Sony Alpha Series DSLR Flash With Bounce Guide #20 - HVLF20AM
Expand your creativity with the revolutionary HVL-F20AM compact external flash, which extends illumination range beyond the camera’s built-in flash. Bounce flash enables shadowless indirect lighting while TTL (through the lens) flash exposure is automatically controlled by your a DSLR for easy and intuitive operation-all in an ultra-compact design which folds flat when not in use.
- Extends flash range beyond camera’s built-in flash
- Bounce flash enables shadowless indirect lighting
- TTL flash exposure automatically controlled by a DSLR
- Easy intuitive operation
- Ultra-compact design folds flat when not in use
- Elegant and attractive styling
- Built -in diffuser for wide and telephoto shooting
- Soft carrying pouch included
- Extends flash range beyond camera’s built-in flash: Though compact and lightweight, the HVL-F20AM has a maximum range twice that of the built-in flash units on ?230, ?330 and ?380 cameras. This is represented as the guide number (GN) of 20 with a 50mm focal distance at ISO 100.
- Bounce flash enables shadowless indirect lighting: When set to ‘indoor’ shooting mode, the flash points up to bounce light off the ceiling for shadowless illumination of your subject. When set to the ‘outdoor’ shooting mode, the flash directs light directly at your subject.
- Built-in diffuser for wide and telephoto shooting: With the built-in diffuser the flash illumination covers an angle of view of 27mm at the default Standard Position setting. If users want to to shoot at a greater distance, they can rotate the dial on the side of the flash unit to the ‘Tele’ Position*. Although this reduces flash coverage to an angle of view of 50mm, it extends the range to illuminate more distant subjects.
- Easy intuitive operation: Unlike most external flash units, the HVL-F20AM has no dedicated ON/OFF switch. Instead, power is automatically switched on simply by raising the flash unit into the shooting position. In addition, a switch on the side of the unit offers Indoor and Outdoor settings, making it easy to obtain flash illumination that suits the shooting situation. A charging lamp indicates when the flash is ready to fire.
- Light (90g / 3.2oz), slim (24mm / 1”) ultra-compact design: With a weight of only 90g (approx.) and a thickness of only 24mm (1 inch), the HVL-F20AM is so compact it can simply be folded down and left mounted on the camera when it is not in use, or detached and carried in a shirt pocket. When removed from the camera, the flash unit's hot shoe can be folded to the side, making the body even more compact.
- Elegant and attractive styling: Viewed from any angle, the HVL-F20AM's revolutionary body is sleek, slim, and virtually protrusion-free. The new design also eliminates the LCD display panel found on many conventional flash units, further contributing to esy-use simplicity and stylish design.
- ADI Flash Metering System: The ADI (Advanced Distance Integration) flash metering system offers the optimum flash metering and automatic white-balance compensation regardless of the background conditions or the subject's reflectance. ADI flash metering works in combination with ? cameras and lenses that incorporate a distance encoder. When used with these lenses, the camera calculates a guide number to control TTL (through the lens) flash metering. This guide number is calculated according to distance from the subject, ambient light and pre-flash reflectivity of the subject and the background.
- Wireless flash trigger function (DSLR-A900 only): When teamed with the ?900, the HVL-F20AM can also be used to trigger wireless flash setups. Please note, however, that this functionality is only available with DSLR-A900, and does not include luminosity ratio control.
- Height: 7.8"
- Width: 3.94"
- Depth: 4.33"