JL Audio Class D Five-Channel System Mobile Amplifier, Model HD9005
The JL Audio HD900/5 is a very powerful and compact five-channel amplifier utilizing patented Single Cycle Control™ Class D technology for all channels. This groundbreaking technology delivers reference-grade, fullrange sonic performance while requiring far less current from the vehicle's electrical system than a conventional amplifier.
JL Audio's exclusive R.I.P.S. power supply design optimizes the output of each channel section for any impedance between 1.5 and 4 ohms per channel (3-8 ohms bridged on front and rear sections) allowing you to get full use of the HD900/5's performance capabilities with a wide range of speaker systems.
The tightly regulated power supply design also means that the HD900/5's clean power output
capability remains stable over a wide range of vehicle voltages, resulting in enhanced fidelity.
The HD900/5 flexible, studio-grade signal processing allows it to be deployed in several
different system configurations:
- As a five-channel amplifier in a bi-amplified system, driving four satellite speakers (100W x 4), plus a subwoofer system (500W x 1).
- As a very powerful three-channel amplifier in a bi-amplified system, driving two satellite speakers (150W x 2, bridged), plus a subwoofer system (500W x 1).
- As a five-channel amplifier in a tri-amplified system, driving two tweeters (100W x 2), plus two woofer/mids (100W x 2), plus a subwoofer system (500W x 1). An external 2-way crossover is required for this application.
The HD900/5's flexible input and crossover sections permit operation with a wide variety of source units and system configurations. It can be operated with a single pair of stereo inputs, with two pairs of stereo inputs (front and rear) or with separate inputs for its front, rear and subwoofer channels.
As we said, it's very flexible.
- Description: Five-Channel Class D System Amplifier
- Patented Technology: Single Cycle Control™ (U.S. Patent #6,084,450*)
- Differential-Balanced Input Topology: Three Stereo Pairs (Front, Rear and Sub)
- Front Crossover: Continously-variable (50 Hz - 500 Hz), selectable-slope (12 dB/octave Butterworth or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley) HP or LP
- Rear Crossover: Continously-variable (50 Hz - 500 Hz), selectable-slope (12 dB/octave Butterworth or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley) HP or LP
- Subwoofer Crossover: Continously-variable (50 Hz - 500 Hz), selectable-slope (12 dB/octave Butterworth or 24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley) LP
- Preamp Output: 2-channel (pass through or tracking LP)
- Bass EQ: Variable boost up to +15dB and Remote Bass Option
- Infrasonic Filter: Defeatable 24dB/octave at 30 Hz
- Left Minus Right / Right Minus Left Ambience Circuit: Ambient effect for rear channels
- Front and rear speaker output connections: Accept up to 12 AWG wire
- +12V and Ground connections: Accept up to 4 AWG wire
- Rated Power Front Channels: 100W RMS x 2 @ 4Ù (11V - 14.5V) 75W RMS x 2 @ 1.5-3Ù (11V - 14.5V)
- Rated Power Rear Channels: 100W RMS x 2 @ 4Ù (11V - 14.5V) 75W RMS x 2 @ 1.5-3Ù (11V - 14.5V)
- Rated Power Subwoofer Channel: 500W RMS x 1 @ 1.5-4Ù (11V - 14.5V)
- THD at Rated Power: <0.03% @ 4Ù (front and rear ch.)
<0.05% @ 5 ohm (subwoofer ch.)
- S/N Ratio (Front & Rear Channels):>108.5 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio (Subwoofer Channel):>95 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Frequency Response (Front and Rear Channels): 12 Hz - 28 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- Frequency Response (Subwoofer Channel): 12 Hz - 10 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- Damping Factor (Front and Rear Channels): >400 @ 4Ù per ch. / 50 Hz
>200 @ 2Ù per ch. / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor (Subwoofer Channel):>800 @ 4Ù / 50 Hz
>400 @ 2Ù / 50 Hz
- Input Range: Switchable from 200mV - 2V RMS (Low) to 800mV - 8V RMS (High)
- Width: 8.29 in (Width Measurement Includes Plugs)
- Depth: 1.93 in
- Height: 10.74 in
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Year Limited Warranty