Garmin Nuvi 1390T GPS Navigation System - 0100078202
nüvi® 1390T packs big features into a slim design. The ultra-thin navigator includes lane assist with junction view, preloaded maps for North America or Europe, pedestrian navigation options, free traffic alerts, hands-free calling and ecoRoute™ to calculate a more fuel-efficient route.
Navigate City Transit
With its enhanced pedestrian navigation capabilities, nüvi 1390T is the perfect travel companion for getting around town. Download optional cityXplorer™ content to help you navigate city public transit. Know where to walk, where to catch the bus, subway, tram or other transportation and how long it will take to get there. cityXplorer maps are available for select cities throughout North America and Europe.
Take It With You
Twenty-five percent slimmer than other nüvis, you can take the ultra-thin 1390T anywhere. It easily fits in your pocket or purse, and its rechargeable lithium-ion battery makes it convenient for navigation by car or foot.
Know the Lane Before It’s Too Late
No more guessing which lane you need to be in to make an upcoming turn. Lane assist with junction view guides you to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit, making unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. It realistically displays road signs and junctions on your route along with arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation.
With nüvi 1390T's widescreen display, you'll always get the big picture. View map detail, driving directions, photos and more in bright, brilliant color. Its sunlight-readable, 4.3-inch display is easy to read — from any direction.
Get Turn-by-Turn Directions
nüvi 1390T's intuitive interface greets you with two simple questions: "Where To?" and "View Map." Touch the color screen to easily look up addresses and services and get voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names to your destination. It comes preloaded with detailed City Navigator® NT street maps, nearly 6 million points of interest (POIs), 2-D or 3-D maps and the speed limit for most major roads. Its digital elevation maps show you shaded contours at higher zoom levels, giving you a big picture of the surrounding terrain. With the 1390T's enhanced user interface, you can slide your finger to conveniently scroll between screens. You can also upload custom points of interest (POIs). And with HotFix™ satellite prediction, nüvi calculates your position faster to get you there quicker.
Make Hands-free Calls
For hands-free calling, nüvi 1390T integrates Bluetooth® wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker. Just pair it with your compatible Bluetooth phone and talk hands-free through the 1390T while staying focused on the road. Simply dial numbers with nüvi's touchscreen keypad to make a call. To answer calls, just tap the screen and speak into its built-in microphone. Enjoy convenient one-touch dialing for contacts and points of interest.
Receive Free Traffic Alerts
Steer clear of traffic with nüvi 1390T's integrated FM traffic receiver and free lifetime¹ traffic updates. Receive alerts about traffic delays and road construction that lie ahead on your route. Next, simply touch nüvi's screen to view traffic details or detour around the problem area.
Go Beyond Navigation
Navigation is just the beginning. nüvi 1390T saves you gas and money with ecoRoute — a green feature that calculates the most fuel-efficient route, tracks fuel usage and more. The 1390T includes many travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. With photo navigation, you can download pictures from Garmin Connect™ Photos and navigate to them. It's also compatible with MSN® Direct (receiver purchase and subscription required). With its "Where Am I?" emergency locator, you always know your location. Simply tap the screen to get your exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and fuel stations. The 1390T features Garmin Lock™, an anti-theft feature, and is compatible with our free Garmin Garage where you can download custom custom voices and vehicles. Enhance your travel experience with optional plug-in microSD™ cards.
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): yes (internal speaker)
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): yes
- Lane assist (guides you to the proper lane for navigation): yes (with junction view)
- Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation): yes
- Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road): yes
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): yes
- Bluetooth® wireless technology (connect to your phone for hands-free calling): yes
- MSN® Direct compatible: yes
- FM traffic compatible: yes (receiver and lifetime traffic included)
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads): yes
- Where Am I? (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection): yes
- EcoRoute™ (calculates a more fuel-efficient route) : yes
- Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout): yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
- Garmin Garage™ vehicles compatible (download car-shaped icons to your device): yes
- Garmin Garage™ voices compatible (download custom voices to your device): yes
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
- World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator: yes
- Picture viewer: yes
- Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature): yes
- Touchscreen: yes
- Additional: This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® 2000 or later and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.
- nüvi 1390T
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT for North America or Europe (full coverage)
- Lifetime traffic¹
- FM traffic receiver with vehicle power cable
- Vehicle suction cup mount ²
- USB cable
- Dashboard disc
- Quick start manual
- Physical & Performance:
- Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 272 pixels
- Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 4 hours
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- RoHS version available: yes
- Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: yes
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: internal solid state
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Routes: 0
- Width: 4.8"
- Height: 2.9"
- Depth: 0.6"
- Display Size:
- Width: 3.81"
- Height: 2.25"
- Diagonal: 4.3"
- Unit: 0.36 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb