touch-free infra-red activation
- Hand dry time: 12 seconds (measured to method defined by National Sanitation Foundation protocol P.335)
- Airspeed output: 400 mph
- Operating airflow: 68 CFM
- Rated operating noise power: 85 dB(A)
- HEPA filter with anti-microbial coating 99.97% particulate efficiency <99.9% bacterial removal
- Ingress protection rating: IPX5
- Unit net weight (lb): 22
- Unit dimensions (h/w/d mm): 26.25" x 12.1" x 9.7"
- Standard warranty: 5 year parts, 1 year labor limited
- Product Certification
- ETL listed in accordance with UL 507
- ADA Compliant
Recommended installation heights
(measured from floor)
To top of machine
To mounting bracket screw
To bottom of machine
- Manufactured materials
- Plastic: ABS, PC/ABS, PC, PP (+ PPGF and PPTF), PET-TS Thermoset (BMC/DMC), PEEK
- Rubber: Styrene, butadiene, EPDM
- Metal: Stainless steel, galvanized steel, zinc diecast alloy brass
- Serial number prefix: A04-US
- Single unit order code: 14225-01
- Unit weight: 22 lb
- Packaged weight: 28.7 lb
- Packaged dimensions: 29.1" × 14.2" × 12.2"
- Pallet count: 13
- Pallet type: US
- Unit barcode: 879957002210
- Manufacturers Warranty(authorized online retailer): 5 year parts, 1 year labor limited