Apple MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Silver Notebook Computer - Z0GL0009Z
Precision aluminum. The new gold standard.
Carved from a single block of aluminum, the MacBook Pro is a true engineering achievement. Its unibody enclosure is the product of precise machining. From the thumbscoop to the
now-you-see-it-now-you-don’t sleep indicator light, no detail is unaccounted for. The end result is a notebook that’s not only breakthrough, but thin, light, polished, and refined. The unibody also makes MacBook Pro more durable than ever. So you can throw it in your briefcase or messenger bag and pull it out at an airport, at school, at the office, or on location without a second thought.
The longest-lasting Mac notebook battery ever.
Built right into each of the new MacBook Pro notebooks is a breakthrough battery that lasts dramatically longer and does so without increasing the size or weight of MacBook Pro. On a single charge, the battery in the new MacBook Pro lasts up to 7 hours (8 hours on the 17-inch MacBook Pro)1 and can be recharged up to 1000 times.2 That’s compared with only 200 to 300 times for typical notebooks. Advanced chemistry and Adaptive Charging allows the battery to maintain charging capabilities longer and determines the optimal way to charge the battery’s cells. Because the battery lasts up to five years, MacBook Pro uses just one battery in the same time a typical notebook uses three. That makes for less waste. And that, in turn, makes for one environmentally friendly battery.
Graphics in full force.
The MacBook Pro reaches a new level of high-speed, high-end game-playing power. Not to mention pure performance for graphics-intensive applications like Aperture and Motion. The power-saving NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics processor inside every MacBook Pro is great for everyday performance, while delivering long battery life. The 17-inch MacBook Pro and select 15-inch models include the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT discrete graphics processor, providing you with turbocharged performance for the most graphically intensive tasks.
A display of brilliance.
The moment you open your new MacBook Pro you’re greeted by glorious, full screen brightness. But that’s only one gleaming quality of the glossy LED-backlit widescreen display. It offers a 60 percent greater color gamut than previous generations for richer, more vibrant colors. And anything you view — including the ultrathin display itself — is a spectacular experience. The seamless glass enclosure makes this display strong and durable. And the display is power efficient and mercury- and arsenic-free, so it’s greener than ever.
Even the keyboard is advanced.
The rigid aluminum keyboard webbing has been cut precisely to hold the keys. And the keys are curved to perfectly fit fingers. The result? Pure typing bliss. The keyboard is also illuminated, so when you’re in low-light settings, such as airplanes or conference rooms, you can always see what you’re typing.
It all just clicks.
The first thing you might notice — or not notice — is the button. The entire trackpad is the button, so you can click anywhere. Without a separate button, the spacious trackpad gives your hands plenty of room to move on the large, silky glass surface. Use two fingers to scroll up and down a page. Pinch to zoom in and out. Rotate an image with your fingertips. Swipe with three fingers to flip through your photo libraries. Swipe with four fingers to show your desktop, view all open windows, or switch applications. If you’re coming from a right-click world, you can right-click with two fingers or configure a right-click area on the trackpad. The more you use the Multi-Touch trackpad, the more you’ll wonder what you ever did without it.
Each MacBook Pro comes standard with a large hard drive with up to 500GB of storage capacity,3 so there’s plenty of room for your photo libraries, video projects, and files. Or you can choose a 128GB or 256GB solid-state drive, which has no moving parts for enhanced durability. MacBook Pro also features ample high-speed 1066MHz DDR3 memory, with support for up to 8GB of RAM, so you can run more applications at once and quickly access your data and media.
Inside the 13-inch MacBook Pro is a fast Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at up to 2.53GHz, with the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro reaching speeds up to 3.06GHz. The processor is based on groundbreaking 45-nm process technology and advanced Core microarchitecture. With the 1066MHz frontside bus and 3MB of shared L2 cache (up to 6MB for the 15- and 17-inch models), MacBook Pro runs applications faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Ports with possibilities.
Every MacBook Pro is iPod, iPhone, digital camera, and external hard drive ready. If it has a cable, there’s a place for it. You’ll find two USB 2.0 ports (three USB 2.0 ports on the 17-inch MacBook Pro) and a FireWire 800 port for connecting faster peripherals. The Mini DisplayPort is a perfect fit for the Apple LED Cinema Display. MacBook Pro even recognizes what you plug in, so you don’t have to install new drivers.
From camera to computer. In an instant.
Transfer your photos and videos to and from your MacBook Pro just as fast as you’re able to take them. Built into the 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pro is a new SD card slot, so you can edit and share your photos and digital video on the spot.
Your studio to go.
With the latest 802.11n wireless technology built into MacBook Pro, you’re always seamlessly and effortlessly connected to the wireless world out there, at home, and at work.4 MacBook Pro automatically finds available networks and allows you to join them with just one click. Bluetooth capabilities are also built in, so brilliant accessories can become your wireless accomplices. With a built-in battery that lasts longer than ever before, you can do everything you need to do, where you need to do it.
Burn DVDs superfast.
After editing and applying the finishing touches to your home movie masterpiece in iMovie and iDVD, use the ultrafast 8x SuperDrive on your MacBook Pro to burn it to DVD. And because the SuperDrive also writes to double-layer discs (DVDs with nearly 9GB of space), it’s great for backing up data.
Be everywhere at once.
Cleverly integrated — almost hidden — at the top of the MacBook Pro display is an iSight camera. Use it with iChat, and you can be anywhere without actually being there. Video chat with up to three of your friends, share a video with a colleague, or present to a client.5 Use iSight with Photo Booth for fun photo effects. And there’s no need to waste valuable primping time installing software or configuring the camera. Like everything Mac, iSight just works.
Connections and expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Mini DisplayPort
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- SD card slot
- Audio in/out
- Kensington lock slot
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in omnidirectional microphone
- Combined optical digital output/headphone out (user-selectable analog audio line in)
- Supports Apple Stereo Headset with microphone
Environmental Status Report
MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- PVC-free internal cables
- Reduced packaging volume
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
Graphics and video support
- All models: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- Built-in iSight camera
- Mini DisplayPort
- Pure digital video output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (optional)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (optional)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter supports 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display (optional)
- Built-in full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Processor and memory
- 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB
- 500GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
- Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD
Battery and power
- Built-in 60-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife ’09 (includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
What’s in the box:
- MacBook Pro
- Display cleaning cloth
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Height: 0.95"
- Width: 12.78"
- Depth: 8.94"
- Unit: 4.5 lbs
- Shipping: 7 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor with 90 Days Phone Support
- 13-inch MacBook Pro testing conducted by Apple in May 2009 using preproduction 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based MacBook Pro units. 15-inch MacBook Pro testing conducted by Apple in May 2009 using preproduction 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based MacBook Pro units with a Better Battery Life setting. 17-inch MacBook Pro testing conducted by Apple in May 2009 using preproduction 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based MacBook Pro units with a Better Battery Life setting. Battery life depends on configuration and use. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processing document with display brightness set to 50%.
- Apple does not warrant the battery beyond Apple’s one-year Limited Warranty. The battery has a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by an Apple Service Provider. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification. Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Video chatting requires a broadband Internet connection; fees may apply.