Apple MacBook Air 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Silver Notebook Computer - MC233LLA
Precision aluminum unibody enclosure.
The revolutionary, precision aluminum unibody design is inherently strong, and it’s part of what allows MacBook Air to weigh only 3.0 pounds1 and to be nearly as thin as your index finger. The unibody also makes MacBook Air amazingly durable. So you can throw it in your bag then pull it out wherever you happen to go without a second thought. Learn more about design
The Intel Core 2 Duo processor in MacBook Air was designed to fit within the computer’s compact dimensions. Now it delivers speeds not usually found in ultraportable notebooks, thanks to a faster Intel Core 2 Duo running at 1.86GHz or 2.13GHz. And with a 1066MHz frontside bus, 2GB of DDR3 memory, and 6MB of L2 cache, MacBook Air provides the power for you to be as productive in the air as you are in the office.
A powerful graphics boost.
The NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor brings amazing, high-speed graphics to MacBook Air. With up to 6x the graphics performance of the original model, you’ll notice a dramatic improvement in most applications.2 Photos appear in iPhoto more quickly. Keynote transitions occur seamlessly. Games play more smoothly. And movie and video playback is better than ever. No other ultraportable offers performance as impressive in such a slim design. Learn more about graphics on MacBook Air
A smart LED display.
The spacious 13.3-inch widescreen LED-backlit display provides instant full screen brightness the moment you open MacBook Air. LED technology also makes it more power efficient, which translates to long battery life. And since this display is mercury-free with arsenic-free glass, it’s as easy on the environment as it is on the eyes.
Slim battery. Robust performance.
Like everything in MacBook Air, the battery doesn’t compromise power for portability. You can access the web wirelessly for up to 5 hours.3
Room for everything.
With a 120GB hard drive, MacBook Air provides plenty of room for work, play, and whatever happens in between. Or choose the MacBook Air with a 128GB solid-state drive.4 With no moving parts, solid-state drives offer enhanced durability and use less energy.
MacBook Air SuperDrive
If you want to play or burn discs or play a DVD movie, consider the external USB-based MacBook Air SuperDrive.
A touch of brilliance.
MacBook Air includes a large trackpad with Multi-Touch technology. You can pinch, swipe, or rotate to adjust an image, zoom in on text, or advance through a photo album. Or try out the four-finger swipe, swiping up or down to use Exposé; left or right to switch among active applications.
Thin is in the details.
The innovative now-you-see-it, now-you-don’t port hatch flips down to reveal (and closes to hide) all the ports you really need: a headphone jack, a USB 2.0 port, and a Mini DisplayPort that supports DVI, dual-link DVI, and VGA video output. The Mini DisplayPort connects to the 24-inch Apple LED Cinema Display, and it supports other displays up to 30 inches.
Without wires, you’re free to go anywhere.
With fast 802.11n Wi-Fi5 and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR built in, MacBook Air lets you lead a fully wireless lifestyle. You can wirelessly rent movies from the iTunes Store, back up your drive to Time Capsule, or send photos or documents to the printer from the comfort of your living room couch.
Install wirelessly with Remote Disc.
Without a built-in optical drive, how do you install new applications? Simply use Remote Disc. This innovative feature of Mac OS X lets you wirelessly “borrow” the optical drive of a nearby Mac or PC. So you can install applications from a CD or DVD and have full access to an optical drive without having to lug one around.
Built-in iSight camera.
Need to video conference on the go? MacBook Air includes a built-in iSight camera so smartly integrated, you hardly notice it’s there. The iSight and iChat software make video chatting easy anywhere there’s a wireless network.6
Find out how to stay in touch with family and friends using iChat on your MacBook Air. Watch the video
Processor and memory
- 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM onboard
- 120GB 4200-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive
- Optional external USB MacBook Air SuperDrive
- 13-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio
Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- Built-in iSight camera
- Mini DisplayPort
- Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment of keyboard illumination and screen brightness
- Solid-state trackpad with Multi-Touch gesture support for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking4 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Analog audio output/headphone out (minijack)
- Built-in mono speaker
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone
Battery and power
- Integrated 40-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife ’09 (includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
Environmental Status Report
MacBook Air embodies Apple’s continuing environmental progress. It is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- PVC-free internal cables
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold
What’s in the box:
- MacBook Air
- 45W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, power cord
- Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
- Install/restore DVDs
- Display cleaning cloth
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Height: 0.76"
- Width: 12.8"
- Depth: 8.94"
- Unit: 3 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2009 using preproduction 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based MacBook Air units with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. MacBook Air systems with 1.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel GMA X3100 were shipping units. MacBook Air continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2009 using preproduction 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based MacBook Air units. Battery life depends on configuration and use. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processing document with display brightness set to 50%.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Based on an IEEE 802.11n draft specification. Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Video chatting requires a broadband Internet connection; fees may apply.